What's new

'Phil' at St Hill - July 2012

another

Patron
Hi again

I've had an interesting discussion with a man called 'Phil' at St. Hill. Unfortunately he didn't give me his surname or job title or job description.

If anyone could help with this information it would be a great help to me. I think he's quite high up at St Hill because he spoke with more authority than some of the other people who didn't have answers to my questions.

Thanks.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
In person or over the phone? Got any more description for him? Young? Old? English? American? Etc.

Paul

another

Patron
I think the question would need to be a whole new thread and I'm still trying to get my head round 'Regs' and 'Chaplains' job descriptions at the moment.

I will most likely post the question and his answer - (I'd really like to hear peoples' opinions on it) but first I'd just like to find out Phil's full name and in what 'professional' capacity of authority he made the statement to me: - what he said was seemingly a definitive statement on 'Church' policy rather than just an answer to a question.

Other scientologists I spoke to didn't hold the same view or weren't able to make the same statement it seems. They told me to call back, or they said they couldn't comment or they suggested books I should perhaps read by L Ron Hubbard.

Phil seemed to be the authority on the subject.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
what he said was seemingly a definitive statement on 'Church' policy rather than just an answer to a question.

Church policy, at least that which is quoted to the public, is to be found pretty much all published in bound volumes. There are quite a few CofS veterans here who know lots of it very well. Those volumes are even to be found online in various places.

It is not necessary to rely on one person's hearsay as to what CofS policy usually is with regard to something.

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi again

I've had an interesting discussion with a man called 'Phil' at St. Hill. Unfortunately he didn't give me his surname or job title or job description.

If anyone could help with this information it would be a great help to me. I think he's quite high up at St Hill because he spoke with more authority than some of the other people who didn't have answers to my questions.

Thanks.

Sounds like Philip Harbour. He is the DSA (Director of Special Affairs?) at St Hill. Basically OSA-bot embedded within the org and responsible for dealing with ‘external’ stuff such as legal threats, media requests etc.

Could you give us some more context about your enquiry? I have loads of stuff specific to St Hill as I was a staff member there and then a public Scn for over 20 years.

Let me know what you want to know.

Axiom142

another

Patron
Thanks.

I do understand that what I've being told by scientology staff has an agenda and apparently is not straight forward (although most of them came across as a bit confused).

Phil seemed less confused in that he had a monotone, relentless voice that created a grey wall of sound. And he made more definite statements which was useful.

So if it is Phil Harbour and he's Director of Special Affairs at Scientology HQ St Hill, can anyone tell me in muggle: - what does that entail on a day to day basis and who is above him in the organisation if anyone?

How long has he been in that job? In scientology?

If people don't mind I'm just trying to get a view from people here of certain scientology staff posts - I don't want to confuse this with too much other information for the time being if that's ok. I'll get round to other stuff eventually.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
In Muggle, you ask? OK!

There once was a man named Just Phil
He works out of OSA, Saint Hill
His 'job', as you call it, is "stop it or stall it"
His purpose is, "Make them keep still."

another

Patron
In Muggle, you ask? OK!

There once was a man named Just Phil
He works out of OSA, Saint Hill
His 'job', as you call it, is "stop it or stall it"
His purpose is, "Make them keep still."

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Very good! thank you.

Can anyone tell me - how would someone in Phil's job go about stopping, stalling or making people keep still?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Very good! thank you.

Can anyone tell me - how would someone in Phil's job go about stopping, stalling or making people keep still?

Lol ... if this is the right person (and it would make sense if reception put you through to him) he is a member of "OSA" (Office of Special Affairs) which is doublespeak for the heavy security guards/thugs and wannabee 007 candidates.

:coolwink:

They are the "intelligence" of scientology and in all fairness they usually are a lot brighter and more able to answer a question then any other staff (ie the staff in the delivery organisations who never get involved in any potential drama).

They (OSA) are there to defend and protect scientology and will do whatever it takes to do so (via the many policy's written for the purpose) ... hence the 'stop, stall, keep it still' thingy.

Needless to say in the last few years they have been unable to do their jobs due to anonymous, critics and the media who have been slaughtering the cofs on a regular basis.

:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

OSA is responsible for "external" things, like legal and PR. The regular staff just deal with internal things, like talking to Scientology (Scn) public, delivering services to them, extracting money from them. So, if a reporter, or the police, or childcare services arrive at the organization (org), then the OSA person would deal with them.

If OSA tells an org staff member to stop doing something because it is bad PR or illegal, they would obey. The CofS still does heaps of things which are bad PR or illegal, but that does not change my point.

Paul

another

Patron
Lol ... if this is the right person (and it would make sense if reception put you through to him) he is a member of "OSA" (Office of Special Affairs) which is doublespeak for the heavy security guards/thugs and wannabee 007 candidates.

:coolwink:

They are the "intelligence" of scientology and in all fairness they usually are a lot brighter and more able to answer a question then any other staff (ie the staff in the delivery organisations who never get involved in any potential drama).

They (OSA) are there to defend and protect scientology and will do whatever it takes to do so (via the many policy's written for the purpose) ... hence the 'stop, stall, keep it still' thingy.

Needless to say in the last few years they have been unable to do their jobs due to anonymous, critics and the media who have been slaughtering the cofs on a regular basis.

So if I wanted to look at specific written policy letters or documents written by L Ron Hubbard that Phil Harbour would follow in his job as Director of Special Affairs / OSA at Scientology UK HQ St Hill where would I find those? Is there a resourse where they're all listed in one place or shall I just to just google and search?

Thanks.

(Also if anyone else would like to do poems or songs, performance art or paintings in response to any of my questions that would be lovely. Thank you.)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
So if I wanted to look at specific written policy letters or documents written by L Ron Hubbard that Phil Harbour would follow in his job as Director of Special Affairs / OSA at Scientology UK HQ St Hill where would I find those? Is there a resourse where they're all listed in one place or shall I just to just google and search?

Thanks.

(Also if anyone else would like to do poems or songs, performance art or paintings in response to any of my questions that would be lovely. Thank you.)

I've no idea where you would find those specific policy letters etc ... but someone will (Degraded being may know).

Many are 'confidential' within the cofs but loads of them have been leaked and will be available somewhere, give it 24 hours and if nobody has replied you can ask again eh?

Also if you do a search try "OSA" and perhaps try "Guardians Office" (GO) and Guardians Office Worldwide (GOWW) which are same thing but the predecessor, you could search right here for a start.

Or ask Mike Rinder, you never know, he may help (contact him via Marty Rathbuns blog).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rinder

another

Patron
I'll do all of that - thanks.

So the questions that remain are

Does anyone know how long Phil Harbour has had the job of Director of Special Affairs at Scientology HQ St Hill?

What jobs in Scientology did he have before that post?

What OT level is he?

How long has he been on Scientology Staff?

Thanks

poppy

Patron
Phil Harbour joined the Sea Org in around 1992, he started off in accounts and then after a couple of years he was 'promoted' to OSA. He was young, late teens/early twenties when he joined & quite new to Scn then. He was really nice 20 years ago. I had some dealings with him about 6 years ago & he's very much an OSA man now - although I saw a glimmer of a conscience in him.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another, I can answer quite a few questions regarding staff and jobs at St Hill as I was a regular there for over 20 years.

But, can I ask why you are interested in these things specifically, rather than just asking about Scientology in a general sense?

For example, I had some dealings with 'Phil' over the past few years.

You can PM me if you don’t want to discuss it out in public.

No biggie, it’s just that I am curious.

Axiom142