ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Vancouver ex scientologists

Discussion in 'Life After Scientology' started by Cassabilly, Jul 9, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Cassabilly

Cassabilly New Member

sorry to put a post about looking for people, however I am doing a documentary about lives of people after leaving the church of scientology. Looking for anyone who would like to be apart of this. I'm looking for anyone who would be willing to share their stories on camera. Thank you for listening. feel free to ask questions

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

You should contact Gerry Armstrong. He's in Chilliwack, but, has spent much time in Vancouver and knows lots of people, as well as having a lot of information himself.

gerry@gerryarmstrong.org

Zinj

3. Cassabilly

Cassabilly New Member

Gerry

Thank you for that. I am already in contact with him but I would like to get more people involved. Any others??

4. Cassabilly

Cassabilly New Member

ex scientologists get to express on film

Still looking for a friend who will share their experiences good or bad. drop me a line. same information from initial post. just refreshing.

5. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

You may be underwhelmed by the response. This may be partially to do with the fact that the Church will use certain methods to identify individuals who post critical comments on forums such as these.

6. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

And the best one is to get them in front of a camera.

7. Cassabilly

Cassabilly New Member

I want people to ask me questions about who I am and what my school is involved with (film). I as well will not specify my name unless in private messages. I'm trying to expose, knowing the consequences, about what the church does after you leave. This is someones chance, if they feel they can, to speak about what has gone on. My school is Vancouver Film School, I will let you know that, which is acrossed the street from the Scientology building which I can not do research in there. They already dont like that i asked them questions.

8. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Well, certainly Gerry is your best bet as a contact to others, but, you could also talk to Fluffy here, who's nearby and may be able to help you.

Stacy Young also used to live nearby and has plenty of stories, but, most likely won't talk to you. Gerry might be able to help you get in touch.

Bear in mind that having a 'school video project' offer you a 'chance' isn't necessarilly the kind of 15-minutes-of-fame someone who's been at the target of the Cult will feel a need to 'jump' at :)

Zinj

9. Cassabilly

Cassabilly New Member

It would be very hard to discuss a subject that was personal and could be held against someone. I have already talked to a couple people who do not feel comfortable with this idea.. believe me, we could have picked any subject in the world. this is a compelling story to tell and we want to be the ones. Although, I'm not boasting just informing that we do have the chance to submit to film festivals if all goes well. This story is still in development and I really appreciate the help you have given me.

10. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

The way you present yourself here makes a lot of people very nervous.

It is clear that you are not very well educated in the subject, and are not really aware of the consequences of what you are asking of people here.

That adds up to lots of potential danger for the participants. And no one here wants to see a product from someone who does not know what they are talking about.

So while this subject may have some kind of "hipness" to it right now, that's no reason for just anyone to go and make a documentary on it.

You have to know what you are doing and what you are getting into.

And I don't think you do.

Very few people want to take the time and the risk to teach you what you are getting into.

11. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Sure.

I left CofS after they tried to coerce me into not posting to the internet.

I'm not Vancouver area, though, but not too far away- I'm in Seattle.

If you want to get in touch with me, that's fine.