ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology Melts Down AGAIN :)

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Magoo, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Guero

Guero Patron

Has there been any activity regarding the Melbourne org of late? I saw Cherie Ceberano and Lee Rogers (who I only just learned are both Melbourne residents) at a screening of the Kenja doco Beyond Our Ken a week or two ago and was wondering why they were there - beyond stifling discussion of Ken Dyers' involvement with CoS - and hope that they recognised the same abuses of CoS in the Kenja doco. Here's hoping it gives them something to consider...

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Welcome to ESMB, Guero!
    Unfortunately, they probably wouldn't recognise it because they can't even see it.
    It's a total blind-spot for most practicing scn'ists.
    Ken Dyers and Kenja are just an inevitable consequence of the CofS's obsession with "controlling Beings". :yes:

3. Anne Ominous

Anne Ominous Patron with Honors

Hi Guero!

Send Neo a PM for more info on Melbourne; I think that was where he used to be on staff. He's keeping a watchful eye on the ANZO situation.

4. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome, Guero! :)

Anne...have you heard anything more from the ANZO newly freed beings?

I hope so.

My best to all :happydance:

Tory/Magoo~~

5. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Hi Guero, welcome. I saw your post on that and meant to ask the same question - why were they there? It seems bizarre.

6. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

I'd suggest Cherie and Lee were doing research for CCHR or OSA.

Cherie has always been very active when she was not busy managing Kate.

Almost Human

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

They were there to derail/debunk any mention of CofS or Scientology should it come up in reference to the abuses of Kenja.
    As well-known members of the Scientology Celebritocracy they are wrongly seen by OSA as having some credibility within the film/art fraternity. :yes:

8. Guero

Guero Patron

I know! I was fully expecting Kenja devotees to crash the screening (as they have at other showings) but I was wondering if CoS were going to be keeping an eye on it too. I think there were a number of Anons/Anon-friendly types there and Cherie and Lee were eager to shut down any critical discussion of CoS. They seemed to have a good cop-bad cop thing going. Lee was super-friendly and smiley, Cherie was deadly serious. I was just about to ask about the Kenja/Cos history (which is not covered in the film, but is obvious from the nomenclature of Kenja, and is apparrently explored in the DVD extras) before someone else did, and that's when Cherie and Lee revealed themselves.

I was actually seated right near them and was a bit freaked out. Everyone (bar the lady who asked the inital question) kinda clammed up. The moderator of the Q&A rather spinelessly shut the whole Q&A down after the lady brought up Hubbard's links to Aleister Crowley, and that was that.

I guess CoS is eager to spin Kenja (and Dyers) as a prime example of why you don't squirrel the tech, even though Dyers plainly has many similar personality traits to Hubbard - including an invented military history, documented mental health problems and a propensity for outlandish conspiracy theories.

I strongly urge everyone to check out the film, which is absolutely brilliant.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/801198

And thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've never been a member of CoS, but have kept tabs on the group for nearly a decade. I have even visited the Melbourne and Adelaide orgs in the past (Melb in 04, Adelaide in 02). I've had my own personal - non cult - experiences with manipulation and Hubbard-esque personalities, which is a big part of why I feel so passionately about freeing people from cults.

9. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Hey Guero and :welcome:

10. Free to shine

Ah, that explains it!
    Cherie used to be known as the "iron fist in the velvet glove". :coolwink: I hope she wakes up one day.

11. Guero

Guero Patron

Yeah, I've seen her interviewed on John Safran's Music Jamboree (the one where he goes to the What Is Scientology exhibit dressed as Beck) and she seemed very stand-offish. One of my friends is doing a filmmaking course and one of his fellow students was considering making a film on Scientology that would involve filming meetings, daily goings on at the Melb Org and so on. From what I've been told, many of the staff were enthusiastic about it, but Cherie shot it down in a meeting with the student, and was very unpleasant in doing so, repeatedly calling the guy names, accusing him of having an agenda and so on...

Eek.

12. Free to shine

Yes, I can imagine that. I used to work with her. Being 2nd generation does not give a lot of wiggle room for independant thought, it takes real strength to break away.

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

It takes tragedy

Zinj

14. Magoo

Tragedy, or seeing enough to realize what utter :bs: the dark side of
    Scientology actually is.

Well, Kendra, Jenna and Astra made it out--- actually tons of 2nd generation kids have found their way to the net, read the facts (or just watched it within their own families) and said, "No thanks", and left. :happydance:

The greatest thing about "The Net" is that it ISN'T going away, as Scientology thought---and they cannot control it, as they believed, and per their actions, still think this is true. The more connected we all are, the greater chance people have of seeing the FACTS here, there, everywhere. With the facts, comes FREEDOM!

Keep on melting down, Scientology/OSA! DM: Keep on TRYING TO STOP things. You've forgotten your own tech, haven't you? Oh that's right, you never got trained. OH well, we all watch as you blow it, day by day. :omg:

Welcome, Aussies and any newly freed beings! :bighug:

Tory/Magoo~~Your local, friendly SP! :thumbsup:

15. Good twin

Good twin Floater

It's completely true. I looked at lots of stuff on the internet. Much I could ignore or disbelieve. The thing that I kept coming back to was that Tory said there were lots of people who had left. I was curious about this. I was unsure, but for some reason this gave me great hope. The thing that got me out was learning to listen to myself. When I realized that I was excited that people had survived leaving the church....well, I knew I had to be one of them, even if it wasn't true. Yep. That's how it happened. Thanks Magoo!:thumbsup:

16. Magoo

Hey Good Twin...........I never knew that!

Thank you!!!:thankyou:

This makes me Sooo Happy, :dance3:

and I love that you're out! :rose:

As I've said in some of my talks: I had **No**

idea how many people were out, when I left. For 2 years---I kept
    asking one of our mutual friends: "Well, _____'s "in", right?"
    She'd say each time; "Hell no, he/she left 20 years ago!"

Truly, it's amazing how little one knows when you're "in"---so spread
    the word: MANY ARE FREE! Come join the party! :thewave:

**hugs**

Tory/Magoo~~

17. Free to shine

Yes, I am one too. That's how I know how hard it is, how possible it is, and how rewarding it is. :)

18. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

I love this song!

19. Magoo

Great one, Grundy! I love that, too, and your dancers are all-time!

Free to Shine: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happydance: :headspin: :goodjob:

:)

Tory/Magoo~~

20. grundy

grundy Gold Meritorious Patron

Actually, the other big one they had. We used to sing it to the security guys that were watching us when we were routing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQi4CAzmrA

We were grouped together, about 14 of us, routing out. Under watch. So as a way to demonstrate our self-determinism we blared this song and had a grand old time with it.