ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured Scientology Breeds Fanaticism

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by Gadfly, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

This was a fav of mine long before I heard of the Co$

Voltaire : " God spare me from the righteousness of a zealot "

And, so help me God, I never met a scientologist that wasn't a fucking zealot".

Yeah, I was a fucking zealot, too.

2. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I felt that way about some of the people who wrote page after page about my alleged infamies while assuring everyone that they really wanted to help people. And those were exes and other critics...sometimes the cultic mindset runs deeeep...even in those who either left or never were in CofS.

Just sayin'. I may be flame free but I ain't snark free.

3. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Semiticism breeds fanaticism.

Look at Israel.

Look at the Christian world.

Look at the Muslim world.

4. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Look at you!

5. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Facts are what they are. It is tough to have the facts thrown at your face, isn't it?

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

It's even tougher when you're talking to someone who seems to be viewing the world from an such an artficial viewpoint.

You seem to be talk about many of things in terms of Semitic vs Vedic, perhaps you have an unflat dichotomy or two?

Look at the "you" being presented by Vinay here. Look and see what comes to view. Practice what you preach. :)

7. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

What you see of a being is in your mind.

Learn to look at the knowledge and not the being. Knowledge stands by itself without the being. That is what Veda's teach.

Semite's evaluate knowledge through the being. That messes them up.

Look at knowledge for what it is without any viewpoint.

8. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Without a monitor might be simpler. Without a keyboard would solve *everything* :)

Zinj

9. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Sure!

10. VaD

VaD Gold Meritorious Patron

Just to contribute some:
    https://theworldisfine.wordpress.com/2010/05/16/betrayal-whose-lets-ovecome-it/

11. Voltaire's Child

Vinny,

What kind of extremist assassinated Mohandas Ghandi? It wasn't a MOSLEM or a CHRISTIAN one.

12. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

That person proclaimed himself to be a Hindu.

So? What is your point?

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Maybe he was PDH'ed by the Semites! Gasp!

Zinj

14. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Quite possible. The Christian missionaries had been there in India spreading their gospel for some time.

It were British rulers (Semites) who initiated the partition of India between Semites (Muslims) and Vedic (Hindus).

15. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

By the way, I am not blaming Semites. They are simply conditioned into thinking through the filter of God (a Being).

16. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

USA was founded on secular (Vedic) principles. But it has gradually become more Semitic today.

17. Voltaire's Child

That Hindus aren't exempt from fanaticism.

18. Voltaire's Child

So are some Hindus. Not all of them think of the multiple gods as manifestations of The One Consciousness. Some have a very literal interpretation.

19. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Sure, Hindus can be aberrated.

20. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

Vedic thought does not teach people to look through the filter of a "being."