ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Three Years On.

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by Outethicsofficer, Apr 17, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Today we were going through some stuff we'd kept for reasons best known to god and the wind devils and we found some correspondence that was sent at to me at the time we were finding our feet and negotiating what for us was a diffi-CULT time. It obviously was equally diffi-CULT for others too. At the time I received these I was tempted to post them but decided against it...then. I now have reread them and am amazed at the thinking so I thought; damn it I will post them and let them stand as testimony to the way of thinking that existed then and most likely exists now, and by the way not too long before the date on these letters I too would have had similar thinking.

The attached is quite a lengthy letter and you have my complete understanding if you decide to not chew through it. I think though it is a good example of a washed brain :biggrin:

Attached Files:

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

That certainly took me back to a time and a head-space I'm thankfully no longer in.:dizzy:

Phew!!!:mindblow:

Thankfully the numbers suffering from this malady are dwindling rapidly and our widespread vaccination program is making the vast majority of our populations cult-immune:happydance:

3. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

That is sickening.

How dare this person comment on your beautiful girl in that way!

Did he think she was a cofs chattel?

I feel stunned, its been a while since I read anything that reminds me so thoroughly of the way those people think (I mean don't think, but just blurt out the robotic party line).

He does say one thing (quite a few times in different ways) that I fully agree with ... that he is a nosy git and should mind his own business!

Phew ... scary stuff.​

4. Outethicsofficer

Yes Paul it does hey...I hope someone lurking will read these and get a glimpse of how one's thinking is altered when a Scientologist.

I have another which I may yet post, I am undecided on it...for now.

5. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Damn that letter is hard to read. I used to talk just like that. Most of us did. God we were barely human.

6. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Good God.

I actually did slog through the letter (quickly). It read like it could have been written several centuries ago in Salem, Massachusetts, by a woman who had appointed herself "Block Captain Against Witches" and would soon be screaming obscenities at her ex-friends as they burned alive in a bonfire.

I was surprised to see the letter signed by "Matt."

Good God.

TG1

7. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

Yeah, I slogged through it too, with lots of eye rolling and groaning at what crap we used to tolerate and then I got to the bit about the Class IX auditor visiting and saying it was the best org they had been to on the planet and I had to :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I've never been to Canberra Org but I'm pretty sure that an org with what, 2 maybe 3 staff members, doesn't qualify as the best org on the planet. But then again..... the less staff there is the closer it is to the perfect org.

8. Disinfected

Disinfected Patron Meritorious

Mmmm, Pancakes. House of Pancakes on Vermont?

9. Outethicsofficer

No Pancakes of Canberra.....also a scio run venture.

10. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

A veritable masterpiece of cult manipulation pretending to be a friendly letter from a caring friend.

Making this even more remarkable is that:

* Cult member's minds come from the manufacturer loaded with a ten million word Hubbard reference library--which they use to scan, piece together and regurgitate plausible-sounding "tech" platitudes to justify any horrific thing at all they happen to feel like doing to another human being. Then, these disturbing acts of malevolence are generously lathered in self-congratulatory virtues such as 'freedom', 'responsibility' and 'ethical'.

* The events and activities occurring in the mind of a standardly indoctrinated Scientologist are only occurring in the mind of a standardly indoctrinated Scientologist. There is no corresponding event actually taking place in what humans laughably call "reality". By way of example, when a Hubbard devotee "briefs" others on cosmic scale operations that are successfully "salvaging this sector" of the universe, a search in the real world only reveals a handful of nervous, dorky-and-desperate looking staff members wandering around on the street, failing to convince 99.9% of the scornful pedestrians to even accept one of their free introductory tickets.

* When a cult member is sinking in the quicksand of fail, it is a certainty that they will immediately begin to describe what they are doing, rather than do it. For example, on the final page of that letter, the originator (who has failed at every conceivable level of communication, resulting in this rambling and awful letter) proudly notes that they are "going into communication"-- instead of actually communicating.

"So I'm going into communication on the subject of what you're
    doing on the 3rd Dynamic, despite the fact that you've asked me
    not to question you on any of these things...Love, Matt."​

All con games have a "tell" that reveals the deception. A Scientologist's "tell" is literally that. They "tell" you what they are doing, instead of doing it.

11. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah! So damn hard to read but I made myself read it to remind myself of how grateful I am to be out of that madness.

Outethicsofficer, thank you for reminding me of how friggin' insane scientology is. I am so very grateful you are here and out of that madness.

Keep moving forward my friend. You're doing great! :)

12. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Lol "going into communication" sounds like a failed mission in the making ( 'Am putting on rubber communication suit and bio-hazzard gloves, attaching shooper-dooper communication attachments...'), mostly because, hm, aren't they already communicating via the (laughable) letter, lordy, sounds like a real mission into the unknown or something equally retarded :shrug:

Thanks for sharing this old stuff, am pretty sure its not much different than the new junk ~ 'We yo friend! Hope you well! Got money?'

:puke:

13. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

So, James, did you let Matt "know your thoughts on all this." ??? :biggrin:

14. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Ooooh, that got the blood pressure up this morning! Apart from the general vomitous nature of the language (and the ideas it framed), I particularly enjoyed these little statements --

-- that he missed Jordi's withholds when they met after she left the SO ...
    -- that a Flag Cl 9 told him that ACT org was one of the best she had ever seen ...

Yeah, I used to talk like that too, and had quite a bit of that sort of thing said to me. God knows why I ever found it persuasive. Maybe because it's just a wall of words that can rarely be knocked down by your average cultie.

Glad you guys are out, James.

15. pancakes?

this is a waffle

hold off the pure maple syrup and sweet creamery butter this strictly margarine and cheap pancake syrup

no, no, no...

"starving in some deep mystery like a man who is sure what is true..."

l. cohen

it was not thus back in the day. we audited. we flattened comm lags and cleared mu's. we disenturbulated theta and raised each other on the tone scale.

we laughed

we loved

we didn't waffle

16. still here

still here Patron with Honors

Dear OutEthicsOfficer,

How lucky were you - a letter!

In my time most letter regges were barely literate (it was not a desired post)

And it was the easiest of stat pushes imagineable, just get the letters out up!!!!!

Consequently most letters said: "Hello, not seen you for some time come in and get back on your bridge"

Seriously though - the one you have is awful - do tell did you respond and what with?

17. Boojuum

Boojuum Silver Meritorious Patron

Good point. Hubbard's tech is just like that again and again. Thanks.

18. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

I refused to put my kids anywhere near the church. Beyond that I lucked out and they never followed it. Thank god you got her out of there.

Missed withhold. What a bunch of BS. This brings back way too many attitudes and memories, all of which I am so well shed of.

19. GreyLensman

GreyLensman Silver Meritorious Patron

An awful lot of the letter is interior musings about how he's explained all of this to himself, and now he is gifting it to you as an understanding that you would have wanted him to give you if you weren't busy being not-him, a non-scientologist.

I can't remember how this ever made sense to me, I just remember that it all hung together briefly as a sensible lifestyle.

20. Outethicsofficer

Great post.

Thanks
    James