ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Operation I'm Spartacus

Discussion in 'Pickets & Protests General' started by lionheart, May 13, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

A fantastic action is being carried out by "Theta Omega" and "Anonyunderpants" in particular on enturbulation.org

This could bring down the CofS!:D

Any ex in UK or Europe can repeat these actions, as regards themselves.

Anonyunderpants is a tremendous person. Please read and support these guys in their action against Fair Game and OSA

The original thread:
    http://forums.enturbulation.org/26-think-tank/euro-folks-data-protection-laws-lulz-7983/

If you are short of time you can catch up by only reading the newer thread:
    http://forums.enturbulation.org/12-current-projects/operation-data-protection-shield-13606/

If you have enough time, please read both threads, this is way too important and big to be ignored.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I read both threads and posted a comment on Enturb.org. Interesting stuff for EU people, as it looks like the CofS would be violating the provisions of the Data Protection Act all over the place just by their standard actions. Needs further study by me. :)

Paul

3. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

I was unclear as to whether this act covered not computer/electronic data?

And why would anyone call themselves Dickdoll?

I can understand scientology, but not the British.

:)

alex

4. Dulloldfart

I didn't put a great deal of thought into it. I noted the general theme of user names there and decided on a variation of rickroll: aickaoll; bickboll; cickcoll; dickdoll! Eureka. :)

Paul

5. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Would this apply to pc folders as well?

6. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Er, understanding the British is the ability gained of OTXV.

7. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

It would include PC folders, ethics files, PI investigations, picket photos, knowledge reports, O/W write-ups, OSA files, etc. like Paul says it would include many of their standard actions.

More news will follow.

8. Dulloldfart

Don't forget the recruitment file and personnel file if staff; CF file; addresso plate (or whatever); income file; disbursements file if creditor; payroll file if staff; student file; certs and awards file; FSM file. And these files often don't sit in good order in filing cabinets but non-alphabetically in dusty, pulled-apart, water-damaged boxes that no-one has looked in for years. Anyone gone looking for old pc folders?

When there was some legal flap at Saint Hill and an old CF or Ethics folder HAD to be found from the Dead Files, which were kept in the attic above the reg office in the corner turret of the castle, it was a huge deal to get up there and sort through the piles of cobwebbed stuff.

It was considered an overt to throw records away.

Heh.

Paul

9. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

This is wonderful news Lionheart, this is just what's needed for them to realize that Anon etc are not going to go away. Also, I remember getting payslips now and again that showed a few pound was going towards paying our 'stamps'. But what happened to the months and years where we didn't get any pay, was our 'stamps' paid then? It could look like we never worked there. But this is great news, thanks for keeping us posted. :thumbsup:

10. Daedle

Daedle Patron

Hi guys,

I'm Anonyunderpants on enturbulation.

Lionheart, you do make me blush... :blush:

I was waiting to see the outcome of my request before letting you all know about it, but it looks like they're breaching the DPA left right and centre :)

The DPA will of COURSE cover your audit files or whatever you call em (I aint an ex sorry). If you request them and Scientology refuses to release them to you then send the info commissioner in. Don't stop complaining until you get everything that they hold on you and you will eventually get it all. Due to their complete and utter anarchy inside, they will NOT be on the good terms with the info commissioner.

Of course they don't have a good reason to hold such data and it is grossly excessive data (and we're not just talking the issue with my passport and such - this is literally your life story) and hey hey, complain to the info commissioner again.

Also note that the info commissioner will accept anonymous tips as well so if you think they're breaching any DPA principles (not neccesarily things like subject requests, but holding excessive data and transferring it outside the EU) then feel free to send them a quick letter :)

Cheers guys

11. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Welcome to you Daedle! I read your report on Enturbulation and am very interested to see what happens next.
    Well done!

12. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Wow, and all financial transactions regarding that person. This could gridlock em.

13. byte301

byte301 Crusader

We don't have this option in the US, right?

Can you imagine if say even 15 people did this to one org all at the same time? hahahaha They would be so screwed!

14. Daedle

Daedle Patron

They've fallen over with 2 people :eyeroll: They missed the deadline for me and still haven't replied to Theta Omega...

Unfortunately this doesn't apply in the US directly as DPA. Might be worth looking up any similar laws...

15. asagai

asagai Patron Meritorious

In case anybody hasn't realised it, if the CofS falls foul of the Data Protection Act, the Information Commisioner has the power to forbid them to hold any data on anybody in the UK! This could also spread to the whole of the EU.

That would mean the CofS couldn't write PC folders, keep O/W write-ups, knowledge reports, OSA files and all the rest on anybody! And you could demand that they cease using and destroy any files that you have reason to believe they have on you.

The Information Commissioner has the power to carry out unannounced police raids on the orgs and demand files that they believe the CofS are holding.

So as well as staff time being gobbled up hunting down old records on inactive former members, they could be prevented from holding any data on anybody!

This is how big this potentially is. The DPA can even be used to stop them from fair-gaming any UK critic or running an op on them. If you PM me I'll tell you how you can do this.

The anons on anonyunderpants' enturbulation.org thread are looking at demanding the photo evidence the CofS have on them at the pickets. But the ramifications if ex-scns do this are huge, as regards the data the CofS keep on us.

I am in PM touch with a few exes on here about this. Any other UK ex-scns, please PM me if you are interested.

Anonyunderpants is doing a great job. The knowledge and info we have as ex-Scns as to how the Church operates takes this to a whole other level that the man with unidentifed underwear could never reach.

Anonyunderpants, take a bow! :clap: :clap: :clap:

16. Daedle

Daedle Patron

No need to bow - this actually quite fun for me! I'm also looking into child cruelty and money laundering on the side.

I've come across something else which may seriously hinder their operations and communication between the UK & US even further. I need a well spoken US ex to PM me please. I don't think there's any danger of being *discovered* but I need someone to do a little recon and weigh in with government agencies.

17. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Hey Daedle! You are doing a great job.

Welcome to ESMB! :happydance:

18. asagai

asagai Patron Meritorious

Can anyone in the US give me some info.

If I were wanting to track down the CofS on a register of organisations, what should I look for? Which name would the overall organisation go under for a US business register? Which state would they be registered in?

Thanks for any help that you can give.

19. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Each individual org is registered as a corporation by itself, with a backup corporation registered in advance in case of problems. So start with the state dept of corporations in the state the org is located. Usually a search in their database for Church of Scientology will be fruitfull.

(in the US corporations are state entities, not federal.)

alex

20. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Hi Unerpants :whistling: welcome to our forum! You're doing such a great job there and if you need any sort of info, or if there's anyway I can help just PM me.. Warmest.. Pix :yes: