ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The latest news from Flag from an insider

Discussion in 'Leaks - Emails, Promo, Insider Info' started by dianaclass8, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

Well let me present this as a hypothetical.

If a man had impotency as a condition and something miraculous happened in auditing such that after a session his impotency was cured, I mean how could you fault the guy if he stopped at an adult store on his way back to the hotel and purchased a hot DVD and spent 1/2 the night doing a five knuckle shuffle numerous times. I mean give the guy a break.

By the way I am not implying that auditing can cure impotency.

Remember it was a hypothetical.

Rd00

2. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

Thanks for the correction on the amount for patron - it has been many years since I had anything to do with a reg.

3. olska

olska Silver Meritorious Patron

But ... but ... but ... for an on-purpose, gung-ho scientologist, ANY kind of "pleasure" IS an overt! :coolwink:

4. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

OT 7 on 6 month Sec Check: Yep that's it that's all on that masturbatory activity.

Sec Checker: Thank you, your needle is floating. How did you justify that overt?

OT 7 on 6 month Sec Check: I couldn't help it. The idea of applying a mere $50,000 to become a Patron got me so excited that I figured it was the greatest good that I perform the masturbatory act.

Sec Checker: Thank you, your needle is floating.

OT 7 on 6 monther Sec Check: Can I write a Success Story?

Rd00

5. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Sounds all perfectly "logical"...for a psychotic.

But it's all ok as L. Ron Hubbard :grouch: had a masturbation problem. Even his testicles hung too low.

Two Hung Low.

6. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

reminds me of an old quote

"Puritans were against dog fighting, not because of the harm to the dogs but because of the pleasure it brought the spectators"

and, of course, my favorite quote for Scientology (from T.H White Rex Quondam, Rexque Futurus)

"in the kingdom of the ants the motto is 'Anything not compulsory, is forbidden"

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Interesting point about escape as the hold that the cult has over people. It is really all about that isn't it? You can escape anything and everything that is uncomfortable. You have to escape the human condition in order to achieve that.

It all boils down to escapism. It may start as dealing with particular issues IN life but gets to be more and more pure escapism the higher up the "bridge" a person gets. Or so it seems.

8. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Re: The VOYEUR and the exhibitionist.

Auditor: "Tell me about that".
    Pre OT: "Well I was just dribling lubricant all over my .......(etc)....and then I
    started thinking about COB slowly picking up my PC file....it excited me,
    I was breathing faster now, and then I imagined the CS and DM both
    there together..they were talking about my "out ethics case"...that
    really turned me on, I was sweating...my hand was moving
    furiously, I could see that DM was very
    aroused now, he was feigning disgust for the sake of the CS, but actually, he was having just as much difficulty holding back as I was..................

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Five knuckle shuffle? First time I have heard that one!

10. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

I was one auditing OT7 and spotted a cluster of BT's having a orgy.
    Of course I wrote a knowlewdge report on it:yes:

11. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Seriously though what would be the purpose of giving young frustrated people a rule on not pleasuring themselves?

Total control. In case they think they can have any pleasure... they can not. Just to let them know that they belong to Dave, even their most private personal moment, every thing they have, every thought, every ejaculation, every glance at a cute pair of jeans every thing needs to be shared, and felt guilty about. That way you owe big time because you wasted five minutes of the day day dreaming about some pretty face.

This is extreme mind control. Guilt guilt guilt, and blackmail.

It's easy to joke about it but it's really evil.

Extreme religions often come up with the no wanking rule. What makes it worse from the cult is that all cult members believe in the power of the e meter for telling the truth. A Catholic priest might be embarrassed about bashing the Bishop, but he can lie without having to hold the cans.

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I can see no proof that the SO wasn't designed to cave good people in.

12. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

olska,

Great observation! Kind of makes you wonder about "Pain and Sex", doesn't it? I mean I would read that and never really get it but when you look at the treatment of the Sea Org and the more you go up the Bridge the whole sex deal becomes more and more "painful"...as does anything that gives pleasure.

Who is really controlling others with "Pain and Sex"? Can you say "L. Ron Hubbard"?

Have an art goal? That's off-purpose - I've even had this off-purpose thing twisted into being evil purpose because the high and mighty staff member foisted off their case on me via projection or something. Was told that the art goal was to gain fame and sex admiration and money. Huh? WTF?

Talk about inval, eval and wrong item indication and all that.

It's like you can't be doing Scientology validly unless you're in Total Sacrifice or something.

Theta, I tell ya'.

I suppose masturbation should be something to address if done excessively such as eating, working, drinking, sleeping, etc.

Other than that the point misses me or I miss it or whatever...

Plus, anything wrong with a person is a technical matter...meaning tech is the only thing that can handle it. Ethics is supposed to only exist to get the tech in...blah, blah, blah. Following that unless the PC is masturbating during session what's the point? If the tech works this would be handled just by doing auditing as a matter of course, again, what's the point?

13. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

This is how I see the whole sex and spirituality thing.

To start, for example, take the notion of "compassion". It seems that people who achieve "higher states of spiritual awarness" NATURALLY display compassion, and sort of have broken down the (imaginary) constraints of separation, thus are able to "love thy neighbor as thyself", or "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Such a person truly has extinguished all sense of "self" and feels with and as every other person! This IS a mystical experience. Some might call this delusional, BUT IF YOU ARE A SPIRITUAL BEING, who is actually "no thing", then ANY identification with any "thing" is abritrary. Why not identify with all others instead of this isolated body that you find yourself in close proximity to?

So, some people take the notion that if you ACT COMPASSIONATE, that you will thus come to be more "aware spiritually". That may or may not be true, at least not for everyone equally.

The same with sex. I can say this unequivocally. When I got my first MAJOR blow outs, key-outs, floating TAs, and exteriorizations with Scientology, back in the beginning, I was SO NOT IDENTIFIED WITH MY BODY OR MIND that I truly had NO INTEREST in sex. Now, I have always had a very exaggerated appreciation of feminine beauty, and have had a tendency to respond to it on an aesthetic and sexual level (I WANT SOME OF THAT). So, while having NO considerations about it, no value that I should or shouldn't be obsessed with sex, I simply found myself there, HAPPY, SERENE, QUIET INSIDE, THERE, but with absolutely no concern for sex. I interpret that to mean that I was so much non-identified with my body, that I wasn't determing MY INTEREST by the body flows and desires.

For weeks I would "go to sleep", yet be largely "aware" of my surroundings, NEVER dream, and be near but not "in" my body. I had no sensations of the body at all. I was aware of sounds in the environment, but I had no control or ability to "move about". No visual. It was very pleasant. To me it was better than just about any other experience of sleep I ever had.

I had no fixed ideas or notions that I should have less of an interest in sex if I was "exterior". But, I most surely did (have less interest). I had NO attention inward at all. I had no attention on the body at all. "I" felt "light", "bright" and "sparkly". All in a VERY GOOD WAY.

In a sense the "body" is just another "envirnoment", one that it surely "much closer", and one that most of us have no choice but to "react to".

My point is the same as with the notion of compassion. It seems to me, and it was very real to me, that when I was in a heightened "spiritual state", that I had no interest in sex. I really didn't even "respond" to beauty or aesthetics - I was OUT of the the whole thing almost completely. It felt VERY GOOD!!!!!!!! :confused2:

So, similarly, while it may be true (at least for some) that a lack of any interest in sex might go hand-in-hand with "heightened spiritual clarity and serenity", there is NO evidence that it will work reversely. Meaning that to "force" no sexual interest or activity will bring about a "heightened spiritual clarity and serenity".

I think that mistake can be found all throughout the history of religions and spiritual practices. Where some attribute that occurs NATURALLY along with some state of (higher) consciousness is thought to be able to work "reversely". But, what ends up usually happening is that one "suppresses" or "denies" the "lower" urge, basically "resisting it", and THAT ALWAYS exaggerates and causes the person to be even MORE the effect of that which he or she is suppressing!

Like how the 15th century Christian monks would whip themselves because of how the body blocked them from spiritual vision. But, it NEVER works in reverse. People with a heightened spiritual state may have no attention or concern with a body. But, trying not to have any concern for the body will not necessarily bring about the "heightened spiritual state".

I am not "judging" any of this. Simply trying to describe what happened to me, and what I have seen happen throughout history regarding "physical urges" as they relate to "spiritual advancement" in many different cultures and contexts.

Hubbard was right. When you make something "taboo", like masturbating, then it only becomes MORE "aberrative". THAT may be the (hidden actual) PURPOSE of such behavior by the Church of Scientology. Taboos enable control.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  14. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I wouldn't say that Scientologists don't feel pleasure or aren't supposed to. But eventually, their own feelings and wants take a backseat to the organization. That's plenty bad enough.

15. Voltaire's Child

My guess is that it's simply all about control. DM often flouts Hubbardite policy- not that Hubbard's policies are always fair (they often aren't)- but he has flouted policy, tech, you name it. It's all about exerting control. He doesn't care what Hubbard wrote or didn't write.

Now, the LOA thing I can understand. It's evil, yes, but as someone said earlier, it's so people don't take off. The patron and basic books thing, yes, keeps money coming in and public coming in. "Books make booms". Again, evil but I get why.

But the masturbation thing? Other than the "overt doth speak loudly" theory (which strikes me as being rather likely) I think it's GOT to be about control.

16. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

The no wanking policy ... that can create problems. Fortunately, I'm sure that DM will have a solution, for, say, a mere $1000 or so bux per hour, plus room, board, and airfare, you will be able to get a session with one of the "temple virgins" over at Flag. They will be taking your confessions in one of their special water bed confessional rooms. You will be examined by qual after the session to make sure your needle is floating. Of course, if you need special auditing equipment such as whips, special costumes, restraints such as handcuffs, etc. in order to reach your EP, that might require a specialty auditor and can command a higher "fixed donation."

Pete

17. GoNuclear

Yeah, right. Didn't you just increase the strength of your perscription eye glasses?

Pete

18. GoNuclear

You should PM me and make arrangements to give them my fone number. I would have fun with them. I out lasted my bill collector, Portfolio Recovery Associates. They were like the terminator, faithfully calling for almost 2 years, and I did all sorts of routines to confound their callers ... from various beavis and butthead stuff to my "You are calling a psychiatric abuse hotline that can only be reached by patients from within a mental institution. I understand that you really believe that you are a bill collector, so you need to work with me to get to the bottom of your delusions ... have you gone off your meds?" My last bill collector call I saw the number on caller ID, and I picked up the fone and waited for the bill collector to come on and ask for me, then I belched loudly into the fone. The gal said "I've heard better" and then hung up. That was the last of them.

Anyways, I want to take your Scientology calls. I will have fun with them. To me they will be nothing but an amusement.

Pete

19. Voltaire's Child

Uh oh.

20. GoNuclear

That is phuggen gross!

Pete