ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Pilot's Self Clearing (revised)

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by Antony A Phillips, Dec 7, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. The Pilot (Ken Ogger) revised his book, Self Clearing and copyrighted it in 2004. I don't know if there are other additions, but he has added to the section on Protest. (I have not checked the two versions against each other in detail)

The revision was intended to be given out as a book (if you go into what has been called a book shop, you will see what I mean, you 21st century enthusiasts :) ). He intended that it should not be obviously connected to Scientology, so in the revision the word Scientology does not appear.

The book is in manuscript form, and is available as a down load until December 2009.

I have found there are a limited number of people who are willing to work regularly, week by week and sometimes daily, alone on self help drills, such as TROM or Self Clearing. Personally I think Self Clearing is superior, and contains many of the important so called "lower level" Scientology oriented processes. Doing it, you nibble at your case from many different angles (the Pilot recommends going through the book twice - what does not bite the first time, may when other charge has been removed)

I feel that the Pilot has done a very good job explaining how to do the drills, but as I have a somewhat different view than most (based on 55 years contact with Scientology philosophy and technology), I may be wrong, and there may need additional help.

I have therefore set up an Internet list for just this purpose. Get more details by going to:
    http://lists.worldtrans.org/mailman/listinfo/selfclearing2004

The Archive (one item at the moment) is public, and the list will be moderated, to keep it strictly to successes and help concerning Self Clearing.

My experience is that there are some (perhaps not many) that have been so abused in auditing, that the very presence of an auditor makes them virtually unauditable. Here is a way out for those who have been abused so badly - do it yourself (with a hidden Antony at the other end of the world to give a helping communication if needed).

There are those who would like to give Self Clearing to a friend, but the friend does not want visitors to casually pick up a book, with the dreaded word "Scientology" in it. Now they can, with out the fear of broken friendships

There are those who would like some basic auditing, but there is no auditor near. Take a look at this!

There are those with an odd sort of hole in their pocket or purse, so that money rolls out before there is enough there to satisfy an auditor. This is free.

I consider that those who will "grind away alone" at self betterment drills, despite all the other activities in our modern world to be amongst the able.
    I have a desire (or compulsion, maybe) to help make the able more able.

Therefore this furtherance of the Pilot's work and intention.

All best wishes,

Ant.

P.S. Think over whether you know some one not on this list who would be interested .

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I did about 230 hours of this in 2000. I consider it was time well spent.

Paul

3. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

4. Vaan

Vaan New Member

anyone else try this out? I'm thinking about finishing the basics, while doing these processes.

5. rich

rich Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Antony. You look good to me even as scragely as you look. I always wondered what you looked like until I recently saw you on video. You are the epitomy of freedom to me. Ivy really helped me.

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  6. Dulloldfart

I did about 240 hours from the Self-Clearing manual in 2000. It went fine, seemed beneficial. Mostly like picking up the stuff missed on the Grades or accumulated in the 25 years after I did them. I was kinda annoyed in the CofS that I could never ever again do any Grades processes because I had "done them already," so I was happy to get my wish fulfilled finally.

Paul

P.S. I see I already answered this question so am not an "else." Oh well. :)

7. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Based on the Pilot's final EP -- he killed himself-- I do not recommend this.

8. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I've done about 50 hours of self clearing from Pilot's book and I can recommend it. It's worth downloading just for the protest process, which is brilliant.

And you can't say with any degree of certainty that Pilot killed himself just because he was doing "self-clearing" anyway. Not only was he involved in researching far more heavily enturbulated case areas than are covered in self clearing (as he mentions in SuperScio), but he had powerful enemies who wanted to see him caved in.

What I would say though is that liike any kind of case work it probably needs to be balanced with work in other areas. Do some martial arts, gardening or something similarly grounding as well.

9. Dulloldfart

I found his Self-Clearing useful. I found his posts/articles about reforming the CofS useful. I found his master list of tapes and FZBA efforts useful. Past tense as I don't make use of any of these now, but at the time I appreciated them.

I found his SuperScio ridiculous in the main. Similarly his paranoia. I met him once on July 4, 2004 at Val's bash in LA and decided he was so full of himself I didn't want to talk to him beyond the one question I asked (could I take his photo?). And I highly doubt if his death was anything other than suicide.

Paul

10. Cat's Squirrel

Put yourself in Ken's position though. He was giving away tech and he not only agitated for the reform of the CofS but also set out a workable plan by which it could be achieved.

Both gave him a substantial following on ARS, but also meant that he couldn't have wanted for enemies at the end of the '90's.

Wouldn't a certain amount of "paranoia" be highly appropriate as a consequence?

You may be right about his bumptiousness and the ridiculousness of at least much of Super Scio though. I believe I said on here once that one look at the "Big Splitter" implant and its 108 legs is enough to have me scurrying back to Byron Katie, Eckhart Tolle et al. :nervous:

11. Dulloldfart

Possibly, but his paranoia? I'm not going to repeat his accusations here, but they're easy enough to find online.

Paul

12. Cat's Squirrel

Yeah, I've read that. If it was anyone other than the CofS I might say they were being ridiculous - but I wouldn't put that particular action past them (and Pilot said he blew charge when it indicated in auditing). So, who can say it didn't happen?

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

To which 'Pilot'-alleged incident are you referring? Stacy Moxon being hypnotized and then made to exteriorize and sent to the 'Pilot', where she (as a thetan), sexually blanketed the 'Pilot'; or the 'Pilot' being "SDHed" ("Sex-Drug-Hypnosis") by being anally impregnated while unconscious?

Or are there more?

IMO, the 'Pilot' was never a serious threat to Scientology, and wasn't regarded as much of a threat by Scientology.

The 'Pilot' did describe himself as a "positive fanatic for LRH tech" - Maybe that should provide a clue as to the actual origin of many of his (psychological) problems.

14. Cat's Squirrel

It was the one where he claimed he was anally raped while being drugged, and then implanted with destructive commands. I wasn't aware of the others.

The one reason I have for believing otherwise is Pilot's own claim that DM went crazy after being told by another Sea Orger that Pilot would do a better job than he was doing of running the CofS (something Pilot always maintained he wasn't interested in doing).

During Pilot's heyday (after the Self Clearing book came out) a lot of Churchies were reading his posts on ARS, and were aware of what he was about. Some may well have tacitly supported him even though they wouldn't have dared come out openly and say so at their local org.

Depends what you mean by "fanatic" I suppose. I think fanaticism is usually a denial mechanism for doubts you have about something, so it's never good.

Scn tech does work some of the time in my view, the trouble is that it doesn't work well enough or consistently enough to justify the enormous sacrifices the CofS asks of its parishioners in order to be able to access it. And even if it did, the CofS's behaviour would still be indefensible - in fact it's indefensible by any conceivable standard.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  15. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

We know that the coroner said it was suicide. We don't know if it was, or not, only the official statement. What I know of his state of mind is only from sporadic communication, and he seemed disorganized and different (worse, IMO) to me than he had in 1997-1998, and before, when he was writing the original versions of his books.

The reasons a person kills themselves can be legion. With a scientologist, who is convinced he is not going to die along with his body, they might view death as a release from pain and a chance to do things right next time, in their new, OT State. (I think this is fanciful, but people do have this attitude: why keep a cancerous body when you are OT VIII and can just grab a new one?) Ken had been very sick, and then in a coma. Comas, as you may understand, can alter your consciousness a tad.

Prior to his illness and coma, Ken was a very different kind of person.

I would definitely say that if you are going to do the exercises in his book, don't do them SOLO. NOT. Don't do it. Find a partner. Work with a partner. Have them give the instructions while you execute them. Solo can make people as crazy as bedbugs. I haven't seen the same from dual "auditing".

Ken may have had enemies that wanted him dead, but I, personally, believe that he was suffering from incomplete recovery from the coma he suffered. I don't know what medications he was under at the hospital and afterwards were, but opiates and paralytics can have very, very powerful effects on the mind, and frequently result in people being paranoid, delusional and sometimes suicidal. Comas have neurological effects that I am quite familiar with, and that Ken seemed to be "dramatizing" in his days after getting sick. I don't equate his mental dissolution with his books and ideas, though I do think he should not have been doing so much solo stuff. I consider solo the kiss of mental death.

16. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

So I should be dead. :)

I know some of Pilots friends and they considered it was suicide.

However he very early on was criticising DM. We now know DM takes this very seriously.

Pilot was essentially alone and vulnerable, in ways that Marty for example isn't.

He also had severe financial problems.

I have no answers, however I read all his achives of posts to
    ARS and ACT.

I recommend them for study.

17. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

No, Terril, you shouldn't be dead. I just consider solo a dangerous auditing method, without external checks and controls for "red tagging" or any other verification that you haven't triggered something and gone off the deep end, becoming "Commodore Park."

18. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I AM Commodore! You should know that after our last few pints. :)

19. So, anyone else have anything to say about his personal experience with the BOOK itself? Not Pilot's person etc.

20. As an update for this subject:

Pilot's "Self Clearing" book 2004 version can be found here:

http://selfclearing.com

There you can buy book in print in English (revision of 2004) or download it for free in English (v.2004), Russian (v.1999), Spanish (v.1999), Bulgarian (v.1999) and German is coming soon.

Also there is open to public "Self Clearing" forum for support and discussion of it at http://forum.selfclearing.com

"Self Clearing" email Internet group (http://lists.worldtrans.org/mailman/listinfo/selfclearing2004) mentioned by Antony Phillips on a first post is still there and kicking with more than 100 members since 2008. The group somewhat closed to public but have many veterans from old days and being big help for newcomers.

Best wishes for all of you!!!
    R.J.