What's new

My first protest - In the local paper

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
I recently went to visit the new location of CLO Canada to stage a protest. I went alone, and with very light traffic to demonstrate to. But thanks to a reporter from the local paper, I managed to get the word out to many people.

The story is front-page on the Thursday, March 10 edition of the Banner - the local paper for the town of Orangeville, Ontario.

You can read the article here: http://www.orangeville.com/news/local/article/964740--resort-to-become-scientology-retreat

Thanks to everyone for giving me the courage to do this. I am so glad that I am making a difference! - And this was only my first protest!

-Adam

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bravo for doing this, and even more for your courage in doing it alone! It was a good write-up.
:thumbsup:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I think it would also be a good idea to protest anywhere and everywhere possible about censorship. CofS, among other entities, famous for that.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
way to go, what exactly is the retreat, i wouldnt put treat into any classification to do with CofS.

Is it the new legal prison camp off the comm lines of canadas law enforcement?

New Guy

Patron with Honors
You did really well.
When i went to my first protest it was a little scary.
And to do it solo and give an interview to the press as well is awesome work.

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

Patron with Honors
way to go, what exactly is the retreat, i wouldnt put treat into any classification to do with CofS.

Is it the new legal prison camp off the comm lines of canadas law enforcement?

I don't think there is a scn definition for it, but they call places like Flag, Saint Hill, and this AO a "retreat" because people stay there for days or weeks.

As opposed to a Class V org, which has no accomodation for stay-overs.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
No retreat from that retreat, eh? Well, good for you for getting out while you could. Sorry about your dad, let's hope he gets over it soon.
HT

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think there is a scn definition for it, but they call places like Flag, Saint Hill, and this AO a "retreat" because people stay there for days or weeks.

As opposed to a Class V org, which has no accomodation for stay-overs.

Thanks, could be a term for surrender and to retreat from the wog world.Yep just found it, needs a thread of its own.

Surrender (religion), the relinquishment of one's own will to a higher power
To surrender in spirituality and religion means that a believer completely gives up his own will and subjects his thoughts, ideas, and deeds to the will and teachings of a higher power.[citation needed] It may also be contrasted with Submission. Surrender is willful acceptance and yielding to a dominating force and their will.

Its as close a definition to brainwashing as i ever saw.