What's new

Rex Fowler Charged With 1st Degree Murder!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
"One thing I need is his briefcase," Jan Fowler said in the affidavit. "It was taken out of his office. It is important to me, my church, and it is religious material and I want it now!"

Detectives had not reviewed the briefcase yet, so they told her she could not have it.

"Even if you looked at it and read it, you would not understand anything in it. Because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant," she responded.

Yep, amazing isn't it?

Even with her Husband half dead and another person actually dead she still managed to "get her priorities right" ... and attempt to protect the cofs (her Tr's must have been out though).

:whistling:

Robotic, would be the word that comes to mind (amongst others).

:omg:

Ferals and Mrs P's data on the harassment they would have tolerated from the cofs make this story terribly sad and quite scary ...

Welcome BTW.

:eyeroll:

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Okay, here's my take

My take on this now is really going off the deep end:

Suppose you were on OTVII and being driven crazy?

You consider suicide as a way to protest what the church is doing to you, but what if you've heard about other suicides and how they all got swept under the rug? How can you contrive your suicide so that it can't be hidden or denied?

Wow, kill someone else first! What a brilliant, twisted, crazy idea! But you're already being driven crazy, remember, so it fits! Oh, and the victim has to be a non-Scientologist, or else it still might be hushed up by an agreement within the group not to say anything about it.

IF you wanted to go out in a manner that couldn't be swept under the rug, THIS would serve.

And poor Ciancio is PTS to Rex being PTS to the CoS. How's that for a bad stroke of luck?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'll be interested in these 'letters' and whether they're really with a female 'employee' or someone from the 'Church' and whether the 'don't trust' element has to do with the 'Church'.

And, the 'religious documents' in the briefcase could be interesting too.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was something like this that turned out to be the loose thread that finally unraveled the Scientology sweater?

Zinj

Mystic

Crusader
Ah the battles over the useless Hubbard-spewed information spewed into language and then spewed onto paper, with ink no less. Well, OK. I think we have seen here an iceberg-tip of the chaos which will magnify in time as the cult continues to die. This is a really ugly occurrence for all parties involved. My heart goes out to them. But! Methinks the inner happenings among the cultists is just going to get worse...and worse...and worse...and ....

Feral

Rogue male
I'll be interested in these 'letters' and whether they're really with a female 'employee' or someone from the 'Church' and whether the 'don't trust' element has to do with the 'Church'.

And, the 'religious documents' in the briefcase could be interesting too.

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was something like this that turned out to be the loose thread that finally unraveled the Scientology sweater?

Zinj

Interesting point. The brief case will contain his priest penitent data, including his daily rudiments, ARCXs, PTPS and WHs. Data about his relationship and difficulties with his victim will be there.

Less significantly it will contain notes and records describing his NOTS handlings.

If he was so troubled by Ciancio that he shot him all of the past problems and data will be there in the form of brief notes, that undoubtedly will form part of the polices case.

It will certainly be very enlightening about the incidents that led to this tragic out come, but may not be very flattering for the CofS.

If the police need any help interpreting those worksheets I'm sure dozens of Solo NOTs auditors will be eager to explain the mumbo jumbo in them so even a 'normal' person could understand them..

Gus

Patron with Honors
Wow, even the murder weapon, purchased by his kid, was traced to to the kid's address on L. Ron Hubbard Way. The thread of Scientology is woven all through this mess.

Gus

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder if this was planned the whole time. The gun, folder, letter killing. Like he knew he was fucked either way. So he made an attempt on his own life.
Just thinking out loud here.

Feral

Rogue male
In a recent security upgrade we were instructed to put a note on our safes, (which BTW is bolted and glued to the floor and wall and hidden inside a purpose built cabinet with the solo nots W/Ss inside a locked briefcase within this, all of this MUST be within a locked building with a back to base alarm)

The note needed to read; "The materials herein have no comercial value, should they be found and returned to me, tel xxxx xxxx a reward of $500 will be paid in the case they are unopened and intact".

Rex possibly had this in mind on the 30th Dec some time before shooting himself. His note tends to say he had his materials on his mind either before or after shooting his partner Cianco.

The other thing that keeps playing in my head is the $200,000 donation. I can just hear the reg fending off Rex's protests that he has responsibilities to his partners with; ''Well, when we save the planet every one will thank you, remember they are on this dirtball on the same terms as the rest of us, it's the greatest good that you donate this money, and you're sure to make it go right as an OT!"

Just some thoughts from having been there at the "friendliest place on earth"

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
This really makes me sick. This is what "the bridge" does to people. I can totally relate to the pressure one experiences from the constant regging and constant invalidation of one's need to survive. And putting yourself in a really tight position totally at the mercy of events you can't control. It makes people go insane.

You are promised these incredible states so amazing that it is worth EVERYTHING you can get your hands on to attain them and so in the process commit more and more destructive acts against yourself and others. It turns you into a sort of animal just searching for your next scrap of food and ready to bite the hand off anybody who tries to take a bit of what's yours. And when you have to - are expected to - lie to yourself and everybody else about the "wins" that aren't materializing, and have to suppress the thoughts that none of this was worth it, it starts to send you over the edge.

I think david miscavige is probably the most deplorable human being I know of. I know "ron" started this whole thing, but people are here and now and have choices as to what they do. "ron" is DEAD. Most of us here played along for a while but then said "this is a fucked up game and I'm not playing anymore". dm could have made the same decision like the rest of us instead he decided his own ego was more important than anything including human life. And he has shown time and time again that he views people as expendable and couldn't care less what happens to them as long as he get what he wants from them. Think about it, they promise helping yourself, your family, and everyone on the planet but in reality they are only conning people in to participating in their own destruction.

I'm sure he'll never realize that people who make their fortunes from destroying people never end up happy and usually end up insane. It's far too late for him to realize anything. May he rot in hell.

Last edited:

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Nasty business that OT 7 along with the unrelenting sec checks and reg cycles...I had it and the associated costs paid for years...only awaiting my arrival.
Quite pleased with my decesion some years ago not to go for that one. The idea of someone having a periscope up my ass for 5-8 years was just damned unappealling to me.
I sympathize for the families and their losses.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
This really makes me sick. This is what "the bridge" does to people. I can totally relate to the pressure one experiences from the constant regging and constant invalidation of one's need to survive. And putting yourself in a really tight position totally at the mercy of events you can't control. It makes people go insane.

You are promised these incredible states so amazing that it is worth EVERYTHING you can get your hands on to attain them and so in the process commit more and more destructive acts against yourself and others. It turns you into a sort of animal just searching for your next scrap of food and ready to bite the hand off anybody who tries to take a bit of what's yours. And when you have to - are expected to - lie to yourself and everybody else about the "wins" that aren't materializing, and have to suppress the thoughts that none of this was worth it, it starts to send you over the edge.

I think david miscavige is probably the most deplorable human being I know of. I know "ron" started this whole thing, but people are here and now and have choices as to what they do. "ron" is DEAD. Most of us here played along for a while but then said "this is a fucked up game and I'm not playing anymore". dm could have made the same decision like the rest of us instead he decided his own ego was more important than anything including human life. And he has shown time and time again that he views people as expendable and couldn't care less what happens to them as long as he get what he wants from them.

I'm sure he'll never realize that people who make their fortunes from destroying people never end up happy and usually end up insane. It's far too late for him to realize anything. May he rot in hell.

Thrak--He's there now. Can't you smell it?

And he's paying retail every day and every day that passes, the price is going up.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
If that note is authentic, it would seem like pretty clear evidence of premeditation of at least his own attempted suicide. No Scio who knew that was his Solo NOTS materials would have left it at the crime scene, either.

Now here is an odd thought. Those materials are only kept with you when solo auditing or travelling to/from Flag or The Freewinds. Why were they even there at the business office ?

What materials? I agree with the evidence-of-premeditation angle. I would guess that the satchel/briefcase was what he *usually* carried his confidential materials in, but this time they weren't there. The note doesn't make sense otherwise.

Paul

Forget about scientology VS the religion of scientology.
Forget about Ratty going against the COS VS LRH.

In this episode they are all tied up together.
L Ron Hubbards's name.
The "religious" documents.
The "religious organization" that was paid huge sums of money.
Its all part of the same disaster.

OSA will not have an easy job trying to compartmentalise itself or its "religion" away from this disaster (PR flap).

anonyvix

Patron
When Janet Fowler was interviewed by detectives, she told them she wanted the briefcase returned immediately.

"It is important to me and my church. It is religious material and I want it now," she said to investigators. "Even if you looked at it, and read it, you would not understand anything in it. Because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant. I want it back right now."

Perhaps some ex's might like to offer their services to the police to help them translate the contents of the satchel as it might shed light on his motives and state of mind.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
"It is important to me and my church. It is religious material and I want it now," she said to investigators. "Even if you looked at it, and read it, you would not understand anything in it. Because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant. I want it back right now." - Janet Fowler.

Her "No, don't look there!" just guaranteed the investigators would take a deep interest in those materials, and that they would also try to contact people who could explain the materials to the investigators.

Thanks Janet. I've read all that stuff on the internet, but thanks for sounding crazy! BTW, by "normal person" do you mean a person who doesn't go around shooting people?

I'm glad to hear that charges are being pressed. I hope they don't let him out on bail. I live in Denver, you know!

There is no way Fowler would be given bail.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They finally charged him!

Denver Post Article

Michael "The Sneakster Hobson"
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Um, guys?

The article says
Investigators say the gun was registered to Andrew Hyung Fowler, 26, who lived at 1413 L. Ron Hubbard Way in Los Angeles, when it was purchased. In interviews with police, Andrew Fowler said he gave the gun to his father for Christmas in 2007.

1413 L. Ron Hubbard Way is
the street address of ASHO!

Trying to conceal the Scientology connection just became totally impossible.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
My sympathy to the family of the deceased.

From the 9News article:

"The document also said the 9mm handgun found at the scene was registered to Fowler's son, with an address of L. Ron Hubbard Way in Los Angeles, Calif. Hubbard is the founder of Scientology."

The words "9mm handgun", scio and LRH in the same sentence. What a disaster for their PR machine.

OTs killing wogs...frightening stuff.