ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

One of my finest hours in the S.laves O.rg

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Rmack, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I posted this under another thread in the LRH catagory, but I thought it might be of interest to some here. It's a real fond memory for me that I'm still proud of:

I remember one of my finest hours when I was in the S.laves O.rg when I pointed out a huge contradiction in logic;

I was told that I couldn't have libs (liberty; a day off) because my stats where down (statistic; number of exams given.) This entailed putting someone on the E-meter for a few seconds and observing the needle in your peripheral vision while looking at the person. The thing was, I had been posted as 'The Examiner' right out of the EPF (Estates Project Force; basically S.O. boot camp). Well, I think I expedited for a few days, or something, but the point is, I had very little tech training and virtually no auditing.

I was told that I'm responsible for my stat, however I couldn't solicit anyone for an exam even if I had a reason. As a matter of fact I wasn't to speak to anyone coming around for an exam, except to thank them, and tell them their needle was floating.

I was told by my senior I should just 'make it go right' and help get the org's stats up. I pointed out that If I was already so 'OT' that I could make something like that happen from sitting in a closet without talking, with very little training or auditing, why the fuck would I need Scientology in the first place?

She responded with some lame thought-stopping concept like 'stop nattering' or, 'no case on post'. Yeah, right.

The truth was; they just applied this narrow-minded stupid policy to everyone, whether it made since or not, because Laffy 'the Lips' Hubbard could never be wrong about anything!

I knew it was bullshit then, I just hung around because I thought they had some powerful secret info about how to operate outside your body. Turns out they don't. Less than the crudest of occult traditions out there.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. FlunkedForLaughing

FlunkedForLaughing Patron with Honors

You were thinking for yourself and asking questions right from the beginning. That's great. Usually that doesn't happen. Usually people get sucked in and become a "Scientology" version of themselves. (That's what happened to me) Their critical thinking shuts down and they just go along with everything, even when it's against policy. They use their creativity, whatever creativity they have left, to make Hubbards policies "work", because that's what you have to do when it doesn't work.

FFL

3. Rmack

I went along with it, too, ffl. If I did anything different, it might have been sort of knowing I had a bail-out option in the back of my mind that I kept active.

In other words; I never 'totally' made up my mind. I always left the 'yeah, but, what if ' option open, you know?

I was willing to go along for the ride as long as it was working. When the no pay and beans and rice hit, I knew I had made a mistake. Perhaps some don't realize that right away. I think Laffy did this on purpose to isolate the hard core ronbots, and consolidate his most fanatical followers, and that this is now inviolate policy with his deluded inheritors.

Who could make this shit up?:confused2:

4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Rmack,

You went from the Riverside Mission to the Sea Org?
    How did that happen? Just curious.
    (If you have already told that story just give me a link.)

5. Rmack

Yeah, I've covered all that in previous posts, but it would be a big job hunting them down. Knock yourself out reading them yourself.

6. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

I love how in Scn you're responsible for a stat that you have virtually no control over.

I worked for a Scn and was paid on the stats. Well, I was finance, I had absolutely NO control over the reg area to get the stats up. I finally went to the owner and told him it was bullshit that I get paid this way. I got him to agree to pay me on an hourly basis with some sort of "incentive".

But before that, if the reg (sales person) was at lunch, I'd reg any phone calls that came in. LOL!!! I was getting the stats up so I could make more money.

7. Out-Ethics

Out-Ethics Patron Meritorious

Anybody who is in Scientology knows that you are responsible for stats anytime anywhere. Another peeve hate of mind is the holidays. Orgs had to keep going no matter what even if it is X-mas or Thanksgiving. Never mind respecting the customs of the land. Staff not allowed to spend even a few hours with their families because they must work because god forbid the planet doesn't get cleared. What a bunch of crap. Talk about another brilliant out-PR move.

8. Kathy (ImOut)

We all know "clearing the planet" was for more important than stupid wog holidays. Because we all knew that the planet would be "cleared" in that one holiday. LOL!!!!

9. minnie

minnie Patron with Honors

Oh my god, you just reminded me in one fell swoop of all those impossible postulates we had to go for in terms of clearing geographical zones - looking back none of those grandiose postulates ever came off. Not one. Not even close.

In fact, it has not happened in any single geographical zone in 60 years. Not even in a little village...or street...:melodramatic:

I think I've found the WHY. They've been thinking BIG. Thus the handling is to think SMALL!

10. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

It would help my understanding of where this fits in with the overall scene, if you would please give the time period and location where this occurred. Of course, I don't expect you to break personal security, if that is important.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
    I am *not* anonymous.

11. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Yeah! :eyeroll: Oh GOD, can't believe I subscribed to that for sooooo long. :melodramatic:

12. Kathy (ImOut)

For all the years I was in, I never bought the line "we'll clear the planet". Especially after psych drugs got so "popular". Isn't about 1/2 the population an "illegal PC"?

13. uncle sam

uncle sam Silver Meritorious Patron

Well then-if 1/2 of the earth's population is illegal--clearing the planet should be pretty darn easy as it requires only 1/2 the work.Hip hip hooray--I gotta go throw up!

14. Kathy (ImOut)

Another piece of information I didn't get while in. I didn't know it was 1/2 the population or planet. I thought it meant everybody. Well, OK, let's do the math problem.

1/2 population is illegal.
    Then let's say the 1/2 that isn't, is made up of 1/4 that is some other religion and just not interested in Scn. Then take 1/10th that is anonymous (I like to think big). Lost my thought process here - never been good with word problems. LOL!!!

Anyway, my point is - It still can't be done. The CofS can never, could never and never will clear the planet. It's a big fat lie to get people to join the SO. Ain't never gonna happen. Besides, I thought we all already agreed there isn't one f'ing clear as it is, since no one fits the description of the definition.

15. uncle sam

uncle sam Silver Meritorious Patron

Dear Kathy-

You bring up a good and valid point="Clear"- no one is actually clear-take me for example-I'm foggy but I got a piece of paper that says that I am clear-no way! But-setting aside this technical matter- is there enough money in the financial world available for 3 billion people to pay for all the services that are required?

16. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

double post - deleted

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  17. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hey minnie, very cool post to think 'minnie' rather than maxi!

Fascinating, as you say, that not even one little street has been cleared yet. But....

There is one virtually "cleared" area we should not forget about. It is the closest thing to an in-tech, in-ethics, in-admin Ideal Scene. It's that very special, super-theta environment where the highest level Scientologists in the world live and work. It's totally cleared of any unethical counter-intention or other-intention that would prevent human rights abuses & physical beatings.

Welcome to the Int Management Headquarters, the mecca of technical enturbulation.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  18. Kathy (ImOut)

I tossed my piece of paper that said I was "Clear".

Sure there's enough money if Obama keeps having it printed. I just haven't gotten my share of what's been printed. :melodramatic:

19. FlunkedForLaughing

FlunkedForLaughing Patron with Honors

The staff members must have been getting this question a lot, because what I was told was that not everyone needs to achieve the state of Clear to have a cleared planet. You see, there's this lecture where LRH says something about how we are all connected on a Theta level. When Scientology gets enough people to achieve Clear and OT, it will de-stimulate enough people and enough of the environment, to the point that eventually everyone on this planet will start acting Clear without officially being Clear. Then voila, we have a cleared planet. So every Scientologist needs to get to Clear and OT right now. The future of this planet is depending on you.

Alrightythen, any more questions? Hmmmm? :D

FFL

20. Rmack

This would have to have been sometime in 1980 at ASHO day at big blue in Hollywood.