What's new

Russian dist. center under investigation

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of a Russian article posted on October 6, 2010 on the website of the regions.ru news agency:

http://www.regions.ru/news/2316956/

Key Russian Scientology Center Appears Threatened with Dissolution

October 6, 2010

Law enforcement agencies have recently been paying close attention to the Scientology organization in Russia. A key Russian Scientology center appears threatened with dissolution: the nonprofit partnership "Management Center of Dianetics and Scientology Dissemination", located in the town of Losino-Petrovsky in the Moscow Oblast.

On July 22, 2010, the Investigations Division of the Investigative Committee of the prosecutor's office for the Moscow Oblast (Shchyolkovo, Moscow Oblast) launched criminal proceedings against this organization under Part 1, Article 282 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation ("inciting hatred or hostility or abasement of human dignity"). Investigators are presently gathering the evidence that will provide the basis for charging the organization with violations of Russian law. The Scientology Center (as it is called for short) distributes literature containing the fundamental principles that shape the Scientologists' view of the world, and the center also organizes training courses for activists of the movement. Among other publications, the Scientology Center distributed various writings by the founder of the Scientology teachings, L. Ron Hubbard. These works were ruled as extremist by the Surgut city court on March 26 and, as a result, they have been added to the federal list of extremist materials, which is posted on the official website of the Ministry of Justice. In this list, items 632 to 660 cover a total of 15 books and 17 booklets by L. Ron Hubbard, as well as 116 discs with recordings of his lectures.

The investigation and the future judicial examination may result in the dissolution of the organization, a ban against its activities, and criminal prosecution of the persons responsible for distributing the extremist literature. In particular, charges may be brought against the president of the Scientology Center, Natalia Dvoryadkin. The maximum penalty for such offenses is imprisonment for up to five years.

The Surgut court's decision gives new possibilities for judicial action against the Scientology organization, which for many years has been the object of complaints to Russian law enforcement agencies. In the past, other articles of the Criminal Code have been invoked against it: fraud, illegal business activity and, on a particularly large scale, abuse of power. The main criminal proceedings have been against organizations involved in the rehabilitation of drug addicts, namely Scientology's Narconon program. In 1999, one of the movement's structures was the target of a criminal case under Article 171 ("illegal business") and, at the same time, the Serbsky Institute for Social and Forensic Psychiatry undertook a study to identify cases of damage to the health of cult followers. As a result of the study, law enforcement officials asserted that the supplements used during a particular procedure called "purification" (which is obligatory for all followers of Hubbard's teachings) contain psychoactive substances. However, it has been very difficult to prove that mental changes were directly induced by ingestion of these supplements, given that the investigators did not possess the results of a health study for the subjects of the research before they joined the Scientology movement.

The complaints that law enforcement agencies aim at Scientology and Dianetics centers are also related to the suspected violation of other rights of individuals, including those related to the actual religious practices of the sect. There is increased interest in the specific practice of confession, to which all followers of the teachings are subjected. The confession a Scientologist is not only verbal, but its contents are written by the minister in a special report and filed in the follower's personal folder. As they continue their training, the most successful activists travel to foreign training centers for Scientologists. According to policy, the personal folder of a church member follows him around the world, wherever he goes. How and by whom the confidential information can subsequently be used - all this remains a question for the Russian authorities.

The standard form that any visitor of a Scientology organization is asked to fill out at the first visit contains questions about the attitude of the guest toward compulsory military service and about whether the visitor has relatives connected with intelligence agencies.

Court decisions in recent years have resulted in the shutdown of sixteen Scientology organizations of various kinds throughout the regions of Russia: St. Petersburg, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, Novgorod,Rostov, the Kursk Oblast, the Oryol Oblast, Primorye, the Altai Krai and the Krasnoyarsk Krai.

In the meantime, a criminal case against the Scientology Center in Losino-Petrovsky would provide an opportunity for the Church of Scientology of Moscow to appeal to European institutions, complaining about restrictions to freedom of conscience and the right to openly profess and propagate their faith. The Church of Scientology of Moscow has filed appeals to the district court of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug (Khanty-Mansiysk) with an application for recognition as a defendant in the case in order to characterize future trials as proof of the violation of the rights of believers in Russia, and an appeal for a judicial review of the Surgut city court's March 26, 2010 decision that works by Ron Hubbard are extremist.

Snapshot of the article translated above:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
wow. I'm still in contact with some Russians who used to work for the orgs that got shut down, some of them on freezone now. It seems the more orgs are being shut down in Russia, the more scns turn to freezone

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
I wonder what the CoS propaganda will be on this.

Since the Church is very or at least tries to put on the face that they are very involved in doing community actions I wonder if the government is worried about Church trying to change the government. After all this is still Russia and not a Western government.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Л. Рон Хaббaрд

Л. Рон Хaббaрд = L. Ron Hubbard in Russian Cyrillic. Notice the two 6's? The third one fell off the page. :yes:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nothing better to do

Since I've nothing better to do at the moment, I thought I would expand our knowledge base and post the exact text, in Russian, from the Russian Federation site:

632. Л. Рон Хаббард «Лекции в Финиксе. Освобождение человеческого духа» (диски в количестве 28 штук) (лекции с 1 по 42) и брошюрами в количестве 3 штук (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
633. Л. Рон Хаббард «Факторы. Восхищение и возрождение бытийности» (диски в количестве 22 штук (лекции с 1 по 18) и брошюрами в количестве 3 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
634. Л. Рон Хаббард «Конгресс объединения. Общение! Свобода и способность» (диски в количестве 18 штук (лекции с 1 по 16) и брошюрами в количестве 3 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
635. Л. Рон Хаббард «Источник жизненной энергии» (диски в количестве 26 штук (лекции с 1 по 14) и брошюрами в количестве 3 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
636. Л. Рон Хаббард «Лекции и демонстрация по дианетике» (диски в количестве 5 штук (лекции с 1 по 5) и брошюра) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
637. Л. Рон Хаббард «Наука выживания» (диски в количестве 4 штук (лекции с 1 по 4) и брошюра) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
638. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Настольная для преклиров» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
639. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Создание человеческих способностей 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
640. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Дианетика 55!» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
641. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Наука выживания» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
642. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Саентология 8-80» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
643. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Саентология 0-8. Книга основ» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
644. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Саентология: основа жизни» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
645. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Дианетика: эволюция науки»
1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
646. Л. Рон Хаббард «Жизненный континуум» (диски в количестве 11 штук (лекции с 1 по 10) и брошюрами в количестве 2 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
647. Л. Рон Хаббард «Мысль, эмоции и усилие логистики и аксиомы» (диски в количестве 12 штук (лекции с 1 по 10) и брошюра) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
648. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Саентология: история человека»
1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
649. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Продвинутая процедура и аксиомы»
650. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Дианетика: первоначальные тезисы»
651. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Введение в саентологическую этику»
652. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Проблемы работы. Саентология для рабочих будней» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
653. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Самоанализ» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
654. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Дианетика. Современная наука о разуме»
655. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Саентология 8-80» открытие и увлечение жизненной энергии ХОМО Сапиенс 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
656. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Дианетика: эволюция науки» экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
657. Книга Л. Рон Хаббард «Саентология 8-8008» 1 экземпляр (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
658. Л. Рон Хаббард «Лекция профессионального курса Хаббарда» (диски в количестве 11 штук (лекции с 1 по 21) и брошюрами в количестве 2 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
659. Л. Рон Хаббард «Инциденты на траке. Техника 88 до прибытия на Землю» (диски в количестве 17 штук (лекции с 1 по 17) и брошюрами в количестве 3 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).
660. Л. Рон Хаббард «Мысль, эмоции и усилие» (диски в количестве
12 штук (лекции с 1 по 11) и брошюрами в количестве 2 штук) (решение Сургутского городского суда Ханты-Мансийского автономного округа-Югра от 26.03.2010).

Now, since I still have time on my hands, I thought I would translate this page myself, knowing a spoonful of Russian:

632. L. Rong Hubbard "Phoenix Indoctrination. Enslavement of the Human Spirit "(28 insanely expensive CD's) (Spews 1-42) and 3 spewchures in crayon.
633. L. Rong Hubbard "Fucktors. Hatred And The Death of Freedom (22 stupid money CD's (Spews from 1-18) and 3 spewchures.
634. L. Rong Hubbard "The Dis-unification Congress - Cult Communication and Programming! Slavery and Incompetance." 18 outrageously expensive CD's and (Spews 1-16) and 3 spewlets.

....OK, now I'm bored...

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is something that you will dig.

"Management Center of Dianetics and Scientology Dissemination" IS, in fact, OTL CIS. (CIS stands for "Commonweath of Independent States" which is what countries that formed former Soviet Union make up)
It's like CLO WUS, or CLO EU.

I worked there in 1994-97 (in fact, was one of the first ones there - with Walter and Zara Kotric, Birtha Heldt, Dithelm Alish, and some others).
Its official name has changed. While I was there, it was "Hubbard's Humanitarian Center".
Now it's as above. But, basically, it's the Sea Org base in Russia.

mnql1

Patron Meritorious

"Management Center of Dianetics and Scientology Dissemination" IS, in fact, OTL CIS. (CIS stands for "Commonweath of Independent States" which is what countries that formed former Soviet Union make up)

I worked there in 1994-97 (in fact, was one of the first ones there - with Walter and Zara Kotric, Birtha Heldt, Dithelm Alish, and some others).
Its official name has changed. While I was there, it was "Hubbard's Humanitarian Center".

Is this the place where you worked? Spasibo in advance.

Church of Scientology
Liaison Office of Commonwealth of Independent States
Management Center of Dianetics and Scientology Dissemination
Pervomayskaya Street, House 1A
Korpus Grazhdanskoy Oboroni
Losino-Petrovsky Town
141150 Moscow, Russia
[email protected]

Source:
http://books.google.ca/books?id=4q0...netics and Scientology Dissemination"&f=false

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
On the one hand, I'm opposed to the banning and censorship of thought/publication.

On the other hand, there is no question that Scientology *itself* as a philosophy, is repugnant and intolerant as well as subversive of any non-scientologist order.

On the Gripping Hand; If Scientology wants to set up shop in nations that, like Scientology, promote intolerance, arbitrary enforcement of law and cynical lip-service 'human rights'; it deserves everything it gets.

Zinj

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I like the way it keeps going in my country.

It's quite warm to my heart that Scn has been publicly announced as extremist.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh nice one. I dig it extremely.

And as Zinz says, and as I also say, having a tongue of my own, if CoS want to mess with a country with the balls to know what is good for it and what isn't, tough titty. They should stick to orphans.