What's new

Minus the poisoned dwarf?

WhatGODWants

Hiya, new to the forum, have never been a member of scientology but find it & other cults interesting.
I just wondered what do you think would happen to the 'church' if the munchkin were to drop down dead of a heart attack or something? Is there anybody being groomed as a successor or have they all been purged?
Would there be fights breaking out to succeed or how would someone lay claim to the position?
Do you think a new leader would maybe try and reform the organisation or carry on regardless?
Sorry for all the questions but they're just thoughts I had and I know nothing about the politics behind the curtain.
Thanks

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Hiya, new to the forum, have never been a member of scientology but find it & other cults interesting.
I just wondered what do you think would happen to the 'church' if the munchkin were to drop down dead of a heart attack or something? Is there anybody being groomed as a successor or have they all been purged?
Would there be fights breaking out to succeed or how would someone lay claim to the position?
Do you think a new leader would maybe try and reform the organisation or carry on regardless?
Sorry for all the questions but they're just thoughts I had and I know nothing about the politics behind the curtain.
Thanks
I'm not all that au fait with the detailed politics at the top either, but from what I've gathered, there isn't really anybody left in the organisation who could command the authority to take over from Miscavige. Presumably Marty is not actually in the church any more, and most of the other senior or well-known people are probably too old to succeed him now (people like Ray Mithoff and the other former IJC [EDIT: I mean IG] ethics/tech/admin people, and Norman Starkey, etc). I don't suppose there are any other, younger, well-known executives of any real standing in the church now.

Perhaps it would boil down to the wishes of whoever holds the legal reins of the organisation after Miscavige pops off to Target 2. Perhaps that cow-faced bitch Monique Yingling has her name on an important piece of paper somewhere, or some other lawyer-type lurking in the shadows.

Wouldn't it be interesting if one of the Hubbard children stepped forward at that point (assuming they are not all dead or senile by then).

Last edited:

WhatGODWants

I'm not all that au fait with the detailed politics at the top either, but from what I've gathered, there isn't really anybody left in the organisation who could command the authority to take over from Miscavige. Presumably Marty is not actually in the church any more, and most of the other senior or well-known people are probably too old to succeed him now (people like Ray Mithoff and the other former IJC ethics/tech/admin people, and Norman Starkey, etc). I don't suppose there are any other, younger, well-known executives of any real standing in the church now.

Perhaps it would boil down to the wishes of whoever holds the legal reins of the organisation after Miscavige pops off to Target 2. Perhaps that cow-faced bitch Monique Yingling has her name on an important piece of paper somewhere, or some other lawyer-type lurking in the shadows.

Wouldn't it be interesting if one of the Hubbard children stepped forward at that point (assuming they are not all dead or senile by then).
Thanks for the reply. So maybe the end of Miscavige could also possibly mean the end of Scientology or at the least throw it into total chaos, well, more than it currently is.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for the reply. So maybe the end of Miscavige could also possibly mean the end of Scientology or at the least throw it into total chaos, well, more than it currently is.
Yeah. I sometimes wonder what the legal situation is with the CoS. I mean, with a for-profit corporation, it's fairly straightforward. There are shareholders, and if the majority shareholder dies, well, then, it just passes to his/her heirs. But I'm not sure how the CoS is 'owned'. They are presumably corporations at the top level, but given the tax-exempt status of it in the U.S., I'm not sure what 'corporation' means in this context. In the UK there are corporations 'limited by guarantee' often used for non-profit organisations, which are, I think, technically 'owned' by their shareholders (though there are presumably restrictions in the company's constitution prohibiting the paying out of any dividends or sales proceeds, if they are founded for charitable purposes).

I'd be curious to know what the legal situation is. Presumably it's not clear-cut, otherwise there would have been none of the shenanigans that occurred between Pat Broeker and David Miscavige. The CoS's top-level corporation (whoever held the trademarks at that time) presumably wasn't even legally held by Hubbard at the time of his death, so I would have thought that whoever 'held' that corporation would have continued to do so after his death. And yet there was a power struggle, so it evidently isn't as simple as that.

Does anyone know?

Thinking about it, it seems strange that there was a power struggle at all when Hubbard died, since one would have thought that SOMEBODY must have 'owned' the church at that time. I seem to recall that Mary Sue was gang-bang sec check-style threatened and asked to drop some kind of claim. Is that because she had legal ownership of the church then, and it was simply wrested from her by threats?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron

The end of Miscavage is inevitable.

What happens then is anybody's guess but it appears the organization is already well infiltrated by those intent on destroying it.

Back in the day there were many with a noble grasp of Hubbrd's work but it no longer so appears.

The tech is so good even rote application can produce good results but ote application seems to be all that's left.

The Grade Chart now begins "The Happiness rundown". When I audited it started with "Life Repair" which was mostly 2wc. This requires an auditor who can fly by the seat of his pants

WhatGODWants

It seems strange to talk about someone 'owning' a church but I suppose that shows you what it really is. It would be interesting to know who owns what.
Almost all churches or even businesses and political parties, they have a chain of command with the next in charge earmarked or placed near the top to be voted on, there's a clear line of succession.
That doesn't seem to be the case with scientology. Will it just implode? Carry on with another mini dictator? Could it be reformed? Should it be reformed or just left to disappear?
As Hubbards words are law, how much sway would his family hold over the members of the church once Miscavige is out of the picture?

Last edited:

Xenu Xenu Xenu

Patron Meritorious
16YeSha.jpg

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
This is one of the most interesting questions in the whole subject of Scientology. In fact, I think it's the most interesting of all, because the demise of Miscavige is part and parcel of the collapse of the whole rotten edifice.

That's really what the world is waiting for, isn't it? I mean, after all the years of lawsuits and exposes', what's really left? Sure, the escape of another high level exec would create some buzz for a while, but no matter how horrific their reports, the buzz would eventually settle down.

No, the case against the CofS has been litigated to the inth degree in the court of public opinion. More witnesses at this point won't strengthen the case. The verdict is ready to be rendered and for the sentencing phase to begin. It's time for justice.

Enter David Miscavige, the Capo di Tutti Capo of the criminal enterprise called the CofS. He's the axis upon which the whole nasty business turns. Without him at the helm, the organization would quickly spin out of control, as the innermost circle of managers are the most cowed and brainwashed of the members.

Should Miscavige depart for any reason, I can see the upper management drones attempting to install another COB to maintain order. Dictatorship is the only form of government they know. That's doomed to failure, though, as Miscavige got rid of anyone with that sort of temperament long ago.

I can see the coming series of lawsuits bringing these scenarios closer to reality. If Scientology Inc takes two or three major hits from these suits, it could well push DM to run or step down. Either way, he's going to lose his crown eventually. When he does, the organization will move into an era of extreme chaos - and hopefully, reformation.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That doesn't seem to be the case with scientology. Will it just implode? Carry on with another mini dictator? Could it be reformed? Should it be reformed or just left to disappear?
As Hubbards words are law, how much sway would his family hold over the members of the church once Miscavige is out of the picture?
Corporately there's still (reportedly) $3 billion in the coffers. The Dwarf might have total effective control right now, but on paper at least someone will have legal access if he upped and snuffed it unexpectedly. That money won't just vaporize. As for the rest, often discussed here. Search for it.

Family sway? Nil.

Paul