What's new

Scientology allegedly targeting the Congo via Belgium

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of two French articles posted on January 17, 2013 on the website of the Belgian daily newspaper La Dernière Heure:

La Scientologie infiltre les milieux belgo-congolais

Scientology infiltrating Congolese Belgian circles

by Antoine Clevers
January 17, 2013

BRUSSELS - According to a recent Belgium State Security Service report obtained by La Dernière Heure, the Church of Scientology is seeking to expand its activities on the African continent, particularly in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

To accomplish this, Scientology has strengthened its presence in Belgium to reach out to Belgium's Congolese community. With great success! One source quoted in the report described Brussels as a place "from which everything is possible," so much so that the Church has transferred its activities in connection with the Democratic Republic of the Congo from Paris to Brussels (these Scientology officials are mostly French) ...

Bertin Mampaka, Vice-President of the Brussels Regional Parliament, and Brussels city councilor Justine Kasa-Vubu, daughter of former Congolese President Joseph Kasa-Vubu are said to be involved! According to the report, these two persons are "choice recruits." However, their "conversion" is being "kept secret" to avoid compromising their credibility vis-à-vis the public and authorities.

The church allegedly wishes to promote Mr. Mampaka's "political ascension" and to encourage Ms. Kasa-Vubu's "return" to the Congolese political scene and is providing them financial, human, and technical resources. The Kasa-Vubu Foundation is reportedly serving as the receptacle for all of this support.

The report adds that the Church has "relations" with Brussels Regional Parliament member Gisèle Mandaila and "has attempted to get close to" Pierre Migisha, also a member of the Brussels Regional Parliament.

The Belgium State Security Service submitted its report in mid-December to Justice Minister Annemie Turtelboom, Foreign Affairs Minister Didier Reynders, Belgium's Ambassador to the Congo Michel Lastchenko, as well as to the president, security chief and Africa director of Belgium's Foreign Affairs Federal Public Service.

The State Security Service outlined the Church of Scientology's reasoning. The number of immigrants is increasing in Belgium, especially in Brussels, and, logically, their numbers are also increasing in key public and private positions. They are "more receptive" to Scientology's message and are therefore important intermediaries who can play a lobbying role - the report speaks of lines of communication - with Belgian, European, and Congolese authorities.

The State Security Service says that Scientology has placed the Congo at the center of its expansion strategy in Africa and wishes to extend into Zambia and Angola.

A more worrying development is the support that this religious movement wants to provide to the M23 rebel group which is backed by Rwanda and has caused serious destabilization in eastern Congo.

The report asserts that Scientology is already well established in Rwanda and has a special relationship with the highest circles of power, including Rwandan President Paul Kagame!

Scientology's officials in Brussels (who are of French nationality) have had contacts with Rwandan personalities whose mission is to convince influential Congolese Belgians to "promote" M23's cause.

Scientologie: Mampaka dément formellement !

Scientology: Mampaka issues categorical denial!

by Antoine Clevers
January 17, 2013

BRUSSELS - In an exclusive published on Thursday, La Dernière Heure revealed that the Church of Scientology is aiming to expand its activities in the Congo using Brussels as a base.

According to a Belgium State Security Service report, the church wants to promote the "political ascension" of Bertin Mampaka, Vice-President of the Brussels Regional Parliament, and to encourage the "return" of Brussels city councilor Justine Kasa-Vubu, daughter of former Congolese President Joseph Kasa-Vubu, to the Congolese political scene.

Bertin Mampaka blasted the report: "I categorically deny the content of the report. I do not know anyone who belongs to Scientology. If a public figure like myself, whose ass hairs have been counted a hundred times, is cited in a Security Service report, this means that the Security Service must be reformed and needs to be monitored! I demand an audit of this institution. It has already been manipulated by Congolese or Belgian adversaries to blacken the reputation of asylum seekers."

Pierre Migisha also surprised by this report

"I am stunned ... Honestly, I've never had any contact with anyone about Scientology. The only times I've ever hear about it are with Tom Cruise or when the public prosecutor opens an investigation ... Maybe I was approached without realizing it? In any case, if ever I were to have contact with them, I can tell you that they would quickly be turned away!"

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of a French article posted on January 17, 2013 on the website of the Belgian daily newspaper La Capitale:

Scientologie: Mampaka va attaquer en diffamation, Mandaila dément, Migisha va interpeller

Scientology: Mampaka to sue for defamation, Mandaila issues denial, Migisha will file a protest

by K.F.
January 17, 2013

The Brussels politicians of Congolese origin who were cited, in a report by the Belgium State Security Service, as being members of or close to the Church of Scientology are striking back. Bertin Mampaka, Member of the Brussels Regional Parliament, announced on Thursday that he has contacted a lawyer in preparation for a lawsuit.

"I have contacted a lawyer and I will sue for defamation," Bertin Mampaka said on Thursday, while attending the Humanist Democratic Centre Party's annual reception for the press. "Today, I am being called a Scientologist. Yesterday, I was called a witch doctor. Tomorrow, someone will say that I am the leader of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb." he exclaimed. "I also call upon the Minister of the Interior, Annemie Turtelboom, to examine the functioning of the State Security Service." He accused the agency of having been manipulated.

Member of Parliament Pierre Migisha, also present at the reception, denounced the "carelessness" of the press and "guilt-by-association allusions". "This is defamation and libel, and I intend to file a protest" with the authorities that supervise the press.

In a written statement, Gisèle Mandaila forcefully affirms that she does not belong to the Church of Scientology. A statement released by her party said that she "firmly denies having had any contact with the Church of Scientology. She reserves the right to bring the matter before a court if some elements persist in associating her name with this movement that she denounces as dangerous."

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of a French article posted on January 17, 2013 on the Le Vif website:

L'Eglise de scientologie infiltre les milieux congolais - plainte de la Sûreté pas exclue

Church of Scientology infiltration of Congolese circles in Belgium - A complaint by the State Security Service is not excluded

January 17, 2013

(Belga) The Belgium State Security Service announced on Thursday afternoon that it is not excluding the possibility of filing a complaint after classified information was leaked to the press and published by the daily newspapers La Dernière Heure and Het Laatste Nieuws, according to which a State Security Service report alleges the infiltration of Congolese-Belgian circles by the Church of Scientology.

Members of the Brussels Regional Parliament Bertin Mampaka, Pierre Migasha, and Gisele Mandaila have categorically denied any ties with the cult. The State Security Service said it "reserves the right to file a complaint, under the legislation regarding access to classified information, after classified information was handed to the press by third parties." In a statement, the State Security Service, which has declined any further comment, says it "cannot accept that the execution of its missions and its operational activities be jeopardized by non-compliance with this legislation."

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of a French article posted on January 18, 2013 on the website of the Belgian daily newspaper La Dernière Heure:

Vives critiques contre la Sûreté de l’État

State Security Service sharply criticized

by Antoine Clevers
January 18, 2013

BRUSSELS - A flurry of press releases and reactions followed the news about the State Security Service report described in La Dernière Heure yesterday. The four persons who were named emphatically denied belonging to or having been infiltrated by the Church of Scientology. The church itself also denied the information in the report.

The State Security Service issued a statement yesterday saying it regrets that one of its documents was leaked to the press and "reserves the right to file a complaint concerning the disclosure of classified information." The State Security Service thus indirectly confirms the existence of the report and its contents ...

The State Security Service reported that Scientology was seeking intermediaries in Belgium's Congolese community, particularly in Brussels, to expand its influence in the Congo. The report says that, to accomplish this, the church "has attempted to get close to" Pierre Migisha, Member of the Brussels Regional Parliament. Nothing further is said about him. As he told La Dernière Heure yesterday, he repeated that he had "never been contacted by anyone."

His parliamentary colleague Gisèle Mandaila is also mentioned, but with very few details. In a statement yesterday, she repeated that she never "had any contact whatsoever with the Church of Scientology."

Similar statements were made by Justine M'Poyo Kasa-Vubu and Bertin Mampaka, Member of the Brussels Regional Parliament, about both of whom the State Security Service is categorical, calling them "choice recruits" who preferred to "keep secret" their "conversion."

Both totally denied any connection with Scientology and strongly criticized the work of the State Security Service. "I intend to ask my lawyer to file a complaint for defamation and libel ... I haven't yet met Tom Cruise ... Soon the only thing I won't yet have been accused of is being the leader of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb," said Mr. Mampaka yesterday. Speaking to La Dernière Heure yesterday, he also demanded an "audit" of the State Security Service, asserting that the agency had "already been manipulated."

Finally, the Belgian branch of the Church of Scientology yesterday called the information in the report "mind-boggling." "We deny it completely. The church is apolitical," said spokesperson Agnès Bron. "We never take any political stand. We support the principle of separation of church and state. When there are elections, members are free to vote as they wish."

"Scientology is present in 170 countries around the world, including in the Congo. This is not new. We are developing the same humanitarian programs there as in Europe."

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah the world of Scientology spies and lies. Where is the truth to be found? Maybe ask the double agents? or any of the 5,000 scientology agents of Operation Snow White Oh wait, Nah couldn't be anything to do with 'What is Expected of a Scientologist' Staying apolitical, but get close to those who have real responsibility and leach off of, I mean do a confidence trick for Scientology on them. Hey, Tommy Cruise, there has been an accident in Belgium and you are the only one who can help. A good book to Read on the flight over there is Scientology, Hollywood, and the PRISON of belief..oh and buy a copy for DM, I hear he is hurting for money and infamy these days.:biggrin::biggrin:

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
Translation of a French article posted on January 18, 2013 on cheikfita.net, a news website dedicated to the Congolese of Belgium:

Scientologie. J.M. Kasa-Vubu et Gisèle Mandaila: Ils veulent nous diviser.

Scientology. J.M. Kasa-Vubu and Gisèle Mandaila: They want to divide us

by Cheik FITA
Brussels, January 18, 2013

In the wake of the Belgian media campaign against certain personalities of the Congolese community in Belgium regarding a possible, if not hypothetical, affiliation with Scientology, we asked Justine M'Poyo Kasa-Vubu and Gisèle Mandaila to share their thoughts.

These two ladies are among those who were singled out.

This news profoundly shocked them and poisoned their days.

Why was this bombshell dropped precisely on January 17, the anniversary of the assassination of Patrice Lumumba? Is it a coincidence?

Their answer is: "There are no coincidences in politics."

To the very direct question of whether or not they were part of Scientology or had been approached by the cult, the answer was a resounding no.

Why this action?

After careful consideration, the two were unanimous: this action aims to divide the Congolese diaspora around the world, and the Congolese community in particular.

They ask the Congolese to be vigilant and not to fall into the trap of the enemies of the Congolese people. These enemies only seek the balkanization of the country to satisfy their predatory appetites.
On YouTube, in French:
Scientologie ; M'POYO KASA-VUBU et Gisèle MANDAILA : ils veulent nous diviser
(“Scientology; Justine M'POYO KASA-VUBU and Gisèle MANDAILA : They want to divide us”)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcdlCVRnnpE

:
:
:

Great positioning :clap:

"I have contacted a lawyer and I will sue for defamation," Bertin Mampaka said on Thursday, while attending the Humanist Democratic Centre Party's annual reception for the press. "Today, I am being called a Scientologist. Yesterday, I was called a witch doctor. Tomorrow, someone will say that I am the leader of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb."