ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Reason why Scientologists are so unreal

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Elronius of Marcabia, Nov 1, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. Elronius of Marcabia

Elronius of Marcabia Silver Meritorious Patron

I apologise if this already been covered but I just recently saw this youtube and thought
    it was spot on in explaining perhaps more to never ins what the hell are these people
    thinking :melodramatic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAWpyvqCO2I

2. Leon-2

Leon-2 Patron Meritorious

Yeah. The first ten minutes or so I admit to subscribing to myself - with bits not agreed to. But when he gets into the Tom Cruise and matrix shit, no that's not me.

Got to add though that the CofS has screwed it all up horribly.

3. Elronius of Marcabia

So you don't think the Matrix is a good analogy of how Scientologists see the world around them ?

I disagree I think Hubbard screwed it up horribly to begin with and what you see now was going to
    be unavoidable.

4. Elronius of Marcabia

I'd like to hear some other opnions on whether the Matrix is a good analogy on how
    Scios see the world around them ?

I have thought that for a longtime since i first saw the movie, after my wife and walked out
    of the movie we both had a sort oh shit moment that was Scientology:coolwink:

5. Leon-2

I don't think Tom Cruise is in any way a good representative of what Scio is about. The matrix - here and there it is an analogy but not entirely a good one at all.

6. Elronius of Marcabia

What would you say the here and there parts would be ?

7. Leon-2

No, I can't be bothered about tiny details here. The thread is not important enough.

8. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

I think Tom Cruise and David Miscavige are good representative of what Scio is about

Fake warriors \mankind saviors , playing in a fake war of a fake world featuring fake ennemies in fake bubble - wearing fake uniforms and fake humanitarian medals.

The only true genuine stuff are slaves, fundraising and destroyed pseudo-ennemies.

All of those beings, being Dr Hubtard toys!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  9. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Ahhhh, clarity! I have observed the same here on ESMB, often to the extreme disgruntlement of Indie Scientologists. And it's not just us saying it, let me take a moment to quote an internationally recognized scientist and philosopher:

"Scientology--that which grew externally from the soil was inexorably destined
    by that which was contained internally within Hubbard's originally planted seed."

- Don Hubbard -
    Noted vagrant and OH (Operating Hobo; see avatar)
    Bestselling author of: Fundamentals of Fraud
    Unheralded twin brother of Ron Hubbard

Yet, Scientologists and Indie Scientologists, upon discovering the poisonous fruit of Hubbard's tree, often want to pretend that someone must have somehow magically changed the seed's DNA after it had already taken root and begun the growing cycle.

HELPFUL TIP TO SCIENTOLOGISTS & INDIES WHO BOGGED DOWN STUDYING THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH: Clay demo the concept: "Apple trees grow from apple seeds"

Scientologists and Indie Scientologists all eventually eat the forbidden fruit[SUP]*[/SUP] in the Garden of E[STRIKE]den[/STRIKE]meters.

[SUP]

[/SUP] forbidden fruit: 1. Biblical reference from Genesis 2:16: "Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. The LORD God commanded the man, saying, 'From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die'." 2. (Scientology) The tree of the knowingness of greatest good and entheta. Scientologists were forbidden, by their God, to become enturbulated by partaking in this poisonous fruit or to look at the internet.

10. HelluvaHoax!

I couldn't agree more!

Why get DevT'd by "not important tiny details" when there is a planet to clear, on this planet!

:giggle:

11. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I also noticed the analogy for Scientology doctrine when I first saw The Matrix. There is no real universe. It is a construct made up of the collective discarded remnants of thetan's imaginations. Its a great argument for absolute moral relativism. At total cause one can control Matter Energy Space and Time because it is just a postulated reality.

But as far as the way the church behaves in real life I like Catch-22 better.

12. Elronius of Marcabia

Hubbard seem to think an apocalyptic background story to Scientology was more than tiny details and his
    KSW was a very important topic to the point of making it required reading at the beggining of every course
    a Scientologist ever takes.

But hey if it aint of interest to you thats cool :coolwink:

13. Elronius of Marcabia

14. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

lol In this lifetime :yes:

(''On this planet'' has become my favorite one - surpasses ''unprecedented order of magnitude''..)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  15. Elronius of Marcabia

16. HelluvaHoax!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

There could be an entire thread about Scientology Cliches--particularly, how Scientologists use them as a personal repair tool--to synthetically jack themselves up (in their own estimation) to stratospheric or even galactic heights of omniscience & omnipotence.

Status is everything to Scientologists. Scientologists--generally being far too lazy, delusional or avaricious--don't have the discipline and patience to achieve something status-worthy. Instead, they adorn themselves with cliches that create instant status and stolen glory, without doing anything whatsoever to deserve it.

That's why Tom Cruise received an entirely new medallion, the Freedom Medal of Valor, upon being declared the world's "Most Dedicated Scientologist".

Scientologists are so acclimated to using hyperbolic cliches, that even their ordinary speech about quite ordinary things becomes threaded with bizarre chest-thumping superlatives. Example: Some Scientologists are discussing where they go for their favorite hamburger. Billy Blowdown (an OT VIII) quickly asserts his triumphant game-winning entry (delivered with tone 40 certainty!): "Well, some of those places you people mentioned are pretty darn good, but my new restaurant, "Blowdown Burgers" has absolutely the best burgers on this planet" Scientologists (upon hearing the gravitas-inducing phrase "on this planet") would immediately & respectfully grow quiet, conceding that it must be true[SUP]1[/SUP].

[SUP]1[/SUP] REASON: Anyone capable of uttering "best burgers on this planet" must, necessarily, be extremely OT--or they would not have been capable of differentiating & assessing with so much certainty the comparison between earth burgers and burgers they tried while visiting other planets.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  17. HelluvaHoax!

PART II: Scientology "booster" cliches, designed to instantly boost one's self-esteem and status

In the early years of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard frequently used to steal the "validation" and "admiration" of gullible Scientologists by frequently ending sentences with "on this planet".

However, as Dr. Hubbard's OTness expanded in subsequent years to unprecedented orders of magnitude, "on this planet" was dreadfully insufficient. That's when he was forced to invent a newer, even better booster cliche:

"Scientology is the only game
    in the universe
    where where everyone wins."

Who the hell is going to beat that? I mean, in order to assert that, he must have traveled and researched all the planets, solar systems and galaxies in the entire universe, people!

Dr. Hubbard rocks!

18. Elronius of Marcabia

19. Leon-2

All of this mutual "Scio is so nutty" never-ending back-slapping that you guys indulge in is no better than public masturbating.

Get a life.

20. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Turn the mirror to yourself, Leon, and find out who is masturbating with Scientology.

[​IMG]