ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology's Recruitment Film: The Version They Don't Want You to See

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Smilla, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Scientology's Recruitment Film: The Version They Don't Want You to See

"On Sunday, we wrote about our trip to Scientology's New York "org." We were invited inside to see a short movie about the origin of L. Ron Hubbard's 1950 book, Dianetics.

An alert reader noticed that a film fitting our description could be found on YouTube and brought it to our attention. Yes! This is the opening of the movie we saw, with one very important difference -- this is an older version starring Michael Fairman, who defected from Scientology last year. In the movie we saw, Fairman had been edited out and replaced with another actor, but everything else looked the same. By magic, Fairman had been made an un-person, just like in those old Soviet newspapers!"

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_recruitment_film_michael_fairman.php

2. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

In Scientology, undesirable people are erased and not allowed to exist in any form of close proximity to the rest of the "dedicated followers" - not in person and not in print. History is constantly rewritten in Scientology. "Truth" is never important - ONLY appearances.

3. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

I noted the photo of Fairman listed from "Firefly" in which he made two appearances as someone who enjoyed sticking hooks, knives and hot electrodes into other people.

I also saw that footage of the Trans-orbital Lochotomy reproduced in a recent movie (the name escapes me).

4. Balthasar

Balthasar Patron Meritorious

Surprising that this movie is still shown to public.

Claiming healing through Dianetics using such exaggerated plot comes across like quackery.

I didn't have Engrams and would like to know the percentage of population who has.

5. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

It has become obvious to me that fear is what provides the motivation for much of what the Cult does.

Just imagine being so fearful of someone that you have to remove all signs of their existence.

A little love would desolve that fear in an instant.

6. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

7. Albion

Albion Patron with Honors

Thanks for the plug, Mimsey: it got a modest response when I posted it yesterday, but since Tony plugged it at the Voice, my traffic has shot up. It's good to have him in our corner.

Jonny Jacobsen