What's new

Mike Rinder: Scientology Lies and Going Clear. The Sara Goldberg letter.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mike Rinder: Scientology Lies and Going Clear. The Sara Goldberg letter.

Mike Rinder: Scientology Lies and Going Clear

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-lies-and-going-clear/

Again, read the entire post.

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Sometimes though, they get caught with their pants around their ankles.

Here is an excerpt from the newest addition to the Freedom website designed to “dead agent” Going Clear. It is from an 18 February letter written by David Miscavige (under his pen name Karin Pouw) to Sheila Nevins, head of HBO Documentary Films:

Or in the case of Sara Goldberg, a liar who her own daughter was willing to tell you is the one who broke up her own family—not the Church—by siding with her drug-addicted son over her daughter. The Church had nothing to do with Sara Goldberg’s breakup of her family and friendships. This is a textbook case of someone who now blames others rather than accept responsibility for her own actions.

The cruelty and insanity of these people will soon become apparent to all the world.

While complaining in the same letter about “disclosing information about her [Sara’s] granddaughter ‘without her permission’,” in virtually the next sentence they gratuitously publicly label her son “drug-addicted”? Typical.

But here is what REALLY happened, contrary to the church’s indignant whining lie that they “had nothing to do with Sara Goldberg’s breakup of her family.”

Being a good, compliant scientologist, Sara had petitioned the IJC to remain in contact with BOTH her children.

She was told by Mike Ellis, who the church (inaccurately) describes as the highest authority on matters of ethics and justice in scientology, that she could NOT remain in touch with her son as it was a violation of HCOB 10 SEPT 83 PTSNESS AND DISCONNECTION.

You can see his whole letter here — it was published in the Tampa Bay Times when they wrote this story a year ago.

DISCLetter_12744454_8col.jpg

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
There have been several heartbreaking comments on Mike's blog on this recent post. Mike's posts are terrific, but the conversations and comments they illicit from ex-members and people UTR are extremely interesting and important to read as well. His posts seem to draw people out to share their stories of abuse and trauma they suffered at the hands of the cult, which is vital.

On that note there was this comment from Richard Royce:

Richard Royce says
February 22, 2015 at 4:20 pm

There’s nothing I can say to match or better the brilliance of Mike’s post and the comments of you all! I just want to throw in my 2 cents. My Sophy’s choice was following my own integrity and withdrawing from the Church once I realized the duplicity and non following of the Aims of Scientology along with the not following of the very Policy that sounded so good and sane actually was coming directly from the highest level of management, the Boss himself. I knew full well that I might lose my children, Conan, Devin and Jamie but I had to make the choice of being a parent who had honor and integrity or be a coward. My responsibility was to be the best example of a parent that I could be. If anything could salvage them from the trap I had put them in by getting involved in Scientology it was to be true to my own truth. I paid the most severe price, my youngest son, Devin, was caught in the middle between the loyalty to his brothers or his parents drove him to take his own life.

On Mike's previous post on the cult playing the religious persecution card a commenter named Gayle shared these stories:

gayle says
February 21, 2015 at 9:28 pm

I personally BEGGED the relevant staff at FSO to PLEASE help my dear friend Dennis Dubin when he was found by me to be dying. I was put off for WEEKS while I went to his home daily to help him as best I could. His circumstances were VERY bad and at the time he required the services of a specifically trained auditor which I was not at the time. Dennis, one of the first Freedom medal winners – the only care shown was when I finally got through to them that he was DYING they sent two people. One to try to see if he’d turn over his world wide list of contacts from Heads of State to religious leaders and corporate leaders and another to interview him and gather information I’d already provided weeks prior.

One of my dearest friends who nearly died from lack of medical attention after 25 years in the “sea org” was sent away from them BECAUSE he needed medical help and the “sea org” SURE as helk wasn’t going to pay for it! That’s the “sea org’s” modus operandi!

A public here in Clearwater was so sick with cancer that he weighed about 90 pounds. I had to go to his house to cook or take him food and watch him eat to ensure he had enough energy in the night to make it to the bathroom. During this time period FSO regges increased his credi card limit to sell him an e-meter they knew he’d never use. I drove him to his doctor appointments, took him to our home after surgeries, flushed his catheters while 99%his “team members” his long-term “social group” of FSO public in the OT committee were just glad he didn’t bring his “PTS”, emaciated self to meetings and events “just to eat the food. RIP Jacob.

TAnd let me wrap up with another story of just how much the church of scientology succors and ministers. A 32 year staff member fell and cracked his head on the marble floor at the advanced org at FSO called the Sandcastle. HE was removed from the building and set on a park bench outside. An ambulance was called. He was to make a long story short left alone for three days as he fought for his life with a brain hemorrhage! I found out about it and with another friend rushed to the hospital to find he was literally a “John Doe”! NO ONE FROM THE FSO went to see him, see if he was ok, find out if he needed any help HE WAS IN A COMA and the hospital had NO ONE to contact!

THAT’S how this so called relgion of scientology cares for their own! It is because of the INCREDIBLE hypocracy inside the “church of scientology” some described above that I found myself liberated to actually HELP people without the shackles placed on the purpose. The cold, unforgiving judgement and disregard for human life is ripe in the “woof and warp” of that money motivated, delusional, condescending, holier than thou bunch of hypocites.

Succor THAT david miscavige. I’M one of the very FEW who spent thousands of my own hours to help these people and more above and beyond when YOUR CHURCH doesn’t even have a location in your org structure to PROVIDE the kind of care, love and succor that most will find they need sooner or later.

Shame on you david miscavige, shame on you K Feshback shame on you scientologists for sitting on your high horses when the real world needs you to walk side by side with them in true love and brotherhood. You wouldn’t know what it meant to help real people in need because YOUR DISGUSTED by them, afraid of them and pity them. I am so sorry for you.

Bolding above is mine.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
There have been several heartbreaking comments on Mike's blog on this recent post. Mike's posts are terrific, but the conversations and comments they illicit from ex-members and people UTR are extremely interesting and important to read as well. His posts seem to draw people out to share their stories of abuse and trauma they suffered at the hands of the cult, which is vital.

On that note there was this comment from Richard Royce:
Richard Royce says
February 22, 2015 at 4:20 pm

There’s nothing I can say to match or better the brilliance of Mike’s post and the comments of you all! I just want to throw in my 2 cents. My Sophy’s choice was following my own integrity and withdrawing from the Church once I realized the duplicity and non following of the Aims of Scientology along with the not following of the very Policy that sounded so good and sane actually was coming directly from the highest level of management, the Boss himself. I knew full well that I might lose my children, Conan, Devin and Jamie but I had to make the choice of being a parent who had honor and integrity or be a coward. My responsibility was to be the best example of a parent that I could be. If anything could salvage them from the trap I had put them in by getting involved in Scientology it was to be true to my own truth. I paid the most severe price, my youngest son, Devin, was caught in the middle between the loyalty to his brothers or his parents drove him to take his own life.
Just wanted to provide the direct link:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-lies-and-going-clear/#comment-78661

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron