ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Memorials Thread/RIP :sad:

Discussion in 'In Memory Of...' started by Wisened One, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

Allow me to add:

Alan Albert, by suicide, when his wife, Jerrye, of decades left him because he left the church.

Sally Chaleff, cancer, and Sea Org mindset. Scientology took her from top model to wasted in a short time.

Bob Ross

Mike Leube, an odd dude, put up the money for a center in Menlo Park, CA. Survived a falling chimney in an LA earthquake. - in fact slept through the whole thing on Joey Allesandrini's couch, with the fireplace collapsed next to his head. Suicide after being in the SO.

Rod Selmier

2. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

I kinda wonder how many have died of the slow, less noticeable suicide of just giving up.

3. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Just a wee comment: We have a number of nationalities posted as Amir Geuron's: Mexican, Middle Eastern/Lebanese, and Mick's quite definite Israeli. When I knew him at SHUK late 70s, I thought he was Italian! But when I think about it now "Amir" sounds definitely an Arabic (not Jewish) name, but Geuron certainly doesn't. And he did have an Israeli, not Arabic persona imo. He was married to Antoinette who I have read somewhere is still an auditor in LA. They seemed very much in love. I'm sure she is a lost soul without him.

4. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

He was married to Antonia.

5. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh, sorry i got her name wrong. She was (probably still is) some lady and very British. I've also learned since my earlier post that Amir is in fact a Hebrew name.

6. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

You are correct though Kutta ... he was Italian.

:bigcry:

7. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

I think that was her maiden name. Ruthie, the ASHO Div 6 reg/PES.

8. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

Sherman F. Craig - Passed Feb 5, 2010 - Massive Stroke he had a DNR. Mercy Hospital, Buffalo, NY USA.

Church put him in great debt. When he was in the assisted living they took all his funds on account and sent him the BASICS with out permission.

He had many strokes so the last one was the one that did him in.

Barb

9. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

More...

Both were from the 80's and both were from Ontario, Canada....

Cindy Scott English ~ Former E/O; Cancer: auditing "helped" (yeah, sure it did! Grrr!!!!)

Brad Pinch ~ Former Mission ED; Suicide: disconnection and freeloader debt

10. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Hi Fancy,

So sad to read this:bigcry:

I see that Mr. Craig was over 80 years old...... do you know how long he was a scientologist? It mades me so mad to know that Scientologists acted like vultures to a vulnerable older adult!!

Was his daughter Barbara a scientologist? I see that the Barbara Craig I knew of from NY Org has left scientology! Are they related?
    http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/iphearings/540872-00001.htm

' Mary McConnell '

11. skollie

Henry Rodriguez has died. (from WWP)

12. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Colin Gow died? My god, he was so young. (Sorry, I know this is a reply long after you posted it, but I'm still newish. Does anyone know how or why?

13. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

14. skollie

Panda wrote about Colin's death here:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=143007&postcount=6

15. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

16. Judy Rosenbaum

Fogfreetimes2 said: "Megalomaniac-Paul was also our supe for many years, died from heart problems.
    Judy-injured her leg, went untreated by proper medical, result was a blood clot or perhaps a stroke, either way, the result was from lack of proper care, I believe SNR C/S was comm ev'd over this.
    Mark-yes he devoted all his life to the COS. Had a medical issue which resulted in amputation of his legs, returned to staff in a wheelchair but was offloaded, wheelchaired staff was considered out PR.
    Some of these details were given to me by someone else. If anyone knows different details, please let me know."

I have known Judy for a long time. I worked with her at Delphi and SNC. She always wanted to audit and I had some awesome sessions with her! She always had very high ARC and made it very safe to be in session with her. My heart goes out to her family.

I know that Judy did in fact get medical attention, there is more to this story. Understandable if the SNR/CS got comm eved, I always respected her and she truly seemed to care about staff and public.

Paul was the Div 2 reg when he died of a heart attack.

Mark did have medical problems and amputations resulting from long term smoking. He was warned about the seriousness of the problem but would not quit. He did come back to post for a while but I believe that he chose to end his staff position and was allowed to do so.

17. mate

mate Patron Meritorious

Tim Skog apparently died from emphysema a few weeks ago. 2010
    Rest In Peace

18. Sandie

Sandie Patron with Honors

REST IN PEACE

:rose::rose:RIP ALAN WALTERS AND CAROLYN PATTERSON

19. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

?Ruth Discher and Don Currier

Was Ruth Discher married to Paul Discher?

Don Currier was ED in Boston in '76 or '77. Compelling guy who was comm ev'd and declared. I heard he ran a haberdashery for a while and apparently got back in. He was one of only a handful of OT's in Boston at the time and always appeared capable. He was electrifying. Anyone know more of his story and what happened to his wife Betty?

20. Fancy

Fancy Patron Meritorious

Sadie Craig died in about 2002. She was diabetic, went blind and lost her kidney's. She tried to handle stuff naturally but she was convinced to do the treatments which gave her more years of life to see a great grandchild.

She was smarter than her daughter she figured out the church well before she did. She used to watch TV and found about Lisa. McPerson.

She lived in dialysis for 5 years till it no longer worked, she got MRSA and then medical system refused her medical insurance. Shipped her to hospital that did not know her history and she did not get treatment till it was late. She died in her sleep. I guess that is the best way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.