ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

People Who Left Scientology Before Marty Rathbun Did

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by Alanzo, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Those were the days.

Raids by federal marshalls into your home, and hauling away your computer.

Marijuana planted on your porch so the cops would find it right before you testified as an expert witness in the Lisa McPherson Trial.

Being run off the road and attempted to be murdered.

Having written "Tom Cruise Missiles" as a joke on the Internet and having it turned into a violent threat that "interferes with a religion", sending you to jail.

Having PIs going through your trash, breaking in to your apartment, intimidating your employer, and getting fired.

Having your family destroyed through disconnection.

All coordinated and CSWed by Marty Rathbun.

For doing exactly the same thing that Marty Rathbun is doing now - writing stuff on the Internet.

Those were the days, weren't they?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

The criminal mind.

3. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Mystic is a person who left Scientology before Marty Rathbun did.

Wasn't Marty Rathbun in diapers when you left Scientology?

4. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Oh, gawd, would someone please go over to Marty's blog and ask him to come over here and say something dismissive to Alanzo. Poor Alanzo is so miserable.

Alanzo, wie gehts? Tut es sehr weh? Hast du ins barbara shwartz geandert?

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Gerry Armstrong - Someone Who Left Scn Before Marty Rathbun

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21687/scientology-gerry-armstrong

The first time I met Gerry Armstrong, I thought he was paranoid. I’d driven down from Vancouver, summer 2007, into the verdant Fraser Valley to Chilliwack, BC, a somnolent, wind-blown town surrounded by jagged mountain ranges. A place as far removed from Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Scientology’s loopiness as one can possibly get. Armstrong and his third wife Caroline live in a walk-up, one-bedroom apartment above a tiny strip mall that’s seen better days.

When I arrived, Armstrong suggested we drive to a nearby park, rather than talk in their apartment. It was a beautiful July day and, except for a couple of stoners milling about out of earshot, the three of us were alone on the manicured grass beside a pond. Now sixty-one, Armstrong is an alarmingly small man, with elfin features, a beaky nose, sallow skin and large limpid blue eyes. The baseball cap he wore to ward off the hot sun made him look even more vulnerable. Amiable, soft-spoken with no trace of aggression, he chose his words with deliberation. Caroline seemed protective of him.

Armstrong’s wariness toward me stemmed from his concern that I might very well be a Scientologist on a spying expedition. This has happened before. Four years ago, a middle-aged man showed up in Chilliwack, rented a storefront across the street from their apartment and tried to ingratiate himself into their lives. He was there for a year and a half before Armstrong and his wife finally figured out that he’d been sent by the Church of Scientology to keep an eye on them. When they confronted him, he said “You turned the tables on me,” and bolted. “And in the middle of the night he disappeared from the office space,” Armstrong told me.

Armstrong finally began to tell me fragments of stories about being relentlessly harassed by the church, pursued by its private investigators, run off the road, targeted in elaborate sting operations, slandered at every turn by what he calls “Black PR” and “dead agent packages” and stalked through the US courts. In fact, since last fall, a California court order has been reinstated, demanding that he be remanded to a state jail and pay Scientology $500,000 US for breaking a confidentiality agreement he signed with the church twenty- one years ago. Hence his exile in Chilliwack.

Why has the Church of Scientology spent nearly three decades trying to discredit and silence this unemployed, penniless man living on a disability pension in the middle of nowhere in British Columbia?

Because of what he knows. Armstrong not only worked very closely with the church’s founder, the former pulp sci-fi writer L. Ron Hubbard, but was sanctioned by Hubbard to compile a massive archive of documents detailing all aspects of Hubbard’s life. Armstrong understands more about Hubbard’s true identity and history than just about anyone alive. For Scientologists, it’s like Armstrong has spent time with Jesus or Mohammed or Moses. The only problem is, Armstrong does not worship Hubbard. Quite the opposite. As the myth of Hubbard has grown, however, the existence of people like Armstrong has become a problem. His experience attests to inconvenient truths about the messianic figure. After all, what Gerry Armstrong saw and learned convinced him that Hubbard was a fraud.

“Gerry poses a threat because he has knowledge of L. Ron Hubbard that few if any other outside critics hold,” explains Stephen Kent, a professor of sociology at the University of Alberta and a world-leading expert on Scientology. “He was working with exclusive documents—documents of Hubbard’s childhood and teenage years. Armstrong interviewed Hubbard’s relatives, so he had an in-depth knowledge of Hubbard the person and how Hubbard’s biography developed over time. For a person with that kind of knowledge to say that what the organization portrays about its founder is false, distorted or misleading—that’s a terrible threat.”
    - Source: Bruce Livesey, Scientology’s Holy War, MaisonNueve, Canada, June 23, 2008

6. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Messiah Marty's Mentoring - A Chronology:

Yesterday: "...writing stuff"

Today: "...authoring philosophy"

Tomorrow (as described by minister-collar-wearing Shackologist testifying in court): "...religious scripture"

7. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Senator Alanzo will now fillibuster all night long ....

Ah, it's gonna be an all-night fillibuster. Somebody tell the pages to make fresh coffee. Someone call the Washington Post and the Senate photographer.

Open the galleries. Notify the junior senators who've never seen this before. This could be good.

Senator Alanzo is going to speak all night extemporaneously, quoting occasionally from the Internet.

"Mah fellow Markins! ...."

8. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Robert Vaughn Young - Someone Who Left Scn Before Marty Rathbun Did

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Vaughn_Young

http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/Robert_Vaughn_Young.html

9. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

So these whistleblowers, these people who stood up and blew the whistle on the Church of Scientology while it was committing even worse human rights abuses while Marty was there, do not matter to you.

Understood, TG1.

There's plenty more people who have stood up to the Church of Scientology - and even David Miscavige - than Marty Rathbun.

And there are plenty of people who Marty Rathbun has treated WORSE than even David Miscavige has treated him.

What's wrong with learning about them?

Why don't you like that?

10. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Don't dislike it, Alanzo - I think this is going to be good. I'm really getting into it, actually.

I'll go round up some folks in Chat to come down here on the floor and listen if you wish.

You just looked like you were getting worked up for a long night of explication, and I was trying to provide some applause for you.

11. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Sounds good, buddy!

Keep it up!

12. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Stacy Brooks Left Scientology Before Marty Rathbun Did

http://www.sptimes.com/News/010600/NorthPinellas/Scientology_foe_sets_.shtml

13. Wouldn't it be easier to create a thread to see if any people did not think Marty is a douchebag?

14. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Too few posts. Not enough controversy.

Come on!

I'm targeting all the Marty loyalists out there who are ignorant of why I am such an asshole all the time.

I might be an asshole - but there is a reason for it!

I swear!

15. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Still Karma

I believe Marty is just reaping what he has sown. I have heard a comment that some or even most of us here cannot fathom the degree of risk that Marty is taking, risk to himself, his family, his friends and neighbours. :confused2:

Is this some kind of delusional joke? Marty was at the helm of all kinds of activities similar in nature, from the stories I've read. He is receiving what he dolled out; to bad for him. No pity from me; the universe will equalize his former actions against the critics and protesters of the cult. As indoctrinated and programmed as he was or is, he still has a free will, however buried it may be. Even the insane must face criminal charges for their actions, even if it means locking them up and away from the human race until they regain, if ever, their sanity. :confused2:

16. I don't think you're an asshole,

anyone who exposes Marty for the douchebag that he really is ... is okay in my book.

Marty is just looking to take advantage of more victims in his kinder and gentler mindfuck cult.

17. The Great Zorg

The Great Zorg Gold Meritorious Patron

Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing...

^^^
    This! :yes:

18. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Applause! Keep it goin!

Keep it goin!

Who else left the church before Martie?

19. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I know who left the church before Marty!

LRH!

And Mary Sue!

And Quentin!

And Suzette!

And Emma!

And you!

And Myssy!

And Uniquemand!

And AnonKat ... no, wait, he wasn't in ....

And Roger B!

And EP!

And Anonycat ... wait, she wasn't in either ....

And Mayo!

And Bill Franks!

And Me! Right, me!!!

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

My god.

I think this might be the most caring, loving thing you have ever written to me, or to anyone.

What? Are you some kind of wuss now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.