ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Today Show - Scientology defector breaks her silence - 090310

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Anonycat, Mar 9, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

3/9/10 TODAY SHOW on NBC

3/9/10 TODAY SHOW on NBC

2 Scientology Defectors speak tomorrow morning during the 7:30am half hour of the Today show on NBC.

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

One is Christie King Collbran from the NYT front-page story on Sunday. Maybe the other is her husband, but I'm not sure.

Paul

3. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Turn on the TIVO!

4. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

5. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Yep, and they'll be hit by a ton of bricks again tomorrow.

I "enjoyed".....thanks for link, Nozzie. :happydance:

6. Q: When do 4 snowballs rolling down a hill turn into an avalanche???

A: Today! [NY Times, Oz doc on Monday, Oz follow up on Tuesday, Today show today]

What can top this?

7. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

It could have been better but it's still a decisive blow to scio.

Unfortunately, Christie says she is still a scientologist and believes in the tek, but hopefully it's just a matter of time.

What a week.

8. Tigger

Tigger Patron Meritorious

Matt Laur clueless

Scientology defector breaks her silence on MSN Video
    http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/scientology-defector-breaks-her-silence/17ypdxipp

I just saw it. It was only the "Scientologist" Christie.....not her husband, the ex-Scientologist. She kept claiming several times she was a Scientologist and all the bad things were the fault of David Miscavige.

Laur also called Scientology a "religion" or "faith" and said it had millions of members., as if it were true.

I give it a 4.....no more.

Tigger

9. Tigger

Promo for Hubbard/$cientology?

On second thought, make that 4 a 2..... IMO...Any WOG, who knows little or nothing abut $cn. would conclude (from watching the show) that $cientology was a
    "big relilgion" which had been taken over by an evil man. Nothing wrong with the "religion", the "founder" or the "scriptuere"...

Tigger

10. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

and any Co$ person seeing it, sees a Scientologist, like themselves, talking about problems in the church.

NOT AN ENEMY, but being treated like an enemy by Anne Archer's kid.
    I'd stop and think if I was still in.

I can't imagine how tongue tied I'd be - being interviewed by Matt Lauer in front of millions of TV viewers. I would be too tongue tied to say a word. She showed good qualities of presence of mind and ability to talk to the points.

11. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Marty's camp gets 1 point. I think we're way ahead and I bet he's fit to be tied. :D

12. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

13. Tigger

Whose Shoes?

You, apparently, are walking in the shoes of a Scientologist, who might see it. I was walking in the shoes of an uninformed WOG who saw it.

Truth is truth....are there millions of Scientologists? Is David Miscavige solely responsible for all the evil? Is Scientology a "religion"? Was L. Ron Hubbard any better than Miscavige?

How many Scientologists do you think will actually see it? How many WOGS do you think saw it?

Tongue-tied? She didn't appear to be. She and Lauer got Rathbun's message across very well.

Tigger

14. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

GREAT interview and segment! :yes: I think it's all a great place to start from, ya know? Once scn's are questioning SOMETHING, be it DM, etc. then the ball will roll from there...they'll find out ALL sides, find the ex sites and go from there...

You know like that step-down patch system when ya quit smoking?

15. RebtGenius

RebtGenius Patron with Honors

I thought the interview was rather lackluster. She didn't offer many specifics and just made general allegations. Her argument that it's "all the fault of David Miscavige and upper management" seems rather weak given her lack of specific allegations of wrongdoing. Also, she seemed tongue-tied and appeared a bit restrained in answering Matt Lauer's questions. Rightly or wrongly, I felt like she was censoring herself, which contributed to a relatively flat interview.

The good news is that Tommy Davis managed to run his mouth and create more negative PR for the church with his weird and presumptuous assertions (e.g. she's a liar and definitely not a Scientologist).

REBTgenius

16. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

Any news coverage is a win to keep the public eye on it. And she got limited time.

17. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

18. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

19. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

Christie

Christie, Please get this message to her. Christie, I am local, ex-Scn,ex-SO.I am interested in helping you and your husband if you want help.Mike Henderson OT8, Cl.IV St. Petersburg Fl. I saw your interview today, and you on ABC Four Corners. My wife and I went through what you guys are going through. I want to tell you how we handled it.

20. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

Camp?

What is this Camp B/S? he who is the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    If you are my enemy,you would have me see my friend as an enemy, now wouldn't you? It's very, very simple.