ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The most fundamental Flaw in scientology

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by MattD, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Love it! Best scientology phrase evar

2. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

...spiritual devolution...

Without Scientology, and without it NOW! NOW! NOW!, the thetan is in grave peril.

3. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I agree with this tremendously. I've often considered that the statements of "ethics are survival", "ethics are native to a thetan" and "a thetan can only survive" are in conflict - mirroring what you wrote.

The equal and imbalance is exactly what enantiodromia is all about. This theme has fascinated me all my life and that is the tendency for things to represent the very elements that they stand against.

The racially superior group manifesting everything undesirable in humanity.

Our money factually represents debt.

Education creating ignorance.

Health oriented industries creating disease.

The injustice in the legal system.

Someone once wrote here on ESMB that the closer you get to the epicenter of the Judeo-Christo Holy Land the more it looks like hell with war and barbed wire and guns and madness.

However my theory is that the less ego involved the more factual or truthful an enterprise is and the more ego involved the less factual or truthful an enterprise is.

This is the intrigue of Orwell's 1984.

This makes Scientology the ultimate reversal, IMHO, meaning that it is a government of the ego, by the ego and for the ego...the very entity that traditional spiritual enterprises seek to eliminate and Scientology considers itself "spiritual".

I was pleasantly surprised to read that very sentiment from Nibs in the 1983 Penthouse Interview (how nice it would've been if this were a 1984 interview!):

...then there is the whole 8008 concept that appears to be a rewording of "do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" or whatever...I probably got it Ron-way round.

4. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

:thumbsup: Great post. The OP is a good one too.

5. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

Boiling it down to the simple, the fundmental flaw with Scientology is that it doesn't work as stated ... that is, it doesn't produce clears or oatees. What it has become is another belief system. So now clams can argue with Hindus, Krishnuts, Moonies, etc. and it all comes down to "MY belief system is better than YOUR belief system!"

Pete

6. Dave95694

Dave95694 Silly Human

Balance.

The CoS never found it. Maybe the tipping point was '65 with ethics and OT3, or 70's with the rise of the Sea Org, or the 80's with the missions killed off and mass exodus, or the 90's and their last gasp, by the 2000's it had gone too far to recover. Now for most, it is just memories.

I learned a lot about people and my self in the experience.

Now I do this: https://www.dhamma.org/en-US/index

I wish you real peace and real happiness.

Cat's Squirrel likes this.
  7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

"The highest purpose in the universe is the creation of an effect." Axiom 10.

_____​

James Randi encountered a Scientologist at the earlier part of this video, and was interviewed briefly by a non-Scientologist toward the end (around 2:00), where he talks about Hubbard, Dianetics, and John Campbell. Randi knew Hubbard in the late 1940s.

"Hubbard was an evil man, and a willfully evil man. He knew what he was doing."

______

From Hubbard's 'Excalibur' letter of 1938:

Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' [any ideal] but just to survive... I turned the thing up [the
    "dynamic principle of existence: Survive!"], so it's up to me to survive in a big way.

Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note, or painted canvas or hard granite [or stainless steel&titanium, or convincing people that "LRH = Survival"]. Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal [hidden agenda] as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous.

It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt...

Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Genghis Khan, Napoleon, and Alexander were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen...

I can make Napoleon look like a punk...

From Hubbard's 1946 (to himself) 'Affirmations':

Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people
    and they are always pleased with what you write...

Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful.
    It hypnotizes people.
    It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler.

[​IMG]
    "I am not interested in wog morality...
    I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher." 1969

Hubbard designed his own fan club and his own monument to himself. What well meaning starry-eyed Scientologists believe is "Scientology" is just the window dressing.