ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tommy Davis Double-Hatted as IJC?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Dulloldfart, Apr 7, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Geir Isene just posted on his blog that Tommy was IJC. I said no he isn't.

He responded there today that he got confirmed from a trusted source that he is now double-hatted as the IJC – at least he was last year.

I find this almost impossible to believe. International PR and Senior HCO Int are very different parts of the command channels, not even in the same org. Although I still don't have a clue what Tommy's actual post is, or even if he has a named one other than "spokesman", which isn't on any SO org board. I note that Karin Pouw just put out a press release, so I assume she is still PR Aide OSA Int.

Does anyone have any more data on this?

Paul

2. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

IJC?

Tommy Davis?

Anne Archer's son?

No way! :omg: :laugh: :eyeroll:

3. TR'SIN

TR'SIN Patron with Honors

Mike Ellis is IJC

4. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

No 'data' per se, but, I doubt it seriously. As far as I know it's some 15-year-old kid over at the complex taking care of 'appeals' using e-mail.

What else does the 'hat' require?

Zinj

5. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

as the IJC really does nothing at all I have no doubt TD will be good at it

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Unless Mike Ellis BLEW? :omg: :drama:

7. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

Or was RPFed.

8. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

...RPF'd FOR blowing....

9. Dulloldfart

When I worked in the HGB I had some small contact with the area. Part of it is dealing with the huge flood of Comm Evs that routinely occur in every org, and also other Scn groups I imagine like WISE entities and so forth. Hundreds of the fuckers stacked from floor to ceiling. Back in the 90s they had them bar coded so they could keep track of them and I imagine they still do.

Someone, either at that echelon or senior to it, wants to Comm Ev some staff member. They're not allowed to just go ahead and do it, but have to get permission from IJC. So they write up a CSW. Maybe IJC approves it, maybe not. If it's rejected, then they have to keep track of the rejection so they can follow up on it. If it's approved, then they have to track it to make sure it gets done. Or if they decide to let it drop, then they have to track that. It's a humongous amount of admin.

Then there's all the guys who've been declared SP and think the right thing to do is stay with the CofS and work through it, the poor fools. More communications back and forth. Remember there is also the suppressive act listed on the issue about you can't sue anyone in a regular court of law until you have reported the details to IJC *and had a reply* (the issue says nothing about what the reply states).

If it were as simple as this, it would be bad enough. But you also have INSANE orders from uplines, people senior to IJC who can order him/her around, with no regard for whether those orders are per policy or not. Arbitrary city. So IJC has to do this balancing act, trying to follow policy that says one thing and orders that violate policy but have to be followed too. If someone in RTC wants a staff member toasted, then that staff member gets toasted, whatever the Comm Ev evidence shows or the Comm Ev members recommend. It is these arbitraries that make the job so hard.

There's probably a lot more to the post that I don't know about. I remember when DM issued an amnesty there was a program being run to get *everybody* to accept it including O/W write-ups, some 20-40,000 people. Try squeezing the enforcement (not just putting out an issue but real-world actions like phone calls and interviews to get people to actually do it and keep doing it until it was done) of that into your spare time!

Paul

10. Zinjifar

Anyway, the last time I'm aware of any 'communication' from an IJC it wasn't Mike Ellis and it certainly wasn't Tommy Davis :) Just some no-name kid. They gotta million of em :) (not literally; it's a job with inevitable bad indicators)

Zinj

11. Dulloldfart

There's one International Justice Chief, probably a D/IJC (deputy), and several Continental Justice Chiefs. All along with a bunch of other people in their offices. After I got declared I exchanged a couple of nice (really) letters with the CJC WUS in PAC. I wasn't important enough to rate a comm from IJC personally.

Paul

12. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

It seems well established that at the top the org board is no longer
    filled.

It seems well established that Tommy is still in good graces and public spokesperson. Dunno about Karin Pouw.

COS seems to be in meltdown.

i expect Tommy personally will also be in meltdown soon.

13. Zinjifar

Just to clarify, I'd have no truck with the IJC in any case, but, Mrs. Zinj, who has never spoken out against the 'Church' was declared for failing to stop *me* from speaking my mind. Including being disconnected from her children; not for what she has said, or anything I've said to them, but because she didn't stop me from expressing *my* opinion elsewhere.

While that might seem to violate 'policy' as given by Ron, we all know it doesn't :) Anyway, once they were able to admit that she was indeed 'declared' (which took years) and her only 'terminal' was the IJC (not any 'deputy') the person claiming to be that IJC was what sounded like a 15-year-old pimply faced kid who made it quite clear that shutting me up was her only salvation :)

No, I doubt it was Tommy Davis. I doubt the IJC is *anybody*, since it's a hat with a built in death.

Zinj

14. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

posted on WWP

15. Dulloldfart

Thanks, Zinj. I didn't realize that disconnection impacted your family too. Wow.

Paul

16. PeterMan

PeterMan Patron with Honors

17. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Yeah, Zinj. :blink: WOW! So....where's YOUR story at? :unsure:

18. Probably 20 million of them. It's the fastest growing post in the fstest growing religion.

The Anabaptist Jacques

19. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Somebody should change that Pokemon to: 'Tommymon' :p

20. Sam-osa

Sam-osa Patron

Hmmm, I must say, I have heard that he is also IJC too. But I am trying to remember who told me. I think I heard that a bit ago actually.

I will ponder this further.

Although, STD (spokesperson Tommy Davis) is probably the one telling people that he is double hatted as such.

Let me see what I can find out about this.