ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Mike Laws

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mike Laws, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Mike Laws

Mike Laws Patron Meritorious

Howdy folks,

Some of you know me, others don't, some may remember me from my prior life as a Scio both in Australia and the US.

For a variety of reasons I have been keeping a low profile in the Scn and ex game, primarily to do with people close to me still within Scn influence. I have had a "respectful" peace with the COS up until last week, where they decided to do a piece on me on one of their hate sites, part true, part false, obviously tainted.

Though I have not yet decided what my short and long term actions and strategy will be, I wanted to more formally greet people on this board and say hello, I have lost contact with many close friends in Australia after I came to the US, having been recruited into RTC.

About two years ago I started posting anonymously on exscientologykids.com under the name Outlander. This was done primarily for my personal healing and mental health, about 80% of it is my story, 20 percent is other peoples stories added in to cloud my identity. The church has since discovered it was me, so why not share with others to whome the data may have some value. If you have an interest in learning more of my story or learning another perspective on Int and leaving the SO, please review.

As a side note, I am not a scn, or independant. I am recovering and evolving my place in humanity in attempt to be a good human being. I have given so much of my life to that "cause" I am not interested in diving back whole heartedly into the boiling pot, but will not tolerate abuse of others.

If I have a mission, it is to help exes recover and live meaningfull and productive lives, something that is mostly best done with a low profile.

Also, I am close friends with many of the US "big" names, such as Marty, Mike, Devo, etc. I know these people well, warts and all, so am not interested in getting into degrading generalities about these people by others who have not taken the effort or time to really understand who they are today and what they are about.

Mike Laws

2. Mike Laws

Also, I have a few posts on this blog under my name telling some of my fathers story.

3. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

Mike, your communication is very heartfelt. I have enjoyed what little communication we have had so far. Your goal of helping exes is admirable. I hope to get to know you much better.

I did read some of your replies to the post regarding your father. You are a beautiful soul. I am sorry to hear about the travails your dad had to endure. Had I known those types of things were occurring in the "church" I was so stridently supporting all those years I, of course, would have run for the hills.

As is probably not acknowledged enough (because most of us would like to leave our stays in the C of S behind us), I think it also important to thank people for the contributions they thought they were making. Just because we find that we were working for the devil, doesn't mean we weren't closer to the side of god while we were doing it, so, thank you.

4. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Welcome aboard Mike, and, hopefully we'll be hearing more stories.

And, would you be interested in talking (with or without generalities) to people who *have* taken the time and effort to understand what Marty and Mike are on about? Even if the conclusions reached differ from your own?

Zinj

5. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

In regards to this point, I understand you. I don't have any track with Mike or Marty prior to leaving and so I do not feel the same need to hear an apology on a personal level. However, there are many, many people who do deserve an apology or at least to hear some contrition, some adequate acknowledgment of past horrific behavior that GREATLY affected people's lives.

There is "good" and "bad" in all of us. I do not believe Marty of Mike are intrinsically bad. They are very apparently not handling this in such a way to bring succor and closure. The ball is in their court, ultimately.

6. SirRalliart

SirRalliart Patron with Honors

Welcome Mike. I met you on the Freewinds in Dec '95/Jan '96. I think I have a copy of some newsletter you sent out back then. It's good see you have survived!

7. Jim Little

Jim Little Patron with Honors

Hi Mike,

I look forward to hearing more about your experiences since my family and I have recently "publicly" left the Church of Scientology. I prefer to get all the information I can get on the subject. Thank you for being here.

Jim Little

8. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, Mike. Glad you decided to 'come out of the closet'. :)

9. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

I also share your purpose of helping exes recover from Scientology.

Other than that, I have written and erased at least 5 paragraphs of writing about Marty and Mike in response to that wonderful smelling piece of bait you placed in the last paragraph of your opening post.

Because I know that you are a tender and trembling newbie, I'll just say, for now....

Mike Laws - WELCOME TO ESMB!!! :happydance:

Once you've got your sea legs, come to see me in my cabin.

Alanzo
    Commodore, ESMB

10. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Alamzo, when M & M are praised the words that come to mind I wouldn't post here on ESMB.

Mike Law, good on ya getting out !

11. Rae

Rae Patron with Honors

There you are my friend! Sorry the circumstances are such that you've made the decision to come out publically because of them..but I am happy that you have!

And I agree 100% with all you state above that I've left in quotes. Exactly where I myself sit in relation to Scientology and the "big names" and any "mission" I might have...

Give me a ring if you'd like to talk..

Love,
    Sherry "Rae" Katz

12. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Glad to see you here Mike. Great to hear your out and your new found noble cause to help the ex's navigate the maze.

COB must have a new routing form!!!

The ex's continue to flow out and accumulate,

13. Mike Laws

Sherry,

Wonderful as always to hear from you.

I am pretty tied up with year end stuff right now, but will give you a call as soon as I have the respectful free time to have an uninterupted conversation with you.

For those who don't know, Sherry is, as one of her "jobs" working with an increadible designer and writer to put together world class web sites. We have taken advantages of their services and been extremely satisfied.

Mike

14. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

I have to point out that generally one acquires a few picadors BEFORE climbing into the bullring. However welcome and have fun!

15. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Hi Mike. :)

I said g'day on another thread when I saw that you had posted here a couple of days ago, but again, welcome - Glad to see and have ya here matey! :thumbsup:

16. Feral

Feral Rogue male

G'day Mike!

I read your posts about your Dad when you wrote them. I also met him once.

It's good to have you here on this board, plotting and scheming like the rest of us SPs. I did read what they wrote about you. Wear it like a badge of honour!

17. AlphOhm

AlphOhm Traveler of time/space

Hello Mike :welcome:

18. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

G'day Mike. So there you were just doing your own thing and not really saying too much and just taking it easy and they go and piss you off and make you start speaking out (again).

I swear, this group is too stupid to live. :duh:

On the upside it's nice to see you around these parts :p

19. Mike Laws

Comodore Alanzo and Zing,

If life is a journey partially made rich and meaningfull by the interaction with vibrant and lively characters, then you two are definately people I would love to get to know.

Regarding the "bait" of M&M, let me explain myself. I have watched this site for most of a year. You kids can play pretty rough. Sooner or later one of you will google my name, start digging and will discover stuff on me on one of the M&M Church hate sites. If I merrily show up here without disclosing what some would consider essential information, I know you will not play nice, so lets try and avoid that.

The Church's primary problem with me is that I will neither abandon or betray certain friendships.

In honesty, there is not a whole lot of bad stuff on M&M anyone could tell me that I am not aware of either through experience in the church or the course of friendships. It is not my place to try and spread good stuff about them because it won't be listened to. I do not agree with everything being done on any side of the fence, but respect anyone who is trying to blow the wistle or create change, and trying to prevent human suffering.

One of the things I have been most disgusted with myself on, in breaking away from the culture, is how few real friendships I had and maintained within the COS, friendships and relationships are essentially disposable ... someone gets into ethics trouble, assigned to the RPF, whatever, people turn their backs or worse. I remember getting into trouble, while in RTC, because if a friend was assigned lower conditions, or to the RPF, I would visit them, talk to them, check up on them and wish them the best ... something "unbecoming" of my position. I hate that I bought into it.

M&M, especially Marty, are friends of mine, they have treated me appropriately and well as friends. Last year, my dog (150 lb mutt) had a catastrophic stroke, becoming paralized from the neck down. Marty came to see me, helping me with him, comforting me. No one knows this, its what friends do, it wasn't for his fame or edification. It doesn't matter how much research you do on a person, you don't know the person until you befriend them on a personal level. Friends do not forget things like this.

I don't care about status as a scn, or ex, or independant, all I care about is relationships, real relationships with people. If someone has my friendship, I want them to be able to predictably know that I will be there for them providing they hold up their end of the deal.

Its part of my human evolution.

Mike

20. Mike Laws

Synthia,

Through the little communication we have had, I have found you to be charming and delightful, a beautiful person. I hope we have the chance to meet IRL in the near future.

Mike