ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The United Nations Sci-Fi event.

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Mest Lover, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

June 1989.

I was asked to help with an event at the United Nations building on the East side of NY.

I had never been there before and didn't know what I was being asked to do but it got me the hell out of hell's kitchen!
    HELL YAH Sir, I be doing dat!

Way cool, it was some Sci-Fi Hubbard contest event where a bunch of Sci-fi writers were talking and I think handing out an award. "Writers of the Future."

I worked with what seemed to be a videographing company who let me drive their car around to get stuff. I don't recall what it was I was getting but driving was good.

I remember the guy I was working with said they shoot blue jeans commercials.

On the day of the event held in a huge room I got to dress up in my fancy Sea Org costume and hang around looking important.

A few speakers I remember: Algys Budris, and Fredrik Pohl, and I am thinking Arthur Clarke was there but can't remember exactly. They gave me a book at the end of the event and I was invited up to what seemed to be a Cast party up in the adjacent UN Hotel building. Wow, that was nice too.

One of the things I remember was every place I went there I was asked questions and asked to help people just because they saw the Sea Org symbol on my belt buckle and thought I was an official UN somebody.

Drank a bunch of beer at the cast party, enjoyed my time out of CLO EUS and got a free book.

I still have the book, the belt buckle and the UN Security badge I was issued to be there.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

No.. Not Clarke.. He didn't like to travel much in his late years. He lived in Sri Lanka.. And The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology don't like him:
    It's quite possible that Larry Niven was there though. He's 'on the board' or a 'judge' there. (He's not into Scn at all other than that.. I hope!)

Here's a link to an old thread. Unfortunatly Scientology/Author Services has removed the video that the thread is about..
    CoS PR stinking up the place!

:hattip: