ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

TEXAS JUDGE DENIES SCIENTOLOGY’S ‘ANTI-SLAPP’ MOTION IN RATHBUN SUIT

Discussion in 'Monique Rathbun' started by Emma, Mar 14, 2014.

1. koki

koki Silver Meritorious Patron

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Beeerli intarlesting!

3. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

That TonyO article ^^^ is a must read

Counsillor Leslie Hyman is rocking this case!

yep, ya gotta read it :happydance:

4. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I get your meaning, koki.

But with respect, Ms. Hyman is not a girl. She's a mature professional woman and a partner in the law firm of Pulman, Cappuccio.

http://www.pulmanlaw.com/attorneys/leslie-hyman.php

She's very smart, very well educated, and highly experienced, and she's schooling the Jefferson brothers down in the Texas 433rd Judicial District Court.

TG1

5. koki

that was ,with respect.... here in Bulgravia... when we meet nice lady who knows how to do a job.... we say : " what a girl!!" :yes:

6. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't think he would ever show up - can you imagine the "restimulation" he would feel? Oh - that is right - he doesn't feel! Non the less - he will never show up - they will have to force him and this could be the most exciting thing for us to watch!

7. Wants2Talk

Wants2Talk Silver Meritorious Patron

A subpoena is enforceable (en-FORCE-able). If he is summoned by the court, and fails to appear, then the judge may issue a warrant for his arrest. If he does not surrender to the court, he will be a fugitive. I believe Ron went a fugitive route. Correct me if I am mistaken.

8. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Comments from the Bunker:
    http://tonyortega.org/2014/03/18/do...scientology-to-stop-the-miscavige-deposition/

9. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

We have a saying too. It goes: "stop digging, you're deep enough already".

:coolwink:

10. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm looking forward to His Holiness Pope David appearing in court.

I wonder if he'll swear on the Bible or a copy of Dianetics?:biggrin:

11. koki

that is another....
    we say : " Lady, NOW Iam full..." :biggrin:

12. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

I like it. :biggrin:

13. suspiciousperson

suspiciousperson Patron with Honors

What are scientology's liquid - or indeed shortly realisiable - assets?

I see no reason that they shouldn't go for 25% of that. Miscavige being a sociopath (it would seem) he's perfectly prepared to throw the COS under a bus to save himself. While it is objectively ridiculous, out of proportion, and almost silly, I say put the absolute line at $100 million. They would never, ever get anything like that at court (at least after the appeal against the US jury - why exactly is it you chaps have them for civil cases again? At the very best they can do almost as well as a judge) but I really just don't think that's the mindset you need to approach this with. You need to treat it like something completely different to a court case.

Explicitly put, the Rathbuns need to be very, very, VERY - frankly unrealistically - greedy imo.

As for the idea of starting a trust for other victims, fuck that. Callously speaking, said victims could have sued too, heck they could sue now and take on some of the risk but they don't seem to be.

And the Rathbuns have a child now, and for all I know more to come. That changes perspective. They would be entirely justified in taking as much moolah as they can get. Remember, it's a payment to shut up and go away, not a compensation award. Surely you wouldn't argue that the starbucks in clearwater owes every ex scientologist thousands of dollars just cause it's taken "church" cash?

14. Magoo

Magoo Gold Meritorious Patron

I've posted for years:
    "Dave"...Tick Tock, Tick Tock: Time is on *our* side!
    ((And don't say I didn't warn ya))" :)

:roflmao:

T

15. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

But what should he wear?

16. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

The Emperor's New Clothes.

17. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

I am not an admirer of Marty R and would have nothing to say to him if we happened to be seated side by side on a transatlantic flight but my impression is that this case is not about money, it is about DM. Mosey is entitled to sue but she obviously would not do this without the approval and support of her husband.

It is even possible that Marty has been planning this case for a very long time. He has not exactly kept a low profile. How could DM resist this target?

I don't think [strike]Marty[/strike] Mosey will settle as long as there is a chance that the Dwarf can be destroyed. By perfectly legal means, of course. MR has probably been chortling for years (very quietly, in private).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  18. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

[​IMG]

19. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

It will go like this.

Chairman of the Lou will be seated. His lawyer Jefferson will be seated.

Jeffrey will be standing.

Chairman of the Lou will be sworn in.

The questioning will begin

Jeffrey: Will you please state...

Jefferson: OBJECTION!

Jeffrey: I haven't even finished the question yet.

Judge: Overuled

Jeffrey: Will you please state your name?

Jefferson: Objection!

Jeffrey: Now what?

Jefferson: Your honor, my client is the head of a Church with millions of members and Mr. Jeffrey has the audacity to ask him for his name like he is just anybody off the street.

Judge: Overruled

Jeffrey: May we continue? Your name please.

Chairman of the Lou: Da...

Jeffrey: Again?

Jefferson: My client's name is on Google and Google is hearsay.

Judge: Overuled

Jeffrey: Thank you. continue please.

Judge: We will have a short recess while I take up a discussion with Mr Jeffrey and Mr Jefferson in my office.

Chairman of the Lou: (whispers to Jefferson as he passes him by) Nice job. Keep up the great work.

Rd00

20. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

IMO, this case is exactly 0% about the money and 100% about destroying DM.