ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured trepidatious

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by cowboy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Re: False Anonymity

I'm not afraid of OSA.

I'm afraid of Google. :p

2. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Sometimes the truth hurts, but mostly it reaffirms and can heal and enlighten both yourself and others. Who and what do you harm depends on your own discretion I believe. If it should be potentially harm people in the here and now then some thoughtfulness would be in order, no? If its images, ideas, histories etc., hm, then maybe not so much?
    I don't think you have any worries about offending anyone around here, pretty sure most everything has been covered at one time or another, so try not ta fret :p
    Anyhow, I'm blatherin', I really wanted to say :welcome: Cowboy, you sound like ya have some good stories, and, well, yaknow :drama: :drama:

:cheers:

3. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you very much for what you have written here and please don't take it personally if the "children" squabble over your input.

What you said (above) resonates with me because it's why I continue to do to expose the toxic cult to the world. It costs me time and money but I feel I need to do my part in inoculating the unsuspecting against the unscrupulous. Simply because I was a part of that machine.

As Mac said, OSA would've undoubtedly worked out who you were but these days they have far far more pressing emergencies to attend to than to try to track down everyone who posts on a message board.

Please please continue - I like very much what you're saying.

4. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

5. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Lulu is spot on - there are many people who have many good reasons for posting anonymously but even if they have NO GOOD REASONS it does not matter. It is the choice of every person how they wish to post on here or on any other forum. The only real test is whether or not what they write makes any sense.

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Thank you, Cowboy. Your input is MUCH appreciated! :thumbsup:

7. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

cowboy,

Thanks for your posts.

There's a tool you can use on this board if you don't care for a particular person's comments or posts: "Add to ignore list"

(I'm not sayin' you do . . . but IF you do.)

Click the person's name and go to his/her profile. Button is there. You'll never see his/her posts ever again.

I have to admit, I've punched that button a couple times on this board. So what? Makes my stay more fun.

But there's hundreds more people I love to hear from and hear about and that's the most important thing. :thumbsup:

And that's the way it always is in life, isn't it. Internet world or in real life. :yes:

Just punch in an ignore or two, if you wish, and stick around.

It's really just too much fun around here and we'd hate to see you go so soon.

Just relax and get settled in. We're mostly just a friendly and fun bunch.

The party's just started I have a feeling. :happydance:

And I think it's gonna get a whole lot better. It's the times we're livin' in.

ILove2Lurk

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  8. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Total Freedom Layaway Payment Plan...

Terril, I am hopeful that the FZ will run that special promotion again that I unfortunately did not take advantage of last time. If so please let me know!

It was that one where they offered:

HALF-ETERNITY 50% OFF!

All things considered, this is a sensible and practical way to realize one-half of my OT abilities--with what I believe may be sufficient time (50% of forever) to learn to use said powers in order to earn money enough MEST money to buy the balance of my eternity.

9. cowboy

cowboy Patron with Honors

Thank you for your words.

For years subjects have been bantered and debated here, much more eloquently than anything I could say.

I have strong viewpoints, and perhaps they might come across as condescending, which they are not meant to be. A bunch of fleas on different parts of an elephant might not understand everything about that elephant.

Scn is an organization of layers, like an onion. Very, very few people understand the big picture.

Most staff members, and indeed public, enter Scn in the desire to help themselves and help others. Staff is willing to sacrifice much in the effort to make the world a better place. Of course this is no different than many religions.

Does any one of us know truly what Obama is? We read the newspaper accounts of his policies and intentions which have been laundered and sanitized and we may argue in agreement or disagreement with what we think he represents. But us lowly citizens don't really know him and his thoughts.

So too with Scn. Very little of what reached the public has much reality. It is cultivated, massaged, and framed to create an effect.... with truth flying out the window. Perhaps that is human nature.

Scn played upon our desires to do good, to help, to fulfill our noble goals. It found the fundemental flaw in human nature and exploited it.

I'm sure we're all familiar with the story of the King and his new clothes. There are many parallels. Who could step back and ask why is it that most clears from bygone days are long gone? Past SO member are many times the total number of SO members now active. Why? Why is it that there is no clear or OT that meets the definition of clear and OT?

Yet our desire to do good, to reach lofty levels of spiritual growth, blinded us to facts, that are so easily appreciated in retrospect.

10. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

cowboy,

So you're staying? Right?

:yes:

11. cowboy

thank you for the advice. I shall take you up on it.

12. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

cowboy - I hope you are still there.

For me, learning more about Hubbard is like learning more about man, life and even myself.

To take the life of Hubbard and get the true details of makes him a mortal and not a mythological figure.

Through his works, even though they were demonstrably taken from the works of others, I was introduced to a fantastic adventure that I am overall glad to have had, but wish I hadn't, if that makes sense.

I knew a couple, Harry and Harriet Ingraham who were with Ron in the early days. Indeed, they carried the Clearing film to the various 'orgs' in 1957. Harry was at D.C. org early on and was an early Dianeticist. He had an understanding, an acumen about his fellow man and an inner power that shone through his illuminated eyes that he shamelessly attributed to his experience with early processing and training.(I knew several folks like that). He and Harriet knew Ron in Phoenix and helped him move.

Later, in LA, Harry, to hear him tell it, actually clued Yvonne Gillham in on the Manor that is now CCI and told her the church should buy the property.

In 1974 Harriet went to the Flagship to see Ron. When she returned she told us the ship was off Portugal and she cried about Rons' condition compared to when she knew him earlier, but would not elaborate.

I think Hubbard was more than anything, human and subject to the same pitfalls and moments of brilliance. He probably did things out of malice, jealousy, greed, illogic, ego and pettiness, but also good will. So have I and I daresay many others on this board.

But he had that quality that kept people around him, like you, and following him, like me and again many others here.

There were spectacular wins had by myself and others; parlor tricks maybe but galvanizing to say the least. The trick at least partially is to realize that life is not a computer with a held down seven - its way more complex than that. Auditing cannot solve life as Hubbard claimed but could make it more bearable. Only death, apparently, solves life.

So please, help me to understand him better, the real Hubbard.

If none of these folks cared about Hubbard, then we wouldn't be having this thread.

And maybe we can keep it a thread where we can all learn something.

The whole truth will set us free, you can add to that greatly!

13. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Re: Total Freedom Layaway Payment Plan...

It used to kill me how Scientology regges would tell prospects, "don't worry about the money now, spend every penny that you have, because you will be SO MUCH MORE ABLE after you get the auditing, and you will THEN make SO MUCH MORE MONEY".

The Flag FSMs would run that line, and the "newest blown-out PCs" would be paraded around Flag ,and THEY would run that line.

Except it didn't always work out that way, did it?

Oh, that's right, I forgot, my bad, if it didn't work out that way it meant that YOU MUST have overts, or be PTS, or be a DB, or not be applying the tech, or be no-case gain, or be an SP. (deep sarcasm)

That Tubby HubTurd had an answer for EVERYTHING - and that is why the really hard-core Scio-weenies love it and stay with it - thus they don't have to think because Ron gave them ALL THE ANSWERS!!!! :duh:

They can walk around in their daze of "total certainty". :ohmy: :yes:

14. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Sure he's staying. Who could stay away from this rowdy, J & D, scathingly critical, tell-the-truth crew? :confused2:

15. cowboy

Yes, Lulu, at the risk of looking like i'm playing some rw game, which I'm not. Many of you spoke sincerely and I have trouble turning my back on that.

16. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Cowboy and Face,

Don't let Terril bother either of you. You know Cowboy when you posted earlier that all of the "tech" was BS and doesn't work as far as long term gains go? Well Terril is one of the few who still thinks it does work, and he loves LRH. He's a...well....I'm not going to break the forum rules here so I won't say what I'm thinking.

By all means stay and keep posting!! :yes:

17. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Well, I have found the auditing I had to have permanent benefits too, and I still think BB was off base in his remarks. :p

Mark A. Baker :coolwink:

18. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

WOW! As I write this there are 34 users browsing this thread. I don't remember the last time a thread was this popular...suffice to say that you have our attention, cowboy!

Thanks for posting that part about surveying the public and the next bridge step handling that button. That really helped. I had noticed that Hubbard was whatever direction the wind was blowing as far as public sentiment and opinion was but the tech? I never knew but pretty obvious once stated.

I know I can't get enough of these 1st person accounts so just one voice of dissent heck you're amongst friends here with 34 and counting watching.

19. cowboy

You so articulately voice the truth. It is amazing how well you sum up the complexity that was Hubbard.

That said, the harm done in the past, and continuing to be done now, negates, in my mind, the good.

There was also harm done that he didn't intend to be harmful.

As I've suggested, the lofty pedestal upon which he sat made discourse with him, if one had an opposing opinion, or bad news, extremely difficult. And thus his nature left him further and further out of touch.

But yes, you have tremendous insight.