ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Sydney photos

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by OTBT, Dec 3, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

/ edit

Patrick's set of over 1,000 Scientology photos was deleted from Flickr.
    Luckily, Zhent downloaded all of them, and zipped them in another file which can be downloaded.
    See post #33 for zip file download.

=================================================​

Patrick, an Asian scientologist in Sydney has helpfully posted hundreds of fairly high quality photos on Flickr.

Quite a few sets of photos from 2010, including Auditor's Day, Patron's Ball, Maiden Voyage Event, IAS World Tour, etc.

For any Sydney exes, or anyone else interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mint-forest/collections/72157604280839672/

a quick sample of the photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Interesting. There are hundreds of photos there.

Also interesting, are the photos of literally 50 or 60 Taiwanese people together at AOSH ANZO.

Paul

3. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

Yeah, I was amazed at how many Asians there are at Sydney Org.

For any Asians lurking on ESMB, here is a summary of OT 1 to OT 8 in Mandarin, condensed from Wikileaks :D

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=161469393894688&topic=307

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  4. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

So by appearances looks like there is still a fairly healthy Taiwanese cash cow existing in ANZO, from what mate said thought there was a mass exodus of Taiwanese.

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Not necessarily. The 50-60 people in one photo were from 2009. The photos from 10 Sep 2010 only show about 5-6 people in one photo. There may be 10 different Taiwanese total or there may be 60 total: I'm not about to figure it out.

Paul

6. Jachs

Jachs Gold Meritorious Patron

Ah See,good point , me neither.

7. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

How can they have a "Maiden Voyage" in 2010. Did they get a new ship? Wasit only for virgins? Or is this another example of "Because we say it is so it is true?"

8. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Excellent!! I think I might spend the weekend wallpapering some Mandarin sites. Cheers OTBT.

9. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Right, its full and correct title is "Maiden Voyage Anniversary" but people are sometimes sloppy with their language.
    There was a time when certain Execs at AOSHANZO used to get furious with anyone who forgot to include the word "Anniversary" when speaking/writing of it. :D

10. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

Go for it.

Bear in mind, the kind soul who posted the Manadarin writeup (his name is Cenu - heh) was only trying to inoculate unsuspecting Mandarin speaking people about the OT levels, removing the secrecy the Church of Scientology tries to keep.

Here is pretty wonky Google Translation of the Mandarin OT summaries. Google massacres the translation, but at least instead of a bunch of indecipherable Chinese characters, Google translate give the general gist of what was written:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=161469393894688&topic=307

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  11. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Lost in translation! :D

12. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

:lol:

13. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Well it took me a while, but I managed to leech (download) all 1242 scientology event photos. I look forward to combing through them to extract useful data about stats etc.

And this really is a fantastic collection, so much useful and interesting stuff here, particular the photo's of graduation where the names and awards can be read - I might transcribe these down later. If anyone would like to help with the transcribing of hard-to-read names that would be most appreciated.

Big thanks to OTBT for bringing this to our attention.

So much to remark upon, most noticeably is the apparent portion of the AOSH ANZO population that is Asian. Really its quite overwhelming, I wonder what Cyrus Brooks must thing of this, having most of his customers from non-Australian backgrounds. I wonder what the Australian public must think, going to the events and being swamped by the Asian contingent, where did all the old Australian scilons go they must think.

Anyone up for some ID'ing? I would understand if people are not familiar with the Asian contingent, but some Australia staff and public appear in some of the photos. Thankfully many of the photos are already ID'ed on Flickr! Here are a few not ID'd:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Why its Bevan Berry of talk-with-aaron-saxton fame! And does anyone know who is the person on the right presenting awards? Shes in tons of photos.
    [​IMG]
    This guy doesn't seem very happy to receive his award.
    [​IMG]
    heres a nice group photo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh god is that Wendy Honnor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another group shot, they all seem to be in this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    lots of pics from the 2008 patrons ball if anyone wants to have a deeper look
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ I particularly noticed there were a lot less people at the 2010 patrons ball.

Some other interesting stuff:

[​IMG]
    Looks like they have a real-time translation service setup at AOSH ANZO

[​IMG]
    Wow thats a bloody big org board, surely they cant have people on all those posts though?

Oooh and looky looky, looks like someone joined the SO (One is Patrick Chen, the photos owner), and allowed them to take pics! You don't get to see the billion year contract in Chinese every day...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, this appears to be The Intercontinental Sydney (hotel)

This is something I will be trying to figure out.

14. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

You're quite welcome . :D . Glad to help out.

You downloaded the whole 1,000+ photos? Bloody hell, and people call me a bit obsessed...

Org Watch over on OCMB has quite a few Sydney threads, for anyone not aware of it:

OCMB - Org Patrol - Australia & New Zealand

And a brand new section of Org Patrol was recently opened up, solely for Freewinds. Sponge managed to get this started.
    It's slowly starting to get populated with some of my earlier Freewinds stuff, much more to be added as time goes on and I start going back in time after getting recent stuff covered.

OCMB - Org Patrol - Freewinds

Zhent, the reason I bring up the Freewinds section of OCMB Org Patrol, I've noted recently quite a number of Taiwanese on the Freewinds,
    and I believe a number of the Asians in the more recent Freewinds photos are from Sydney, as well as Taiwan.

/ edit

Nothing whatsoever to do with scientology.
    Gratuitous photo of ANZO babe.
    One of the pleasant discoveries searching for scientology ANZO photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/calibre68/5203144355/sizes/l/in/photostream/

[​IMG]

15. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Man, we gotta get ourselves some Asian anons and put a stop to this.

16. OTBT

OTBT Patron Meritorious

Sydney, September 19, 2010

[​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aussie_careyann/5028828475/

/ edit

Is this the current Sydney Org? Or an old abandoned org, being replaced by an Ideal Org somewhere else in Sydney?

Sorry, I haven't kept up on the intricacies of Sydney scientology org building stuff.

17. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

It's the "Ideal org to be" - that is, once they find the millions to get it up to safety standards and THEN do the millions worth of renovations it needs just to bring it up to a decent building.

The obsession with weekly stats has seen this building descend into a dilapidated pigsty over the years since spending money on it has NEVER been a priority, not even for vital maintenance.

18. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I've added bits in blue for ya!

19. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Yeah I have seen Org Watch (I even have an OCMB account!), unfortunately the place is pretty dead, and I have already read all the old Sydney threads. (And then started my own on ESMB).

I am aware of the ANZO-Taiwan-Freewinds thing, and I have seen some other pic sets and data relating to this. I really don't know what to do with this info though...

Thats Sydney org, which Scientology have owned and used since 1980. However currently its empty as its suppose to be 'upgraded to ideal'. Scientology Sydney currently resides in a backstreet warehouse in Surry Hills while this [never] happens.

EDIT: Thanks Scooter! Good spotting there, especially with Carly - somehow missed her.

Very nice! That makes more sense, I was thinking 'well surely all those labels couldn't be real people'. That picture is from just over a year ago as well BTW (Maiden Voyage 2009).

20. Feral

Feral Rogue male

The lady in photo no. 3 and 4 is Simone Jefford (now remarried with another name) That fellow in photo 4 does not look happy, he's got that *WTF?* look.

That's her again singing with Len Collens. He owns Princeton property group now but was a professional singer in the UK many moons ago. His wife Caroline Collens is next to the lovely Wendy Honnor in photo 8, second from the left is Churlia Wurfel who forget to wear her religious freedom medal.

After the fancy dress photos there is a picture with Ian Greenslade in the center, he's one of the best auditors that ever lived. In the same photo you can dee Carly Crutchfield at the back on the left.

Two down from that is Harry Crawford he was sent to Canberra to observe us when we were lobbyung the Senate for an Inquiry, his wife is on the left and Mary Szental on the right, she ran the Leichhardt mission.

In one of the last photos that's Pat Malloy in an SO dress uniform, confused about that, I thought he was on garrison crew because they were having a kid.

The last photo is Shane Brockdoff, formerly the senior C/S ANZO and Carmel Underwoods famous reverse auditor swearing in two new SO members. A very sad photo indeed.

Sorry if I've laid this out in a cumbersome way.