ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tom Cruise has royally pissed off our veterans..

Discussion in 'Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes' started by Smurf, Nov 9, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

3. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

I was waiting for this to happen as soon as I read his Afghanistan comparison this morning. What a great foot nuke - just in time for Veteran's Day.

:drama:

4. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Oh thank you Tom!! Thank you for being...well....YOU!!

And thanks for expressing who you are....a dickhead. A Scientologist dickhead to boot.

5. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

In the "wog world", people actually understand orders of magnitude.

Wake up Tom!!!

6. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

He is soooo out of touch with reality. Even if it IS true (that the movies he's making are physically taxing) there is no threat to his life, no Taliban, no roadside bombs etc.

What a self important fruitcake.

7. Daisy

Daisy Patron with Honors

Well, what about all those times he has saved the world? Oh wait, those were just movies.

What an ego!

8. Tom is not making movies to feed his ego and line his pockets with cash, He is do it to save mankind

Okay sure the war his batshit crazy cult is fighting is imaginary, and yes the enemy his batshit crazy cult is fight doesn't exist, and of course that silly ass navy is fake, but other than that it's just like fighting terrorists in Afghanistan.

9. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Tom shows the world just how "at cause" OTs are, and how everyone should be like Him and become one.

:facepalm:

New leader of Anonymous?:roflmao:

10. aegerprimo

aegerprimo Summa Cum Laude

11. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Lone Star,

I wish you hadn't said that, because

I was about to say it!

12. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Tom Cruise

Born on the 4th of July

Died on the 8th of November

13. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

As much as Tom Cruise makes a mockery of our servicemen in Afghanistan, Scientology makes a mockery of religion.

14. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

Tom - I highly recommend you stay out of Dodger Stadium!:omg:

Just when you thought the biggest Bean in this galaxy can't make himself look any worse - he one-up's it!

15. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

I don't know if I should post this. About Afghanistan and my son. It is very painful to him and I now know the true reason why. Sometimes I wish idiots who know nothing of war would just keep their traps shut. Every Viet Nam vet I ever met has, and certainly the same for WWII and Korea vets. Actors pretend. They go bang bang and the bad guy falls or is "wounded" in precisely the place where it miraculously does not hurt so they can have a long monologue with themselves as they "bleed." Actors never saw their buddies blown to pieces. Actors never know the agony.

And yet we now have a new generation of boys who became men far too fast. I don't think I will ever see another movie again. The whole idea just makes me sick. I find I do not have the courage to say what my son's gf told my wife. So it will remain private.

16. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Patron Meritorious

I don't think any ones ever accused tom cruise of being very bright and this should cement that.

I'd be offended by the callousness of it but it's hard to take it seriously.

He wouldn't last a weekend being forward deployed in afghanistan,

As for actors who aren't brain washed douche nozzles? I'm a fan of http://www.ltdanband.com/

17. Deeana

Deeana Patron with Honors

Winston, My late husband was a combat Marine in Vietnam during the very worst of it (Tet Offensive) and at one of the very worst places - his unit was among the first in to liberate Khe Sanh. He went in as a young volunteer from a small town and came out as a permanently damaged old soul. Actually, despite a lifetime of PTSD he did pretty darn well. He got educated, worked all his life, raised a family. But the man had lasting problems, deep problems. No question about it. I'll just say that I was his third wife and that while he was in no way easy to live with, I loved him very, very much. And, thankfully, he knew it.

The horrendous experiences our soldiers undergo cannot be eradicated. And no, they don't all have the exact same experience. But there is enough horrific death, maiming, and permanent PTSD that NO ONE should be even attempting to compare their "job" to the experience of war.

My best to your son. Just be there for him. Also please tell his girlfriend that Vet Centers offer free counseling and will give "couples counseling" so the partner can learn how best to help the Vet. It helped, and in our case it was years later for him.

Tom Cruise is an idiot - an absolute idiot - to even THINK that his movie work in any way compares to COMBAT, let alone to have said it out loud during a deposition.

Perhaps it was a loved-one of a Vet who leaked the transcript of the Deposition. If it was, good on them!

18. Winston Smith

Winston Smith Flunked Scientology

Yeah there is a quiet bond among warriors. My brother in law was USMC Cpl in Viet Nam for 27 months, 66-69. He was an expert rifleman just like my son. The USMC is unequalled in training that way.

My son came back tough as hell. He looked fantastic, lean and strong as hell. He was lead driver of a platoon of LAVs and saw plenty of blood. The incident I cannot talk about is truly horrific, given that he was lead driver. It is why he wakes up crying, a big guy crying.

Cruise would not survive boot camp, school of infantry or advanced school of infantry. The grunts would kick the shit out of him.

I cannot likewise write what I am thinking, because Emma would either ban me or sanction me.

19. tetloj

tetloj Silver Meritorious Patron

Job share?

20. May God Bless your late Husband.

Khe Sang during Tet. Jesus.

The Anabaptist Jacques