What's new

Scientology's music is crazy

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
There were two saxophonists, trombone, trumpet, flute, rhythm guitar, bass guitar, drums, bongos and occasionally upright bass.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions about art, music, movies etc...and that's exactly what they are "opinions" nothing more. BTW, I never considered myself to be "part of any problem" but I agree with you that the problem was at the top. For someone who supposedly had such high standards and expected nothing less than perfection how LRH could have recorded that album and allowed it to be released with such a horrid album cover to boot defies my understanding of who and what I thought him to be. Um...also I did not feel offended in any way by your post. Thank you for your comments.
TR
Yes, he throws you together as a loose ensemble, expects miracles from you, records you at your worst when you had barely a chance to practice and get good.
Then once you get good he fails to release an album capturing that, probably being bored with the whole project and his shiny new rich man's toys - his musicians.
It was his egg that was laid with the Power of Source album and I never thought otherwise. You won't find any post of mine where I put it on the musicians, they are a dying breed these days.
I have not seen its failure put on the backs of the musicians though you probably were blamed within the organization because that's how they are. But people were really wising up about Hubbard even back then as expose books were beginning to hit the shelves and thank God for that!
But the egg laid was Hubbard's and it was all over his face and we didn't see much of him after those days.

Last edited: