ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Clear Cognition ***Confidential***

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Dulloldfart, Mar 21, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

***CONFIDENTIAL*** ***CLEAR COGNITION***

I really don't know if this will mess up anyone's case if they are not "Clear", or what the state really means any more, if it even exists. However...

A couple of people have posted here recently saying the Clear Cog is realizing that "I mocked up my Reactive Mind." It isn't. It is realizing that "I am mocking up my Reactive Mind." It is completely different, completely. Completely.

"Mocking up" means doing it in present time, right now, continuously, repetitively, each instant as it goes by, bam, bam, bam, bam, Hubbard said 25 times a second in the famous 1963 Time Track HCOBs. It's not that one mocked it up once, like you had an accident ten years ago and made a picture of it (engram) at the time and you sort of carry that picture around with you ever after, having made it in the past. You are creating that picture in a new unit of time every instant POW POW POW POW POW, at least, you are when it is in restim to some extent.

Don't ask me the exact mechanics of this. It implies that Hubbard had it all right, and he didn't.

For some reason the difference between mocked it up in the past and mocking it up continuously in present time is hard for some people to grasp. I remember a Grad V guy I checked out on auditing the CCRD around 1993. He was "OT VIII." He had a cold, and look a real mess. After about an hour of trying to get him to see the difference - and I was a trained sup and knew about misunderstoods and earlier similar mis-u's and e/s subjects etc. - I finally "realized" that the reason he couldn't see it (and also why he was in such a mess case-wise) was because he wasn't personally Clear. Now I don't know at all, but I have had trouble with other people - who attested OT whatever in the CofS and were Class VI and so forth - not easily grasping the difference between having mocked it up PFFT! at some point in the past and mocking it up in present time now now now now now now now now now now now now now...

Get the idea? If not, I tried!

Paul

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Excellent title for the thread.

You will have 10,000 views before the day is out.

3. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I get it.

4. Dulloldfart

Great. Tried R3X yet?

Paul

5. Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Lesolee (Sith Lord) Patron Meritorious

Well obviously a Clear has erased his own reactive mind … :melodramatic:

Except we have Advanced Courses General Issue, Confidential "The State of Clear" represented as being for OTII students. 20 April 1967, revised 15 August 1971.

The signature is

Flag Adv. Courses Supervisor
    for
    Training and Services Aide
    for
    L. RON HUBBARD
    FOUNDER

It says …
    "What happens on the Clearing Course is that the individual himself becomes clear on the first dynamic. He himself becomes clear. He has separated out - cleared out and away from certain other complexities. It does not mean that he is without bank."

But of course that may have subsequently been cancelled as "not by LRH". :confused2:

Then we have a proper HCOB, 24 Sept 1978, revised 2 Oct 1980. CONFIDENTIAL, The State of Clear.

"A Clear has lost or erased the matter, energy, space and time connected to the thing called MIND. He has been cleared of the MASS, PICTURES, etc. in the bank or mind. It is a negative gain.

CLEAR COGNITION: CLEAR OCCURS WHEN ONE STOPS MOCKING UP
    BANK, OR REALIZES THAT HE IS MOCKING IT UP OR HAS BEEN MOCKING
    IT UP. THAT IS THE CLEAR COGNITION: THE REALIZATION THAT HE IS OR
    HAS BEEN MOCKING UP THE MASS AND PICTURES, ETC., THAT MAKE UP
    THE BANK.

When the person arrives at this realization he can then, of course, cease mocking up bank.

A Clear has perhaps not entirely lost the automaticity of mocking up mass. But at least he knows he’s putting it there and practice increases his general reality."

Hmm. Further down the page we have …

"The State of Clear . . . can be achieved prior to doing the Clearing Course. It can occur on Dianetic auditing, especially New Era Dianetics. Sometimes it has occurred on Goals Processing, and even on Objective Processes." :wtf:

So according to this lot you can go clear on objectives by realising that you ARE mocking it up. What bollocks. Unless you can actually stop the automaticity then you haven't really achieved anything. At least if you realised you HAD BEEN mocking it up and had now stopped that would be something. I would say this is all to do with having mocked it up in the past, forgotten that you had, and now doing it on an automaticity, unknowingly.

I just completed R6EW and I am not affected by seeing the Clear Cog. It is not going to affect things one little bit. Having people guessing the EP and "going clear" is just bollocks.

I liked the objective proofs like Dart's post concerning old OTVI completion by getting a postcard from someone you didn't normally comm with in a foreign country. Dart said that Capt Bill, Otto Roos and himself all passed this stringent old OTVI completion assignment. Now that is a proper attest.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  6. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Good post.

The CCRD references talk about past tense, you know that?

As in "I did it in the first place".

The odd part to me is walking in to Scn, a person is convinced of having a reactive mind, then realizes he doesnt. I guess the mechanics are beyond me on that.

Lemme go clay demo, re-M9 and False Data Strip and I will maybe let you know in a year what I figure out.

Of course, if I don't agree, will I be RPFed again?

:roflmao:

Sorry, I am not attempting to mock your thread.

I think I need a beating.... :unsure:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

My take on this, aside from witnessing the "I'm Clear"-mass frenzy amongst Scientologists in 1979/80, and having the opportunity to study a whole buncha PC folders of 'Dianetic Clears', and then reading David Mayo's insights into the PR and money-motivation behind Dianetic Clear, and Clear generally; and, yet, having audited people to states where they thought they must be "Clear" (we were in the Scientology milieu at he time), and having acknowledged "Clear," as a general name for a dramatically improved state; and, yet, having also witnessed (see #1) the "I'm Clear-mass frenzy" amongst Scientologists, I was of the impression that, yes, it's (present time) "mocking up" not "have mocked up," YET, "Mocking up my own reactive mind," (usually, at least) meant that once then person had erased his own (not his BTs, or the bodies, GE track, etc.) reactive Mind, or per 1979 Dianetic theory, had become "a keyed out Clear which was Clear," and NOW had to "mock it up" NOW, and "put it there" NOW in order to have some reactive mind, which meant - at that time PICTURES. So the person had to put something there - in session - and would have the cognition, "I'm mocking up these pictures," etc. since he's now Clear and nothing is appearing there automatically, since it was already erased in Dianetic auditing.

P.S. I remember the "Dianetic Clear Special Intensive," as being a series of leading/loaded questions - used to coax someone in deciding they're "Clear," so they can be sent "up lines." Or was that the "Clear Certainty Rundown"? I have a copy somewhere. It's a several page list asked of Dianetic Clears - and I think it was in the past tense...

8. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Next: OT is I am mocking up my own BTs.

9. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I am mocking up my own thetan

I am mocking up my "I"

I am mocking up my own mocking up

I am mocking up my own "my"

10. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

mocking up is my I

11. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

So ...

Your "clear cognition" clarification ASSUMES that until the point of having the "cognition," one has been in the past and still is in the present creating this thing called the "reactive mind."

I do understand the point being made between having done something in the past and continuing to do something in the present, but ...

Is there a scientological term/ description/ "state of case" (or whatever) for those (people, spirits, entities, thetans -- whatever you wish to call them) who did not ever in the past and are not now in the present creating this thing?

a term for those who never participated in this activity and might even be surprised to find that such an activity (the activity of creating this thing called the "reactive mind," just so we're clear on what I mean) exists?

12. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

My first impression that they weren't getting it is because they were ignorant mo fos.:confused2: :D

13. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Natural Clear.

14. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Very Good!

Paul,

This is very good. Well done :yes:

Roger

15. Veda

Veda Sponsor

For Scientologists:

You've got yourself a con man for a guru, who gave you words, and phrases, with which you've gone into agreement, and then the con man guru, over the years, changed the meaning of those words and phrases, sometimes in a very careless way, leaving loose ends, which Scientologists, trustingly, and also not wanting to interfere with their own floating needles and their progress "up" the "Bridge," rationalized or made harmonize for themselves, as in "What's true for you," and now you're (almost hypnotically) stuck with the words and phrases, not recognizing that the con man guru was primarily doing something else (Hidden Agenda, as in the concealed 1938 "real goal" statement, and the 1947 "I am their ruler" 'Affirmations'), and what you thought was the core of the subject was just the wrapper, was just a means to an end far different from what you had envisioned as the "other side of the Bridge," and that there really is no Scientology "Bridge" - as advertized.

16. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

Thought so.

Next questions:

Are "natural clears" as rare as scientology claims?

could it be that most of the "natural" clears do not end up in scientology because they don't have the need for it, thus they are never identified as such or counted?

are there other (than the usual scientology procedures) ways to identify a "natural" clear?

I'd be curious to know others' ideas about what are the identifying characteristics of a "natural" clear.

17. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hubbard came up with "natural Clear" as another way of moving people out of Missions, and "up lines" - preferably - to "Flag." It was quietly discontinued afterwards (when the LRH authorized looting of the Missions was completed). Nonetheless, since Hubbard said it, or wrote it, it now IS. Oy.

18. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I think the distinction between 'was mocking up' and 'am mocking up' highlights one of the basic errors of dianetics *and* Freudianism; that to 'see' something is to eliminate it.

The 'Clear Cog' is a common one (minus the deliberately exclusionary language) but, when it's all said and done the 'reactive mind' and the process of 'mocking up' are still tools for living, and, convincing onself that they're 'gone forever' is a disservice.

Zinj

19. Dulloldfart

Bea, are you referring to what Lesolee quoted above, or something else?

The quote shown talks about mocking it up as a continuing action, or having been mocking it up as a continuing action but now that continuing activity has ceased. This is different to an action occurring once at one point in the past.

Paul

20. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Olska, I'm unaware of any tools for recognition of this as a "state" in any practice. As an ability or skill, though, I think it's commonly recognized in Zen (for just seeing what is there, rather than adding to it or ignoring part of it) or even in the tripping community, as a "head" (that's where I first experienced it, on an acid trip, where I realized that I was creating my emotional state, over-reacting or not recognizing, etc.).