ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The ESMB Unpopular Opinions Thread

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Alanzo, Aug 15, 2019.

1. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

You go first. I'm too afraid to go first down that rabbit hole.

2. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

Pussy.

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

A troll is in the class of attention junkies.

So some attention junkies are trolls, some are not.

:smack:

Paul

tesseract likes this.
  4. Emma

Are you smacking my ass Paul?

5. He-man

Oh LARDYH! here we go.

Hi guys. My name is He-man and I'm an attention pussy.

6. Emma

FIFY :sulk:

7. He-man

Oh, god! I am bursting up!

Bill likes this.
  8. Dulloldfart

Um ....

Paul

9. Emma

Admit it. We are all opening up, holding hands and singing kumbaya. Admit your sinful ways.

10. Dulloldfart

Sorry, gotta dash out of the house and play bowls.

Paul

Emma likes this.
  11. Emma

With this dilettante attitude you will never be admitted to the Church of Jesus Potato.

12. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I don't like to talk about someone behind their back, and others here probably know him far better than I do, but HH always gave me the impression that he was a dude with business and other interests aplenty and was a very busy man. But at the same time he managed to find the time to write probably thousands of words here on ESMB every single day. Quite remarkable.

I wouldn't say his posts were ubiquitous though, he never posted on my Crow thread for instance - perhaps he just didn't like crows. :biggrin:

tesseract likes this.
  13. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I suppose some people enjoy attention more than others but if the intention is not to be hurtful and is just to make people laugh (while making a point) I don't see how that can possibly be called trolling.

Must dash now, not to play bowls though ... I have an urgent appointment with a surgeon to try and remove the splinters from my arse from sitting on this fence so determinedly.

:eek:

Type4_PTS likes this.
  14. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

I dunno. I got out of scn in 1981, but I only got here in 2012. I wasn't around in 2007-2009. Can't comment for lack of data.

I don't know if you're an attention junkie. If you dig the attention that's cool, we all like some of that. But you don't seem to be compulsively annoying people in order to get it.
    Scientology can help you with that. :D

15. Dulloldfart

-
    Yes, I sometimes thought that. Maybe it was his way of unwinding from the serious parts of his life.

Unlike some of us, who can just pretty much goof off all day (mainly thinking of Stratty and myself here).

Paul

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  16. Emma

Weren't you going bowling?

17. Emma

From my understanding HH is a very successful, highly intelligent person with a million things on the go at once. Busy people usually fit more in a day than a week of the lazy. I know this from experience (of being lazy).

18. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yeah, but my point was where the fuck did he find the time for the 'serious parts of his life', he always seemed to be churning out possibly tens of long and elaborate posts here every day. I'm not criticising the guy, I'm just intrigued that he found time for it all.

tesseract and Emma like this.
  19. Emma

I dunno. It can take me at least an hour to type a long, thought out, properly quoted, properly formatted post. Then I need a rest.

Bill likes this.
  20. He-man

The added bonus of working from home:

a) You don't have to wear trousers.
    b) You can do things and take breaks in your own time.