ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Narconon Arrowhead staffer loses job.. "Narconon is broke"..

Discussion in 'Narconon, Drug Free World, and Other Anti-drug Fro' started by Smurf, Dec 22, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

2. 10oriocookies

10oriocookies Patron with Honors

I reached out to her on FB. Arrowhead is NOT broke. They have money but refuse to use it for payroll. Staff are unfortunately expendable in their eyes.

3. ethercat

ethercat Cat in flight

They'll just push some "graduates" into staff positions as soon as they complete their success stories, and pay them less than minimum wage, calling it an "internship".

4. BigBeard

BigBeard Patron

Rules on interns have tightened up big time, and the Dept of Labor says this is totally illegal. If they do, here's hoping someone turns them in, as I'd love them explaining it to the judge.

BigBeard

5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

But they could claim religious exemption from labour laws. hmm but they are not religious, but they are scientology, but they are not scientology...oh the twisted curves spinning themselves in. :yes:

6. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

I wonder if Narconon pays them as 'independent contractors' to avoid paying unemployment taxes? I guess she'll find out when she files a claim.

7. 10oriocookies

10oriocookies Patron with Honors

nope. They get paid minimum wage with housing costs taken out.