What's new

Video for Operation Reconnect, input gratefully appreciated

Hello all :)

I am currently in the planning stages of a video that I will be posting on YouTube to coincide with Operation Reconnect on the 12th of April. It won't be anything too fancy, just a basic slideshow set to music, but I want to try and convey a message to Scientologists that their friends and family love and miss them and to encourage them to make contact with them.

In your opinions what would be the most effective content, ie words and imagery, to use in such a video? At the moment I am considering starting it off with the words..."Dear Scientologist let's put our differences aside for just one moment, I'm sure we can all agree that there is nothing more important than friends and family". I am also considering using various stock images of happy smiling families, grandparents with their grandchildren, groups of friends having fun and so on and saying "Your grandchildren, grandma, grandpa, mum, dad, son, daughter friends etc etc" miss you. Followed by a series of pictures of a telephone, mobile/cell phone, computer screen, pen and paper with the words "please just phone, txt, email, write them".

What do you think? Effective or not? What would you include in the video and how would you word it.

Thanking all in advance for any responses/ideas :)

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello all :)

I am currently in the planning stages of a video that I will be posting on YouTube to coincide with Operation Reconnect on the 12th of April. It won't be anything too fancy, just a basic slideshow set to music, but I want to try and convey a message to Scientologists that their friends and family love and miss them and to encourage them to make contact with them.

In your opinions what would be the most effective content, ie words and imagery, to use in such a video? At the moment I am considering starting it off with the words..."Dear Scientologist let's put our differences aside for just one moment, I'm sure we can all agree that there is nothing more important than friends and family". I am also considering using various stock images of happy smiling families, grandparents with their grandchildren, groups of friends having fun and so on and saying "Your grandchildren, grandma, grandpa, mum, dad, son, daughter friends etc etc" miss you. Followed by a series of pictures of a telephone, mobile/cell phone, computer screen, pen and paper with the words "please just phone, txt, email, write them".

What do you think? Effective or not? What would you include in the video and how would you word it.

I think that the scientologists who see it are not the ones disconnected from family and friends.

Your video will be PR to non scientologists, but basically not seen by scientologists.

alex

Oh that's a pity, I was sort of hoping if I tugged at the heartstrings hard enough maybe I could get through to at least one person and get them to contact a friend or family member they were disconnected from. :unsure:

On the otherhand you're right, it would be good PR. Show people that the people involved in Anonymous do actually care and we're not a cyber terrorist internet hate machine group of kids :thumbsup:

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh that's a pity, I was sort of hoping if I tugged at the heartstrings hard enough maybe I could get through to at least one person and get them to contact a friend or family member they were disconnected from. :unsure:

On the otherhand you're right, it would be good PR. Show people that the people involved in Anonymous do actually care and we're not a cyber terrorist internet hate machine group of kids :thumbsup:

My point was more along the lines of that the people who are disconnected (scientologists) are VERY unlikely to be on the internet watching youtube videos.

I am not faulting your message, but you have to realize that not everyone is as active on the internet as some of us.

And the people who are the most affected, those in the Sea Org, will definately not see your video. Not a one. (well maybe some one whos job it is to monitor the internet, but that person is probably hardened to it )

The rank and file public scientologist, (those not in the religious order called the sea org) would probably avoid watching anything about scientology or from anon so that they would not have to deal with the consequences in ethics later. It would be considered "being connected to a suppresive group or person).

You have to realize that people who are disconnected didnt just do it on a whim.

As the devils advocate so to speak, I have to say that with the potential audience being mostly non scientologists rather than practicing members, the video serves to demonize scientology.

Thats my imput, buzz killing as it is. Sorry.

Not saying dont do it, but trying to educate you on the bigger picture.

alex

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron

Yes, true, plus if even one Church member sees this and it changes his heart, it does create a small wave at least. Messages of love, appealing to the person's heart are effective, perhaps not always in a tangible way.

Do it.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
I have been wondering how to get Scns to look at alternative points of view and I haven't come up with any answers. In my own case I did not look at any thing related to Scn that was not definitely from the org for over 30 years. This despite the fact that I have been privately connected to the net from the early 90's.

Maybe either the message has to be dressed up as official Scn, (green on white???? and just slipped into the org?) or the message is so easy to see that it gets across instantly, before the Scio has a chance to block it out. I think this might be a way. I remember that the postcard thing even filtered down into our org, small and remote as it was (and still is). They were simple, instantly understandable and read almost before anyone had a chance not to read them. May be a picture of lrh in his last years with long hair and fingernails and a simple message um... - don't know, more creative minds than mine needed. Also if hundreds were sent to any one org on one day with lots of different messages - before management worked out some way to stop staff from seeing the stuff, then it might be effective. Also little bits of card are not so easy to keep track of, and they may end up all over the place.

I'm not good at creating this stuff but I would certainly download and print anything and shove it through my orgs letter box late at night!!!

I might have a go at writing a HCOPL - can't be too difficult!!!

Terril park

Sponsor

Follow your heart. :)

Below one of the sories from " Ex Scientology kids" website. May
help with inspiration.

http://www.exscientologykids.com/james1.html

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Here is why it seems almost impossible to talk with a veteran Scientologist associated with the Church of Scientology.

This is taken from a correspondence I had with a church member:

ME: Hi, _____, You are a lovely being and I enjoyed speaking with you
in the past. This will be the last time we communicate because I am
no longer a member of the Church of Scientology. I made
the "mistake" of reading the knowledge reports of the over one dozen
ex-members who worked very closely with David Miscavige and have come
out with stories of him being physically and verbally abusive to the
point of being what we call a Suppressive Personality. I will no
longer be flowing power to David Miscavige, and I hope the Tech can
be used to help him recover his true native state.

I love you,

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Here is her best effort to shame and blame me and overwhelm me with statistics:

"I'm not sure why you would believe the words of "ex-members". Even non-Scientologist religious scholars recognize that apostates cannot be trusted to be fully objective. And they don't even have the tech regarding overts, withholds, and justifications.

NOTE: She does not mention that people inducted into a cult cannot be trusted to be fully objective, no don't look there, lol.

http://www.neuereligion.de/ENG/Wilson/
That article was written by Brian Wilson, Ph.D. Emeritus Fellow,
Oxford University.

This one:
The Reliability of Apostate Testimony
Written by:
Lonnie D. Kliever, Ph.D.
Professor of Religious Studies
Southern Methodist University
http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/religious-experts/credible-
experts/the-reliability-of-apostate-testimony-about-new-religious-
movements/

At any rate, a true suppressive personality running Scientology would
have run it into the ground. There would not be expansion. There
would be unhappy, bitter, complaining staff. There would be empty
courserooms. There would be no completions. There would be no
auditing going on.

That's not what is happening in our churches.

Two weeks ago, my church
[what does she mean by "church"?] experienced the highest ever first service
starts since something like 1987. The courseroom is full. We are
busting out at the seams of our building - which used to seem roomy.
I can't wait to get to the new building.

Every single library in the US has had a donation of the basic books
of Scientology - the expection being two states (about 150 libraries
left to do).

We have had more and more people reaching for Scientology than ever.

[plainly she avoids any entheta news]

There have been more countries accepting Scientology as a bonafide
religion than ever before. This was all done while Miscavige has been
COB:

http://scientologytruth.googlepages.com/scientology-
recognizedinmanycountries
[this is the party line, of course]

I think you should study your PTS/SP materials again, and really,
REALLY clear your misunderstood words. Get Method 9 word clearing on
the materials. I think your understanding of the PTS/SP tech is just
not very clear, and it's just really vital that all of us can really
use that piece of technology.

If you actually think that your leaving Scientology is the best thing
to do, then the actual SPs - the ones that want to destabilize
Scientology and stop the progress of individual members - have
achieved their goal with you. They wanted you off the Bridge. You're
off it. Now you're trying to convince others to stop their progress
in Scientology, as well.
[no, that is not my goal. If progress is obtained in CofS I laud that person, I admire that person for overcoming the barriers, but I highly suspect that the "progress" is worth all the money, time, and frustration. Do you think I should tell her about the Freezone? Oh, no I'd probably get a CofS PR line about how squirrelly they are in the Freezone, ha.]

The characteristics of an SP are very clear. And the effects they
cause, as well. Stopping Scientology? Suppressive act. Expanding
Scientology? Not a suppressive act.
[I think she is equating expanding a real estate and PR presence as expansion, and, of course, she is not given the real stats. Good that the courseroom is full though. I predict it won't last long or lead to many true Clears and OTs.]

The current expansion of Scientology is the best indicator anyone could have that the church is not being run by an SP.

Please, re-read those materials. Listen to the lectures again. And
clear your words! ALL of them!
[Yes, maam, :). Oh, boy, now she is going to think I am a joker and degrader, it's a we win, you lose GPM.]"

I'm starting to feel a little wobbly, here, :conspiracy:

riptide

Patron with Honors

Anything put on YouTube that raises public awareness of this terrible abuse will be good for the public welfare, and, even if aimed at an audience that never shows up (the public Scientologist) it will still help. I suggest pictures of families that include the departed Scientologist if at all possible. I would photo-shop the picture to show a red jagged line between the disconnected Scientologist and their family members. The red jagged line would sort of represent the photo being ripped in such a way as to separate the Scientologist from their family.

Superimpose text with messages to the Scientologist from their family members while a voice-over reads the message. Include video footage of actual clips taken of family members if at all possible. There are very specific musical instruments and types of music that will elicit a predictable emotional response. Pianos, cellos, violins particularly.

Your idea is good and many more will be done as well.

Anything put on YouTube that raises public awareness of this terrible abuse will be good for the public welfare, and, even if aimed at an audience that never shows up (the public Scientologist) it will still help. I suggest pictures of families that include the departed Scientologist if at all possible. I would photo-shop the picture to show a red jagged line between the disconnected Scientologist and their family members. The red jagged line would sort of represent the photo being ripped in such a way as to separate the Scientologist from their family.

Superimpose text with messages to the Scientologist from their family members while a voice-over reads the message. Include video footage of actual clips taken of family members if at all possible. There are very specific musical instruments and types of music that will elicit a predictable emotional response. Pianos, cellos, violins particularly.

Your idea is good and many more will be done as well.

You have some really great ideas, unfortunately I'm not that talented in making videos :blush: If someone else wanted to take your ideas and work with them though that would be fantastic *hint hint fellow anons* :happydance:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'm starting to feel a little wobbly, here, :conspiracy:

Sorry love, that is exactly what can be expected, sadly.
There is no willingness to look, to listen, to observe. Just follow the party line with fear and trembling in case you too lose your salvation.

I used to think like that, I understand it.
Until a willingness to take that first step and admit there is something wrong somewhere comes, you are only gonna get more of the same. Or disconnection totally. :grouch:

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Here is my reply:

Dear _______,

I love you and find you a lovely being, and I wish you and your friends ever increasing levels of awareness and ability. I did process what you said to me and I can only restate that I hope that Mr. Miscavige gets all the love and helpful processing that he needs. Just because I refuse to flow power to him does not mean I do not care, and I do have excellent processes outside the Church of Scientology to handle not only my own case, but the case of others, and I am auditing others and getting 100% results with no red tags.

For you to get into my viewpoint on any level would jeopardize your future Bridge with the Church of Scientology, as you and I well know how that works, so I won't make any attempt to pull any stable datums away from you, and will only address your response to me.

I am free now to actively seek out any and all viewpoints without fears (4.0 on the Tone Scale), and I find that less of a PTS situation.

I am glad that the courseroom is full, and that people are truly happy, as you report. I just want people to be happy and be able to find their own truths for themselves. That, sadly, is not the goal of Mr. Miscavige at this point in his career. I am sure he had some good goals but he has too many restimulators and is refusing auditing.

As for ex-members, yes, you are right that there is a lot of HE&R, and one has to take that into account, as with anyone who has set someone up as an enemy. I'm a past life Clear (audited by Mr. Hubbard) and I can rise above all that bank and get to the truth, and that was the sole criteria for my last Doubt Formula -- the truth.

My purpose to write you was because we had some prior relationship and I did not want to have any withhold from you, and you did not really need to respond, nor do you need to communicate with me further. The tone of this letter is not to shame or blame or invalidate you, but to grant you your beingness and explain why I am being what I am being, and do what I am doing. You are free to accept or reject whatever data I present.

I have gained the freedom to love and care for anybody and everybody, because I have tech that works for anybody and everybody. These are some of the best days of my life. Will you grant them to me?

love,

Colleen"

Colleen, I would like to encourage you to make a video message of that and to post it on YouTube as a general message to all Scientologists. That was amazingly and beautiful expressed :)

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Gladly. I have to learn how to do that first, and I probably need some special equipment, and that voice dubbing thing, sounds like fun!!!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Gladly. I have to learn how to do that first, and I probably need some special equipment, and that voice dubbing thing, sounds like fun!!!

It's actually pretty simple, if you're just looking for simple :)

Easiest way would be to use a 'webcam', which you can pick up for < $20 on ebay and, which usually comes with simple software to do that kind of stuff.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I have been wondering how to get Scns to look at alternative points of view and I haven't come up with any answers.

It depends what your purpose is. If your purpose is to eliminate the CofS, say, then you can help do that by pointing out some things that DM is doing that are very non-LRH. That may be uncomfortable to a churchie, but should be somewhat acceptable, as long as the points you make are genuine ones and not weird interpretations.

Getting rid of DM would go a long way towards improving matters. Maybe he would bring down the whole rotten edifice with him.

Paul