ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Sydney protests having an effect

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ttamaad, Jan 20, 2009.

1. ttamaad

ttamaad Silver Meritorious Patron

2. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Great news.
    All the "church" could muster was 600 signatures. :D
    There should be at least a quarter million Scientologists in Australia.:whistling:

3. Lucretia

Lucretia Patron with Honors

I like the bit about "toxic emmissions" emanating from the church!!!

And it's brilliant that Anon is having such an effect of the "security" of the area.

And, as usual:

"The president of the church, Vicki Dunstan, said the residents' claims were "extremely vindictive and untrue"."

Gawd here we go again. SP's out of control in every direction! Why do they always have to put this spin on every bit of opposition - I know actually, but it really gets up my nose.

But... great article!

P.S. haven't we established that there are about 2500 $cns in Oz? I wonder how many people signed twice!

4. Nurse Pinch

Nurse Pinch Patron with Honors

600 signatures

Do 600 Scio's really warrant the addition of another 4 floors in addition to the 5 or so they look like they already have?

So, with 600 sigs, lets take out 150 for the day and fdn staff and their families and kids. Another 150 for the SO in the the CLO and the local AO, and you are left with 300 sigs. If we assume 200 of those are AO public, you are left with maybe 100 Scio's. With nine floors, thats 11 Scios per floor- assuming they all turned up on the same day, which will never happen. What a bucket of FAIL.

Just another white elephant.

I wonder how many sigs Anon could get in like 2 hours? (they already have 300 from the building next door)

I kind of hope they get the ok to build it, because the sight of an empty building that cost countless millions might be enough to get through to the remaining Scio's the stupidity of their Church's management, and the lies they are willing to tell to get their money.

Pinchy.

5. ScudMuffin

ScudMuffin Silver Meritorious Patron

Something to do with methane I believe

6. byte301

byte301 Crusader

It's all those touch assists...Pull my fing...oh shit..FEEL my finger, thank you!

7. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

woohoo

Woohoo !
    Anon = Security Risk

8. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

Somebody should should ask the president of the church, Vicki, if she would like some cheese with that whine.

9. DCAnon

DCAnon Silver Meritorious Patron

Or how many aren't really Australian?

10. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

I'm willing to bet that the current Developement Application for alterations to the Castlereagh Street CofS will NEVER be approved by Sydney Council.

It's a perfect example of the completely unreal "expectations" of CofS management.

I suspect that they already know this and the only real purpose for this Ideal Org fiasco seems to be scamming further donations from an already beleaguered Field.

11. Feral

Feral Rogue male

This is likely to be completely correct. The Herald stated that it was a $12mil job now. The actual target, nature and size of the job has changed so many times I've forgotten how much they have raised and how much of that is actually in as opposed to pledged.

$12 mil sounds very unlikely to achieve, I'd guess $3mil would be nigh on impossible at this stage.

12. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Interesting inflation there - I'm sure it was a total of $9 million needed initially.

Or do they now have a lot of legal bills and refunds to cover ? :D

13. Lucretia

Agreed. But hey, only $20K required of every man, woman and unborn babe who were signatories to the petition. Just "make it go right" guys and there'll be enough left for beer and cheese to open the place.

14. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

15. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

:lol: You made me smile, Lucretia.

Most of the signatories probably couldn't find $20 without cutting down on life-essentials!

Orders Of Magnitude! :D

16. Roberto

Roberto Patron

12 payers

There were only about 12 at the scis latest banquet where they were to hear "what we are up against"....so I guess that will be $1,000,000 each thank you! Ching! ching!

Talk about unreal...and just looking at the building you know that adding further stories on the top is not even a starter structurally without rebuilding from the ground up!

It won't happen...its another fraud!!!

17. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

18. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Roberto!

Quote from Article:

I love, love this quote!!! Sounds like the neighborhood has been subjected to the churchs "reach" for a little too long!!!!

19. Lucretia

Welcome Roberto.

When we were given the deal on Adelaide's new org - only $10 mill between 6 of us and that was over 2 years ago, we were also told that everyone who worked on the building had to be members of WISE. Oh, for God's sake!!!! Unreal expectations? $cns have no idea - none.

20. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using this situation as an example of how they are facing suppression on the 3rd Dynamic and now ‘their public’ absolutely have to back them up and make this happen despite all the counter intention and attacks from the SPs.

So, not only do they have to pay for the renos (which will never happen), but they have to pay for the investigations and legal work as well. And since this has to be all “hush-hush”, they will never reveal how much has been spent.
    About 3 years ago, I was told that there was a team of around 20 lawyers “working round the clock to secure religious recognition for the UK” and they needed me to buy services to help pay for it right now. Of course we are still waiting for the recognition and given what I heard from the Charities Commission when I contacted them recently, they’ve got a very long wait in front of them.

Sounds like yet another bottomless money-pit to satisfy the ego of Miscavige so that he can brag about all that ‘Global Expansion’.

Axiom142