What's new

Staff and Sea Org - What was it like?

Gib

Crusader
Yup. :)

I did the promo actions thing as lip service, not expecting it to make any real difference. I could imagine being in a really shitty org where a whole slew of things were wildly out, and it would actually make a difference. But Saint Hill was/is a huge org, and at the time auditing and training did occur and the place ran relatively smoothly.

Paul

During your time there at St Hill, if it was circa 1965, during the time of the Class 8 course,

Hubbard's rhetoric (use of to persuade) was a Class 8 couldn't but boom an org, it's written in his policy/tech that this statement is supposed to be true, but hasn't come to fruitation.

Circa 1965 is also the time when PTS/SP policy/tech came about, and then Hubbard created the super secret "sea project", later known as the Sea Org.

Is this correct?

Phoenix8

Patron with Honors
You have the mindset of the staff just on the cusp of leaving right here. These are the thoughts and this is the emerging view.

But - dedicated staff don't see this at all.

And - maybe it has changed since 1993, and that numbness is part of the necessary tools to get through a day.

Dedicated staff have bought the whole thing completely. They are certain they are saving this planet and this sector from a dark dismal fate. They've committed themselves totally to that, and they give up having any kind of a life other than that. It's like being in the military, without the sanity...

THIS - Absolutely this.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am wondering what is going on in the mind of the staffer's and Sea Org members when they are working their tails off and nothing changes? What was that like - REALLY?

The staff and Sea Org seem absolutely numb, not there - a sort of wooden feeling! They look like whirling dirvishes, if you will? :unsure: Spinning around, real busy, no one going up the BRIDGE to Total SMASH, busy busy busy but NOTHING GETS DONE.

Scientology is the only organization that I have ever witnessed to be the biggest DILETTANTE I have ever experienced. Volunteer Minister's? Narconon? CCHR? NADA - ZIP - ZERO - It is a nice facade like a movie set - but no one is home! Nothing behind the set.

I am trying to understand how they can take it and take it and take it. Work their asses off, no money, no new people that last, events till midnight to hear Slappy boast about expansion by epic proportions but no one new comes and stays...WTF?

Enlighten me on the reality of what it is like? How does one justify it for years and years and years??:bigcry:It is so sad to see them wasting their lives for absolutely NOTHING! It is a huge betrayal and FRAUD! SNAKE OIL Salesman! YUCK

Scientology is full of scales and charts that describe the state of awareness, etc. I would submit that we are now seeing the development of a new scale. It could be called something like the "Personal Integrity Scale".

Scientology starts out telling us, "What is true for you is true for you". We get it, we know what we know and place trust in that and we can expect Scientology to respect it.

Then the further one gets into Scientology, "What is true for you is suspect if it isn't true for LRH".

Then, "What is true for LRH is true for you".

Then, "What is true for LRH is suspect if it isn't true for you".

Then the final EP (End Phenomena) of Scientology is, "What is true for you is true for you regardless of Scientology".