ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Tony Orterga finally reviews Marty's book

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Mimsey Borogrove, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

2. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Can't wait for Marty's response, lol!

3. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Skip Press weighs in:

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Two posts re. the review from the 'MartyWorld Tech' thread:

5. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

From a 1981 Clearwater Sun Article by none other than Richard Leiby, now of the Washington Post.

[​IMG]
    SOURCE LINK

From United States District Judge Leonie Brinkema from RTC vs Lerma LINK

regards,
    arnie lerma

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities
    Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I just read the entire review and, IMO, it was an pretty insightful review.

A few comments (some minor):

It was Hubbard who initiated the "rhythmic swing" of the needle (3 swings in other words) as the only valid definition for an FN. That was 1978. There's an entire thread on ESMB about this.

Sec Checks began in 1961 not 1965, and were used abusively by Hubbard, not only to make "round ball bearings" out of Scientologists, but to collect black-mailable information.

Rathbun really had no choice but to address the "Xenu problem" in the book, and Ortega, I think, does not fall for Rathbun's attempted PR "handling" of it. (At least not entirely.)

Ortega sees that Marty is "tap dancing" and - in effect - double talking, but is impressed with some of the book, in that, as he sees it, the book will be a breakthrough for about-to-be-out CofS Scientologists, etc.

Unfortunately, the book contains enough ambiguity and weasel-wording to create even more confusion in the minds of recent escapees from the CofS - and one more important point:

IMO, this book was also written to influence people like Tony Ortega, with, for example, such nonsense as "Incident 1" of OT 3 is a "metaphor."

I hope Ortega realizes that he, also, has been "targeted" for "handling."

Fortunately, I think Rathbun's "handling" of Ortega has been only slightly effective - but not completely ineffective. I would say it's about 80% ineffective. However, that 20% effective is a bit worrisome. (But not too worrisome. :))

As we know, Scientology fights long wars of attrition.

A 20% "handling" (of a "wog opinion leader") is still a "handling."

I wonder if Rathbun will publish this review on his blog?

And, to be optimistic, maybe Ortega's review will affect Rathbun in a way that Rathbun doesn't expect. Maybe it will nudge along his (stalled) "deprogramming."

Or, maybe Rathbun will simply become more clever, more slick, sneakier, and sharpen his use of angles and ploys. If so that would be a disappointment.

Time will tell.

7. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

And then, of course, there is The South Park Episode about XENU and Tom Cruise in the Closet..

[​IMG]

Click above to load a 36 Meg Real Media version, or put full url below into browser, enjoy!

http://www.lermanet.com/SPEpisode912TrappedintheCloset.rm

8. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks a bunch for puttin' this up, Mimsey. :thumbsup:

I read TO's Review today and, as usual, it's a well crafted, thoughtful and first class professional piece of work.:clap:

I also read some of the comments and was gonna make a comment here once someone put up a Thread about it that folks should read what Skip had to say.:yes:

I knew Skip in passing...a sure enough fine feller...and IMHO he's sure enough tellin' like it was and is.
    :coolwink:

Face:)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  9. Excellent Review

The entire body of Hubbard's material on Dianetics and Scientology from day one until present time, can be summed up in six words

"Let me see a motherfucking Clear."

10. TEoS

TEoS Patron with Honors

I can do it in two: Horse shit.

(I could do it in one, but I'm trying to be polite!)