ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured trepidatious

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by cowboy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Really happy to see you post here and am inclined to believe you.

By awarding Mayo status are you referring to his "tech hat" passed on from LRH? This is yet to have confirmation.

2. cowboy

cowboy Patron with Honors

Wow, it seems you've heard more than I. I can only say what I observed. I was in the room when the old man was told that his son had just died. I don't recall that there was a period of time when Q was in a coma. It may have been so, but I don't recall it. It was obviously a suicide. Quentin was on leave, and having some troubles with the church, and his father. The old man was shocked. Suprised. But he got on with his work in a very short time, with no further talk of it.

3. Veda

Veda Sponsor

David Mayo wrote his 'Harmonics of Clear' HCOB, which, effectively threw a monkey wrench in Hubbard's desire to have as may people as possible attest to Dianetic Clear, and move out of Missions and "up lines."

Hubbard, after "blowing up" at Mayo over that HCOB, seemed to let it slide.

Some time later, when David Mayo sided with the Mission holders - who were loyal to Hubbard, but in opposition to the CMO, which was secretly run by Hubbard - unbeknownst to the naive Mission Holders - Mayo's days were numbered.

He went the way of every other person who had worked closely with Hubbard, or had been Hubbard's auditor.

David Mayo ended up running around a tree in the desert, case supervised (at a distance) by Hubbard, and then finally blew.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. cowboy

No, I wasn't directly involved in that.

The buzz with the messengers? Doesn't it strike us all, in a moment like that, that the demi-god might not indeed be godly, but constrained to physical universe rules like us all? Would it be talked about? No. Of course not. None of the physical infirmities, insofar as their spiritual implications, which I witnessed in other situations, could be addressed in a straight forward manner, for to do so would remove the old man from his vaulted status.

5. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: False Anonymity

I highly resent this post, Terril.

You have no idea how much work and thought I have put into crafting my posts, how much I have held back and just how successful I have been in navigating the waters so far.:no:

You, Sir, may go fly a kite and stick it in your ear.

Peace. :yes:

Face:)

6. cowboy

Wow. Well thanks. Shucks.

There are things I too will never say about Hubbard. And there are reasons. Some good. Some personal.

Look, one thing I learned in the church is that people are going to believe what they are going to believe, irrespective of facts. A Scientologist reading this post, who is in good standing, may well nay say my observations as the rantings of a former confidante. Former Scientologists reading this have framed their own opinions. And what I may write that isn't real to them they will toss out. And what they agree with they will keep.

Some even doubt my experiences are based in fact.

It is very, very difficult to summarize a person's character, especially one so complex as that of Hubbard, in a few paragraphs. In this culture we all try to pigeonhole someone into neat categories of good and evil. Hubbard couldn't be categorized into categories as these in a black and white fashion. Some of his bad was worse than many would suspect, but some of his good could be very touching.

I don't come here with any axe to grind.

There are a few questions the answers to which stablized my life and set me on a new course.

We can all read the definitions of clear and OT. Throw out the hype, the fabricated success stories, the baloney. Has anyone ever achieved the loftiness described as the end product of those processes? Hubbard? No. And of course no one else has either.

What we all have experienced are "ah so" moments of realization on various things. The relief of a misunderstood being cleared up and the subject being easier to understand, a breakdown and better understanding of the fundamentals of communication. But has there ever been a clear? Not that I know of. Apply a healthy degree of skepticism, and a "show me the evidence" attitude and everything crashes down.

Hubbard believed in his religion. His information of failures of the tech to do what was promised were consistently hidden from him... though eventually moments of daring would occur when someone could have a candid talk, and the whole structure of scn technology would be re-evaluated.

I hope this gives a little insight.

7. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Face is an highly credible source, BB. More to the point, he is far and away a more reliable source than are you. You would be much better off if you did not seek to draw attention to your own deficiencies in this manner. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

8. cowboy

I have made absolutely no attempt to stay in touch with others I knew from that time, until deciding to explore this site.

9. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Ugh.

Terril, I like you a lot. I really do.

But, I find this kind of a slap in the face to some great posters.

I don't know of everyone's reasons for not posting their real names on ESMB. I don't post mine.

Is it because I'm afraid COS will know who I am? No. I've been posting to ARS, OCMB and ESMB for 12 years now. Lots of people know who I am. I have no doubt COS has known for at least a decade.

However, I need to keep my real name out of the search engines when it comes to Scientology stuff. For personal reasons. I work for a major Fortune 500 (more like in the top 50) very conservative corporation. This part of my life I don't need to come into that part of my life.

And I have family members who spend a lot of time on the internet. No way I want my 80 year old mom reading all of Lulu Belle's posts. You know?

People have their reasons for not being "out there". And if people who need their privacy aren't allowed their privacy, the they wouldn't post. And, as a result, we would lose an incredible amount of great information.

Those who post under their real names often have a lot of resentment towards those that don't. And, honestly, its understandable.

But, I wouldn't want to lose so many great people here because for whatever reason they can't at this point say who they are.

Let's just respect the fact that they have their reasons.

And let them have a voice.

10. cowboy

Why climb aboard here? Perhaps to shed a bit of clarity that could help you here more successfully move on with your lives. To perhaps give another viewpoint to someone thinking of entering the church, or of leaving it.

Perhaps it would be better to have left well enough alone. But if I can sway anyone to sweep away the dregs of ignorance, perhaps it will assuage the guilt of my work in Scn.

11. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

please don't go. :)

12. cowboy

See, who says you have to have Scn to have a realization?

13. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

I'd warrant he used some other liquid than ink to write that post, Face. :beer::cheers2::faint:

Mark A. Baker :eyeroll:

14. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

It is no secret I've never been admirer of yours in any way, shape, or form.

However my opinion of you just joined the Titanic.

That is about all I can post as should I post what I really thought of now you I'd get banned.

15. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Cowboy, a hearty welcome!

In your post above, re the dead people who knew about Hubbard's last will, are you referring specifically to Gene Denk and Annie Broeker -- and that Pat Broeker (still alive) will never speak and would not be believed?

Or are you saying Pat Broeker is also dead -- and that David Miscavige will never speak?

(I just want to understand what you've actually told us.)

Many thanks for coming here and sharing your information.

TG1

16. cowboy

I think I'm done. This isn't what I expected, and frankly, I probably shouldn't have said anything.

I've already apparently created bad will. I didn't post a few entries to receive attacks. Believe what I say or not, it doesn't matter.

I'll lurk I guess. And fade away.

17. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Please, please, please stay. Pretty please!

(please!)

TG1

18. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

There are people who would like to run you off from here. They do not want the truth told.

Please do not allow them to keep you saying whatever it is you feel inclined to post.

And, if you elect to drift away ? Thanks for what you contributed !

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  19. Krautfag

Krautfag Patron Meritorious

Please don't go. You obviously have some very interesting things to tell.

Please don't mind Terril, at times he drinks and then posts instead of the other way around and thus creates marvelous fuck-ups. I guess, I'll just fly over the channel tomorrow and throw some poo at him.

Seriously, I for one love to hear anything new about Hubbard as pretty much everything I hear supports my personal view of him. When you talked of his paranoia and the extend of it, I was just silently nodding my head here.
    You know, one common symptom of paranoia is that the patient feels like a gazillon of tiny insects is crawling all over his skin. BTs anyone?

20. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

It's an unfortunate fact of internet boards that whatever is said will likely piss off someone who will subsequently initiate attacks.

The data you have to share about early days is important. Please continue to share it and just let the personal remarks roll off.

Mark A. Baker