What's new

New Signs in My Shop Window

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I lived in 1234 N. Edgemont for about a year in 1997 after I'd routed out of the SO. I had my first paid-in-a-proper-hairdresser's haircut since 1971 in 1998, I think now living in Echo Park, so sorry I didn't make use of your services Lynn.

Paul

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Awesome sign! Do they still have lots of staff and public living at 1234 N Edgemont and 1400 N Edgemont that have to walk by your shop?
Well, I know they have some. But they don't have lots of anybody anymore. Sometimes when I pass by LRH Way, it looks like a ghost town. And I notice some of them walk by on the other side of the street. I understand the shop has come up as The Item on PTS handlings for some staff. So I guess that's how they "handle" it.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I was in LA I would print up some flyers for you no charge and join the Sea Org members handing out their promo. The flyer would say Class VIII hair cut and styling and free Blow (dry) instructions. :D

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Well, I know they have some. But they don't have lots of anybody anymore. Sometimes when I pass by LRH Way, it looks like a ghost town. And I notice some of them walk by on the other side of the street. I understand the shop has come up as The Item on PTS handlings for some staff. So I guess that's how they "handle" it.
Is it the case that they've shifted to living inside Big Blue, and never venture outside to be contaminated by entheta thoughts, slowly evolving into Morlocks as they lock themselves away from the sun?

Or is it that there really aren't many of them left, with the few remaining rattling around inside the building complex?

Do you see much of any public-people cars in the parking lot?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, food is used as leverage.

At the complex estates crew monitored the cafeteria lines so crew from beans and rice orgs didn't use the regular menu org line. That usually meant AO and administrative units got regular food and ASHO got beans and rice. Now that LOA is SO I guess they use the beans and rice line also.

They have mid-rats (midnight rations) for staff who have formal authorization to work late and there is a list of authorized people. Of course most staff work late anyway and if they get mid-rats without authorization it is an overt/withhold.

It was also a serious violation to take food into berthing or do food prep in berthing without authorization from the MLO (Medical Liaison Officer). Otherwise crew would be stashing extra food from meals and the roach and rat problem would be even much worse than it was.

If a Sea Org recruiter invites you to join staff at a Hollywood org don't go.

JustSheila

Crusader
Lynn, I love your blog post!

This vid is for you, troublemaker! :bighug:

Lyrics (in English):

When I look in your eyes I'm a Trouble Maker
When I stand next to you I"m a Trouble Maker
a bit more
As I go more
Now I can't do anything for my heart

So that you can't forget me, I stand next to you again
I make your heart weaver ,you can't escape
I steal your lips again and go far away
I'm a Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker

I’m going to bite your heart and then run away like a cat
You’re going to keep getting ruffled, come in front of me,hurry and let your anger out
My sexy walk will be inside your head
My secret skinship shows in your face that you can't take it anymore,your stare

As it continues I fall in deeper,the more I know, I’m liking you more baby
I think I’m drunk by your thoughts lady
I never never never stop!

I'm a Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker

How would I be able to close you in my heart? (Trouble Maker)
Now I’m just going to go with my heart
I never never stop!
I can’t stop

I'm a Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
https://lyricstranslate.com

:coolwink:

Love your work, Lynn! :biglove:

Last edited:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

I lived in 1234 N. Edgemont for about a year in 1997 after I'd routed out of the SO. I had my first paid-in-a-proper-hairdresser's haircut since 1971 in 1998, I think now living in Echo Park, so sorry I didn't make use of your services Lynn.

Paul
It's never too late, Paul. Look me up whenever you're in LA. :cheers:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Yes, food is used as leverage.

At the complex estates crew monitored the cafeteria lines so crew from beans and rice orgs didn't use the regular menu org line. That usually meant AO and administrative units got regular food and ASHO got beans and rice. Now that LOA is SO I guess they use the beans and rice line also.

They have mid-rats (midnight rations) for staff who have formal authorization to work late and there is a list of authorized people. Of course most staff work late anyway and if they get mid-rats without authorization it is an overt/withhold.

It was also a serious violation to take food into berthing or do food prep in berthing without authorization from the MLO (Medical Liaison Officer). Otherwise crew would be stashing extra food from meals and the roach and rat problem would be even much worse than it was.

If a Sea Org recruiter invites you to join staff at a Hollywood org don't go.

Reading this just makes me think how ridiculous the whole set-up is. You join the Sea Org and provide morning-til-night labour 6-7 days a week for pocket money and a bed to sleep in. The pocket money has to pay for your toiletries, snacks, underwear, etc. And a birthday present for S.O.B. once a year. And then the org doesn't even undertake to feed you properly. At the very least, they should make the meals great, in return for all that essentially free labour. None of that beans and rice nonsense.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reading this just makes me think how ridiculous the whole set-up is. You join the Sea Org and provide morning-til-night labour 6-7 days a week for pocket money and a bed to sleep in. The pocket money has to pay for your toiletries, snacks, underwear, etc. And a birthday present for S.O.B. once a year. And then the org doesn't even undertake to feed you properly. At the very least, they should make the meals great, in return for all that essentially free labour. None of that beans and rice nonsense.
That's right. This is why I say that in Scientology when they have run out of positive incentives less punishment and degradation and less neglect and less exploitation actually become a reward.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Hey Lynn, funny to think that I walked right by your salon hundreds of times over a stretch of about two years!! I was STILL in the damn cult up until a few years ago and was in L.A. for training, then later I was out to do the ethics cycle that finally broke the camel's back. And it took months! Love your blog posting, I also trained at Flag but that was years later. I'm looking at your Google street view on my computer, and I turn the picture and see big damn blue!! Keep up the good work!! That brings back lots of horrible, but now that I'm FREE, becoming funnier memories!

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Lynn, I love your blog post!

This vid is for you, troublemaker! :bighug:

Lyrics (in English):

When I look in your eyes I'm a Trouble Maker
When I stand next to you I"m a Trouble Maker
a bit more
As I go more
Now I can't do anything for my heart

I'm a Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker

I’m going to bite your heart and then run away like a cat
You’re going to keep getting ruffled, come in front of me,hurry and let your anger out
My sexy walk will be inside your head
My secret skinship shows in your face that you can't take it anymore,your stare

As it continues I fall in deeper,the more I know, I’m liking you more baby
I think I’m drunk by your thoughts lady
I never never never stop!

I'm a Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker

How would I be able to close you in my heart? (Trouble Maker)
Now I’m just going to go with my heart
I never never stop!
I can’t stop

I'm a Trouble Maker

Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
Trouble Maker
https://lyricstranslate.com

:coolwink:

Love your work, Lynn! :biglove:
Sheila!
:bighug:
Thank you! I love the video.

Lynn Fountain Campbell

If I was in LA I would print up some flyers for you no charge and join the Sea Org members handing out their promo. The flyer would say Class VIII hair cut and styling and free Blow (dry) instructions. :D
Their security bike patrol would get you for giving out material that didn't have "Issue Authority" to their parishioners. Can't have them exercising their own freedom of association, you know. :cool:

JustSheila

Crusader
Sheila!
:bighug:
Thank you! I love the video.
You're welcome! It was such an upbeat vid and I loved the tune. It made me think of you, your little hairdresser shop making women beautiful and your beautiful truth causing so much trouble just by being you. :biggrin:

Your blog is awesome. I like all your posts whenever you write on it and hope you post more.

Love ya, sweetie. :bighug:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Pocket change? Huh. Some weeks you don't even get that. And the all-nighters, and bad food. It's beyond me how they expect people to function on no sleep, no food, and no money.