ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

New Staff Contract and Non-disclosure Agreement

Discussion in 'Important documents' started by aegerprimo, Feb 23, 2014.

1. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

(my bold)

I signed a billion-year contract, not a staff contract. This does not matter, because it is the frame of mind a person has when they sign a contract to "help clear the planet."

I was very green and in awe from all the love bombing when I first got involved with Scientology. I really wanted to help, and was willing to give up my whole life to help the most ethical group on Earth (or this sector of the galaxy) make a better world. I would've been the 99%, and just signed the contract.

Now, what happens if someone signs this contract, and decides to leave before the contract is up? THAT is the point it will be used to threaten them.

2. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

What do they do with all those billion year Sea Org contracts that got signed but never activated or honored for even a minute when they'd stage hiring events to get people to sign up? I signed up under duress during some intense post event reg'ing while still in an emotional frenzy from the event only to come to my senses later, so I never actually started or activated the contract. I always hoped that it ended up purged from my file and my file tossed out after so many years. I somehow imagine Hubbard at the gates of hell waving that contract at me. Shoot then I'd have to turn around and join up with the long line of Christians, Jews and Muslims at the gates of Heaven where it's been all booked up for centuries. I'd imagine the same is true for Hell. I'll just have to see when I meet up with my between lives travel agent, but then he's the bastard that sent me here last time we met. :nervous:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

Mike Rinder discusses the NDA… the Non-disparagement Covenant contract at his blog –
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/fear-of-discovery/

One comment he makes shows the idiocy of this contract…

So you signed this contract when you joined staff, and while on staff you witness a crime or a few. You decide to report the crime(s) during your time on staff, or after your contracted time is complete. The Co$ sues you for disparagement. Now you are in court and under oath to “tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God...” You recount the crime(s) you reported and are being sued for speaking out about.

Wait, what? :duh:

Enthetan, you are right. The SOP of the Co$ in a court of law is not to win a lawsuit, but to drag it on and on (for years) in order to wear you down and leave you destitute.

4. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh the troubles I've had finding a decent between-lives travel agent! :melodramatic:

This life, I ended up signing a damn staff contract for some fake outfit called scientology. They were waffling on about getting really good deals on true freedom...and I believed them! :omg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf15HrUZ5Wk

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  5. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I've been here too long. That actually made sense to me.

6. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

and the great news is - there are only a few staff members left!! We will speak out for them!:happydance:

7. Gib

Gib Crusader

Hello, you lawyers over at the COS running things, jeepers, I always gotta fix things for you. You give point no. 3 as:

Let me fix it for yah:

8. FlunkYou

FlunkYou Patron with Honors

I need to run this new contract by my attorney Monique Yingling. :biggrin:

9. Gib

Gib Crusader

another one to fix for yah:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

10. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

My lawyer Dad used to say; "Non compus mentus!" I think you make a sound argument. anyone who would sign such a document is non compus mentus and thus legally incapable from being held to a contract.

Of course after a big win in session .....

11. ClearedSP

ClearedSP Patron with Honors

This could look mighty silly in court, since staff are required to disparage each other on a regular basis. If I were to add up every KR, every Job Endangerment Report, every Dev-T chit, every single disparaging statement I made about another staff member because it was policy and my job, and I was required to, I'd be looking at millions of dollars in damages, IF non-disparagement were really the CoS' policy.

I doubt that any judge is going to enforce harsh penalties against someone when the CoS overlooks thousands of other violations a month.

12. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

In RTC's proposed settlement agreement with Lerma, FACTnet, and Bob Penny, there was a line we literally gagged on....

A line that said "We agree that $cientology is a Religion"

Arnie Lerma
    "The only thing that always works in $cientology are its lawyers" 1995

13. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

Wow, they actually spelt it with a dollar sign in a legal document?

14. Gib

Gib Crusader

you never settled?

15. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

nope...

No, that is how I spell "it".

16. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

A comment on staff contracts:

http://scientologycelebrity.wordpre...us-going-down-into-lower-conditions/#comments

17. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Absolutely unbelievable!
    The Church of Scientology says they "fully support" the U.N.'s "Universal Declaration of Human Rights".
    Now, after violating most of the other Articles, they decided to destroy two more:
    The Church of Scientology is the most hypocritical group on the planet.

18. Actually I kind of like that they're being this upfront about it now. If back when I signed my contracts many moons ago THAT bullshit was in there I wouldn't have signed the damn thing. Might have left Co$ sooner rather than later. :yes: This means future people similar to younger me won't sign which is good! :happydance:

19. Gib

Gib Crusader

agreed.

and it's why scientology as a so called religion is only a so called religion because of the legal laws of the land,

otherwise, it's bullshit.

it's a multi faceted organization of legal, MLM, hypnotherapy, motivational, cult, etc.

20. Externally sure ...

Actually though I think scn (and by extension Hubbard) more clever and insidious than that, as well as subtly evil.

Since I left staff I returned to university and I've been studying various social sciences. I've noticed an egregious plagiarism of varied social sciences modalities as well as concepts out of engineering other hard sciences, various other religions and the more obvious things you mentioned.

Someday I'd like to get around to compiling it all in a book with the help of others in the sciences who'd have insight into why they think he'd taken those particular things. However as the Co$ is crumbling under the weight of it's own anti-humanitarian misdeeds on it's own and I don't think this would help speed that process so for now I'd rather work on finishing my new degrees and things based on art & science more beneficial for other people in the here and now.

But yes otherwise I agreed, though it's not just the organization's evils which are multifaceted but the "religion" [sarcastic quotes] itself.