ESMB is now closed to new registrations. Please go to www.exscn2.net and register there.

Scientologists Continue Cover Up of Suicide of Steve Brackett

Discussion in 'In Memory Of...' started by Pooks, Jun 8, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

http://www.montereyherald.com/local/ci_12475945?nclick_check=1\

Los Angeles man dies after fall from bridge

The body of a Los Angeles man, who apparently leaped to his death from the Highway 1 Bixby Bridge on the Big Sur Coast, was discovered Thursday.

A hiker found Stephen Brackett, 54, about 5:30a.m., said Dan Robison, a detective with the Monterey County Sheriff's Coroner division.

Brackett, who was supposed to be visiting friends, disappeared Sunday. Robison said Brackett died from injuries suffered after the nearly 200-foot fall from the bridge.

There are no indications of foul play, and friends and relatives of Brackett said he was despondent because of financial troubles with his business, Robison said.
    ----

There is a Steve Brackett listed on TAS. He's an OT V. I have no idea if it's the same guy but if there are any LA people that could look into this, it would be one more Scio that goofed the floof.

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/s/steve-brackett.html

2. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Scientologists Continue Cover Up of Suicide

Mods, please change subject to

Scientologists Continue Cover Up of Suicide of Steve Brackett

http://thebluemelreader.blogspot.com/2009/06/scientologists-continue-cover-up-of.html

Saturday, June 6, 2009
    Scientologists Continue Cover Up of Suicide
    In my last blog I reported on the death of Steve Brackett, a Scientologist who committed suicide over money trouble. [1] Rank and file Scientologists have decided to lie about Brackett’s death by saying he died in a head-on collision. This is being done to protect the belief system of Scientology, as it is believed by Scientologists that Brackett possessed supernatural abilities due to his achieving the church’s exalted state of OT. The state of OT, according to the church’s pseudo-science, is a state where one is “knowing and willing cause over life, thought, matter, energy, space and time.” [2]

Today was Brackett’s funeral, held at the Church of Scientology’s Celebrity Center in Hollywood. My sources tell me that approximately 150 were in attendance. A Scientology minister conducted the service with three of Brackett’s friends eulogizing.

One of my sources told that the sermon was “more about the church [of Scientology] than it was about Steve [Brackett].” “He talked about how Brackett lived by the Creed [of the Church of Scientology],” explained my source, “and then went on to read the Creed.” The minister also informed those in attendance at the funeral that Brackett used Scientology administrative principles in his business and how he donated heavily to the church.

Strangest of all, when the minister first began to speak, he told the crowd, “I want to set the tone of this event. Anyone should feel free to feel any emotion they want.” Apparently Scientologists need to be told this, as expressing their true emotions is generally not allowed in the church. Scientologists are heavily indoctrinated to hide their feelings and maintain a calm, in-control exterior.

My sources also tell me that many are still trying to hide the fact that Brackett committed suicide. “About one half knows the truth about his death,” tells one source, “and the other half don’t know.” In fact, Brackett’s mother and two children, who are both in their twenties, don’t know the truth of his death. I recently re-read the “Creed of the Church of Scientology”. [3] It makes no mention about telling the truth.

NOTES:
    1. “Rank and File Scientologists Cover Up Suicide to Protect Church Image”. Dan Bluemel. The Bluemel Reader. 06/04/2009. http://thebluemelreader.blogspot.com/2009/06/rank-and-file-scientologists-cover-up.html
    2. Book: Dianetics and Scientology Technical Dictionary. Los Angeles: Bridge, 1989.
    3. “Creed of the Church of Scientology”. Scientology Today Online. The Church of Scientology. 06/06/2009. http://www.scientologytoday.org/corp/creed.htm
    Posted by Dan Bluemel at 8:37 PM
    Labels: Commentary, Scientology

3. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Ten bucks says it's the same guy. :bigcry:

4. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Sadly, you win

5. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

OMG what a horrible tragedy.

There was a guy in Sydney who dived off a building next to the org several years ago due to his debts, and a similar disinformation campaign was done then.

But the truth will out eventually.:yes:

6. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

As of 2006, he was listed in IAS as GOLD MERITORIOUS $1,000,000 (IMPACT #115)

I'll bet if he had $1M back in his pockets he wouldn't jump off a bridge.

7. Emma

(I posted that in response to your first post, while you were posting your next post but you got in first.) :p

So another OT finds out that there are no OTs, no OT powers and that he's a cool million bucks PLUS down the tubes after buying a "Bridge".

My heart goes out to his family and the others still trapped in this money grabbing, suicide inducing cult.

8. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Here's why there's a cover up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  9. Emma

Hold the phone....

He was Nancy Cartwright's 2D (Scilon speak for husband)??? :omg:

10. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

Whaaaaaaaaaaa?????? Well, I THOUGHT I was about to get to sleep....dox/updates please? :no:

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Look at DM.

1. Talk about a fake smile.
    2. Talk about a fake photo. He wasn't even there. Look how big he is!

Paul

12. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

http://www.armyarcherd.com/2007/08/its-back-to-bar.html

http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/celebrities/celebrities191.html

Not found anything to say they did marry, still searching.

13. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

14. Feral

Feral Rogue male

It makes me think.

I know a lot of people who were in Scientology for up to 30 years and gave up every thing for the cult. They were often depressed and in shock for some time when they first learned the truth of the scam. The betrayal runs so deep and is facilitated by so many lies.

What of a man who had donated a million dollars who was now in serious financial trouble, watching his empire collapse?.

Then he discovers there are no OTs and the serious scam behind the current church.

I certainly found it a lot to take when I discovered the truth, I'm surely not alone in that.

I fear this is not going to be the last.

15. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Unfortunately I must agree with you here, mate.

I only hope the media get hold of this and publish it widely enough to get more people out quicker.

I reckon there's been quite a few "hidden" suicides of those who suddenly see the light and it blinds them.

16. Mrs Pattycake

Mrs Pattycake Patron with Honors

I am so sorry to hear this - Steve is another victim.

I feel for all his family and friends and hope that his desparate action gives them thought to truly examine what really went on to create this.

This could happen to so many of us - who so willingly gave to the "great cause ".

People need to find out that Scientology is a scam to grab as much of your money as possibe and deliver very little in exchange - mostly titles, status and pretty certificates. What little value there is in the "tech" can be found elsewhere at either no or very little cost .

:bigcry:

17. Feral

Feral Rogue male

I just realized that I've met this guy at FLAG.

He was a very cheerful feller too.

Sad for him and his family.

18. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Patron Laureate is a $10,000,000 donation.

Did Nancy Cartwright pay this, and it was credited to "Nancy Cartwright and Steve Brackett"? Or did Steve Brackett pay it himself, in addition to her, $20 mill between them?

Total guess: I would say she paid most or all of it.

Paul

19. ExVet

ExVet Patron with Honors

Bet there's trouble at Flag

Heads must be ROLLING at Flag right now.....

20. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

He may not necessarily have discovered the truth about OT levels. He may just have been in desperate financial trouble and feeling the hopeless pit of despair descending, knowing he couldn't "make it go right" any longer and being inevitably labelled (by himself or others) as a "DB/PTS/insert whatever stupid scientology judgements here".

Condolences to his family. This is too sad.