ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Event

Discussion in 'Leaks - Emails, Promo, Insider Info' started by Telepathetic, Mar 22, 2009.

1. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

As somebody somewhere pointed out already: They include the BTs in the members count. Remember: BTs read DMSMH with you... thus they qualify!

2. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

:roflmao: . . . . :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

^me^. . . . ^^^^^^^^^^ my BT's ^^^^^^^^^^^

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

You can laugh, but many believe this, that their BT buddies trained up and got auditing with them, and so are now in a great position to help others with their additional spiritual skills.

Others are more of the opinion that it was free service as they didn't pay anything, so good riddance to them when they were "gotten rid of" at OT3 or above, say.

And some don't even believe in BTs at all. :)

Paul

4. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

I never got to the BT part of my case (that's "parascientology" to me), so I guess I'm not qualified to comment on them. . . though I have read interesting things on here about people cogging as to having been one of LRH's BT's and such. It is an interesting idea to mull over.

What I was laughing about was the idea that they would be included in the "member count" by the CofS. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

-TL

5. Dulloldfart

That's fine. I don't mind offending people. I think the idea that all these little bits of wiggle one audits on OT3 are complete beings is INSANE. Maybe one or two, maybe, and yes, there are maybe a handful of spiritual guides who are entire beings who may have shared some of your training or auditing, but hundreds or thousands of the little buggers who got all of it, no way José.

Paul

6. Kha Khan

Kha Khan Patron Meritorious

OMG! You just revealed the EP of OT 9! How did you know?

At one time, we were all one of LRH's BT's. Indeed, we still are.

7. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

No at one time we have been all LRH. Then we split long time ago. But LRH remembers, that's why he can call himself "Source".

8. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :thumbsup:

9. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Just think of all that accumulated freeloader debt! :omg: You know dm's dreamin about it. He could buy Australia if he ever got paid.

10. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

More on number of Scientologists

I would like to comment on some of the points raised regarding the number of Scientologists. Nurse Pinch used the 13 million Jewish stat as a yardstick.
    I used to think along those lines as well. The USA has about 5.5 million Jews and if Scn had 10 million worldwide, about 5.5 million would be in the USA.

The Jewish people have 2 million alone in New York City and communities of over 400,000 in L.A. and Chicago. They have senators, congressmen, doctors, bankers, movie moguls, University professors, public performers and stars and of course LAWYERS readily visible throughout the U.S. The largest Scn claim I have heard for a city area is 40,000 in the L.A. area. Scn is well represented in movies and tv and there are a few lawyers and lots of chiropractors but their overall presence in U.S. society in general is a small fraction of that of the Jews. Also, I believe the Mormon's have about 5 million in the U.S.A. and are well represented in society.

Telepathic states that 30-40 staff at his old Org were awarded Lifetime IAS memberships. I've heard of that type of thing too. This is a good action! For the IAS membership card stat to acurately estimate the Scn population, every staff member should have an IAS card number so they are counted in.

FoTi mentions 100,000 in AOLA's Central Files when he was on staff. This corresponds with the types of numbers I was hearing when I was on staff and for years after that. AOLA serves a wide continental area including North America and South America so 100,000 in CF makes sense. The thing is that every Scn mailing list has to be adjusted downwards severly for deaths, people dropping out of Scientology, Suppressive Declares and then the biggest adjustment of all, the various permuations of a person's name.
    Lets say a person is named "Larry O'Brien". In his mail you would probably find things addressed to Larry O'Brien, Larry G. O'Brien, Larry O'Brian. Lawrence O'Brien and then maybe a mailer to his Dad Sean O'Brien who hates Scientology but once bought a book when Larry brought him to the Org. In this very typical case, there would be 5 names in CF when only one would suffice.
    lkwdblds

11. Hoodwinked

Hoodwinked Patron with Honors

OMG, was DM in Berlin at the time of the broken bones incident?!!:omg:

12. bobthesp

bobthesp Patron with Honors

Wow...finally at the end of the thread and now I can comment. If I can
    even remember what I wanted to say now.

First: KNN are you a pain in the ass across all your dynamics or just on here?
    The PR about lron is bull and everyone knows it, even the scilons. At least
    most of them.

Next the more I hear from TP the more I like him.

As for the number of members: Central Files would not reflect that at all.
    I was the Public Contact Secretary (PCS) at the Miami Org and I know beyond
    a shadow of a doubt that the New Names to Central Files Stat (NNCF) is a count
    of people that have purchased something from the org and includes the
    purchase of a $5 handbook booklet or even a $1 ancient paperback copy
    of DMSMH. It has nothing to do with 'members.' Also Miami had over 70K
    in its CF, but at the time we only serviced right around 200 people per week...
    the same 200 people every week with the exception of the revolving door
    of the new people in division 6.

Both of these stats were mine as PCS and a continuous controversy over
    their definitions. Me and the Public Executive Secretary (PES) were always being
    reported for falsifying these, as well as Number of Books Sold to Raw Public
    (NBSRaw). Their complete incompetence at defining their own stastics was
    what caused the events that eventually culminated in Michelle and I leaving
    (blowing). Thank Gawd!

The scn population should be counted as the number of current PAID
    memberships in the International Association of Scientologists (IAS) period.
    There is no other way to do it.

Miami was at that time one of the largest orgs in the world at 200 Bodies
    in the Shop (BIS) per week and the Kansas City org was one of the smallest
    at mayby 5 BIS. One could safely take an average of 50 BIS for each of the
    approx 150 orgs and you would have about 7,500 active scilons per week
    in all the clV orgs on the planet. Add a few hundred for all the Advanced
    orgs and say a thousand in all the missions and it still doesn't add up to

All that said and a few of my own arbitrary thoughts on the subject and I
    would bet there could not be more than 50,000 real scilons in the whole
    world.

13. Good twin

Good twin Floater

Yes Dean this is true.

However, paid members of the IAS is still a "padded" stat. Many of us here are paid members. :eyeroll: So the number of people who actually consider themselves Scientologists would be less. I like the way you averaged the BIS and just rolled in some numbers from the missions and AOs. I'm pretty sure this is far more acurate than what the Scilons are reporting.

GT

14. bobthesp

Yes GT. I would say you should cancel, but that would fall on def ears.
    They would never take your name off the list. I wonder how many
    lifetime members there are that aren't in anymore and do they take them off
    the list when they 'drop their bodies.'

btw congrats on the 4,000 mile stone.

15. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:goodposting: Dean!

and btw: He took his Post as 'PCS' seriously...Perverted Contact Sec..P**** Contact Sec...:whistling:

16. bobthesp

17. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

Thank you for your accurate and multilayered assessement :D

18. Dulloldfart

Yes there is. There are lots of ways of doing it. I wouldn't say any one of them is THE way to count it. As long as it is specified what is being considered as the criteria for Scientologistship then it doesn't matter at all.

Paul

19. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

Some time ago I checked how many Christians there are. And you know what? The SAME problems to quantify and qualify "Christian".

Is someone Christian who BELIEVES certain things?
    Is someone Christian who goes to Church every week?
    Is someone Christian who is baptized?
    Is someone Christian who defines HIMSELF as a Christian?
    Some definitions are quite inclusive and include approximately 160 million American adults -- over 70% of the population. Others are so restrictive that they might only include a few tens of thousands of adults (perhaps 0.02% of the total number of adults) in the U.S. as Christians.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chrdefnresp.htm

20. logrus

logrus Patron

An accurate way of counting

Not having ever been a scientologist I have a couple of questions re counting. I realize this would only work for for CoS itself, however at least it would mean that reliable numbers could exist.

Are these points correct?
    - If I understand correctly I would define an active scientologist as someone who is receiving auditing.
    - Everyone who is receiving auditing has their folders updated.
    - Folders are now electronic.
    - The folder system is centralized.

Therefore the number of active scientologists within any given year could be defined as a count of updated folders within that yet. Correct?

Does anyone know of anyone with access to their folder system? :wink2: