ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

OPENING PANDORA'S BOX Part One:

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Alan, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Gordon was one of the first 'old timers' I met on usenet as 'Celtic Druid' and, I appreciate that Alan sometimes keeps us up to date as to his well being.

I'm not sure Gordon *wants* much more info out. But, he's very into sacred geometry and rolling his own cigarettes (or was). So, if no more info is available, I can accept that it's because Gordon doesn't want it to be. Rotten scumbag.

Oh, and, he plays didgeridoo

Zinj

2. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

:D

To know Gordon is to love him and celebrate life with him! :)

I've written a fair bit about Gordon - just do Search -GORDON BELL

He is one of my oldest and dearest of friends.

http://www.fubar.com/user/335088

His nick is ChapelTibet.

Alan

3. uncle sam

uncle sam Silver Meritorious Patron

Alan--any friend of.......

Thank you very much!
    Out of "curiousness" -could you kindly tell me of what you know about: when Gordon was with Mary Lou-there were 2 children who took Bell as their last name-one a female named Lauren and a male named David-any info on these 2 would be appreciated. One more question; I'm half Texan [the better half] and spent many summers on a ranch in Haskell County--where are you located in Texas? Oh-one more question-do you ride and own any horses? Again-thank you.

4. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Hey, I felt somebody talking about me behind my harddrive, and I found you!

I think I'm still alive and have no idea what "well" is. Something to do with oil drilling?

It's not me you should be looking for, but Pandora. What a box!

WhoTF am I talking about? Oh me. I'm the Gordon Bell you have been slandering. :)

Love you all. Nice to have tracked you down in classical OSA style--no, OSA is too much fail--in my style.

:thumbsup:

5. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

A great big Texas style welcome!

Glad to have you Mystic/Gordon/whatever...:yes:

To paraphrase what Willie Nelson was reputed to tell his band during a moment of affluence and success: "Stick with us and you'll wear hoss turds big as diamonds!" :coolwink:

Mike, the EP's ER

6. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Could it be? :omg:

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Wunderbar! :happydance:
    Perhaps we'll find out more about "What's in the box?".
    Welcome, Gordon!

8. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Hello Gordon Bell. :wave: Welcome to ESMB.

(gosh I hope it's really him)

9. Zinjifar

Now ESMB is nearly complete...

Only 10 million exes left to go...

Zinj

10. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Alan

Thanks so much for your explanation of the evolution of the tech in the 60's. This provides me with new insight to the "tech", so thanks.

When you pointed out the source of the study tech it made a lot of sense. As a good Scientologist, one assumes everything comes from source. As an ex, I'm not so sure. The study tech seemed to simply fall from the sky. Prior to the tapes, I didn't see any lead-in to the discoveries which overnight became the trademark of all Scio study. You point out that these and other critical tools (repetitive processes, BPC, indicators and correction lists) were part of a group effort. This is never acknowledged by LRH.

It's as though KSW marked a highpoint. After that, LRH seemed to turn mean, dogmatic. I think he was always a bit greedy and certainly a textbook narcisist. It's strange to compare the pre-KSW group with the SO. Getting people to work under a great deal of duress now seems characterize the movement. True research and discovery are totally off the table.

What Hubbard seemed to miss was that many of us sincerely wanted the benefits of auditing and training and didn't need the high pressure that characterizes Scientology. We willingly gave up money and time and careers to partake. We had wins. We saw our lives improve. The regging and other pressure just drove people away.

LRH should have asked why we were really leaving in droves. It was the totalitarian society, it was the brutal nature of management, it was a lack of love, care and compassion, it was the ridiculous pricing increases, it was the focus on income over quality delivery, it was the failure on LRH's part to admit the unworkability of the admin tech. It was LRH's inability to manage. Hubbard would only tolerate being a dictator; but couldn't tolerate honest criticism from a true managerial team. It's ironic that Hubbard wrote so much about leading and leaders when his style was like that of a king, insulated from the searing truth of his fallibility.

Anyway, Alan, the posts are great and I'm looking forward to more.

11. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Druid!!! Baby! Is that you!!!!

:dancer:

12. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

He wasn't too bad on the sax either.

Although he was a little (a lot) annoying when he decided to use it as an alarm clock in the 1820 19th st. NW, staff quarters.

13. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Ja ja. Tis really me..I think; I've not looked in the mirror in several hours so I'm not sure.

And pardon my nOOBieness as this is the first forum in which I've ever posted so I don't know all the 'how tos" yet. HowTF do you get those cute pics as part of your nick?

I have dropped into Undernet #altreligionscientology a few time and many of the old nicks are in there. Since the Anonymous crowd has joined the game the giggle level has increased markedly.

Oh wait a fugg'n minute, Emma! Yes, I know you. Emma the Aussie?

Besides Zinnie and Alan the Walter I don't see any other names I recognize. Who are you hiding behind those nicknames?

:party:

14. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

User-names are the new black, we change identity as often as we change underwear (more often in some cases!)
    You'd know many here, Gordon, ignore their disguises.

15. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

Top of the board - "User CP" = User Control Panel. make your Sig in there.

I do not know you, but the folks I respect know you, so friend of a friend. Welcome.

16. nozeno

I gave you a clue about who I was in the previous post where I talked about you abusing the saxophone.

I thought it might be you G Bennett, but I was thrown off a little when I saw you still lusting over Pandora. You're getting a little long in the tooth for that aren't you? Aren't we all? Ha Ha! Better be careful or Donnie will come back and kick your ass.

I'll give you another clue about who I am. You married me and the 1st wife on the steps of FCDC, 1812.

I believe I can remember the first time you put on the ministers garb. You seemed quite delighted, sort of like a kid putting on a Halloween costume. You were really smitten with that funny looking cross as I recall.

PM me and I'll tell you who I am after I sec check you. I'll also tell you how to get the pretty pictures. I'm pretty good with pictures.

This is what I look like now.

[​IMG]

17. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

Mystic,

I'm "Sneakster" or "SneakyB" on that IRC Channel. :coolwink:

I stopped reading or posting to ARS newsgroup long ago. :no:

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
    I am *not* anonymous

18. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Yes it's me! Emma the Aussie.

How the hell have you been?

19. nozeno

Gordon

By the way G, PM is not PMS without the "S".

I missed most of that ARS stuff because I was busy working so I don't know if they had PM's or Private Messages over there.

You can do that shizit at the top of the page here:

[​IMG]

20. Zinjifar

[​IMG]

You could use this one till you find a pink llama :)

Zinj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.