ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Story about cult on Kerri-Anne Show about to air in Oz right now

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by Miss Pert, Jul 13, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

Sorry for short notice but just saw it on the TV myself. Coming up on the Kerri-Anne show, a story about a celebrity's child's fight against the cult. On in just a few moments.

Was typing to fast to get this on the board, can Admin fix the heading please. "Story about cult on Kerri-Anne Show about to air in Oz right now."

2. Miss Pert

Re: Story on Kerri-Anne Right just about to air in Oz

Hasn't come on yet but she just mentioned it was the Placido Domingo story. Will see if I'm techy enough to record and post it anyway. She (Kerri-Anne) originally made it sound like it was a "child" involved in a fight with the cult, I thought it was just a little kid. :duh:

3. Miss Pert

OK let's see if this works. It didn't work :no:, file is too large. Sorry guys, Kerri-Anne was talking about the Placido Domingo thing with Nick Xenophon.

4. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I missed it, drats. Maybe they will show a vid on her site later.

You can fix the thread title by editing your first post and then "go advanced" where it allows you to change it.

5. thefatman

thefatman Patron with Honors

Can't see anything on their website about it :(

6. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Pert, thanks for the heads up I am sure we can find it somewhere.

James

7. Miss Pert

8. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yay, well done on getting it uploaded! :)

9. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Can we have it cross-posted to here for those few dinosaurs (like me) who aren't on Facebook? :prettyplease:

10. Miss Pert

Sorry Scoots I'll have to let someone else do that, I'm only slightly less a dinosaur than you are. :biggrin:

11. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

... but that only works if we're FB friends! I couldn't find the show on her (Kerri Anne's) website either.

12. Free to shine

I've done an extensive search, looks like this is a personal recording uploaded directly to FB? No way to share that unfortunately. (I put it on my FB as well).

Great video though!

13. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Video isn't displaying due to privacy settings. Suggest uploading to Youtube instead.

14. Miss Pert

Sorry folks for the whole FB thing but as I said earlier I am a bit of a computer dinosaur, how do I put it on You Tube?

15. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Uploading to youtube now. Should be about 10 mins.

16. Miss Pert

Thanks Em! :thumbsup: Just found how you can sign up to YT so am doing that now, at least it will be there for future recordings. :yes:

17. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

18. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks Em. Very interesting. We should all go and friend Placido right away!

PD

19. Free to shine

He friended me a while back and he has TONS more friends now than he did then. I see them being added in large batches. :biggrin:

20. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Silver Meritorious Patron

Glad this disconnection is getting press. Kerri-Ann, while trying to be objective, was a tad defensive for the church... putting the onus on individuals for their behavior and decisions.

Theoretically, this would be true. Unfortunately, this is NOT how it works.

It's NOT that simple. It is made to look simple: greatest good, pro-survival, ethical and all the other ways the church tries to white-wash it.

The truth is it is extremely complicated, it is black-mail and it destroys lives and families and friendships. It has a rippling effect that tears, unnoticed by those on the outside looking in, at the basis of one's freedom and spirituality...the very things scientology says they are selling. Snakes.

Nick handled the interview very well.