ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

VIDEO of LRHBdayEvent2009

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by Aneley, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Aneley

Aneley Patron

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  2. outtech

outtech Patron with Honors

3. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

:nope: Not watching vid. :nope:

I ran out of Airsick bags....:ill:

But somebody gimme the Cliff Notes version! :drama:

4. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm watching it. . . got about 20 min. into it. Now I remember why I hated those events so much. I know what you mean about the airsick bags, Wisened One -- that's exactly the reaction that I'm getting.

-TL

5. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I managed an unrelenting push for at least 8 minutes. best I could do.

Something I didn't quite catch, about course rooms or something stretching across the diameter of the moon! Then 1 billion people on their comm lines.......!!

In the first minute or two there was the phrase

" An unrelenting push for eternity."

This struck me as very weird positioning. Effort on know to mystery scale.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I watched some more of it. Anonymous will have a ball doing some fact checking on that rush of figures.

One thing DM said was that the Basics were in 100% of various continents' lending libraries, I think. He also talked about academic libraries. The continents included US, CAN, UK, ANZO, S. America, (South?) Africa and the Middle East. So that phase of the library project is 100% done. The next cash cow is getting the basic book package in 50 other languages into libraries.

I'm not sure exactly what counts as done, but if you check the main public library of your city I would think it must include at least that library having a full set of Hubbard books. From Scooter's Basic Books Bonza Buggerup thread, that isn't the case, but feel free to check your local library. :)

Paul

7. Div6

Div6 Crusader

"The only way you can control people is to lie to them.." - LRH

L. RON HUBBARD lecturing, June 1952

8. Nurse Pinch

Nurse Pinch Patron with Honors

Wow, lots of bright lights, facts and figures too fast to compute with...

"confusion induction,
    n during hypnosis, a technique best used with very reserved, skeptical subjects to bring about a state of trance. Patients are bombarded with numerous vague and disturbing topics until they eventually stop trying to decipher the intent and subside into a relaxed state conducive to hypnosis.
    Jonas: Mosby's Dictionary of Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (c) 2005, Elsevier."

Pinchy.

9. Dulloldfart

I checked the Newcastle upon Tyne library system catalogue and it has 18 2007 Basics books listed, but it also says none of them (at least the 10 or so I checked) were in any of the branches, and not on loan either. I'll have to check what that means. Other authors in that catalogue had books in branches.

EDIT: I checked. The main City library has been being rebuilt for the past two or three years and will reopen mid-2009. The LRH books are packed up pending the reopening in June. Guess they haven't been so popular.

Paul

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  10. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

Good Post Pinchy -- That's exactly the state you end up in at those events. . . hour after hour of that stuff. I didn't think of that before but I sure remember going into "zombie mode" at those events. . .and just watching it I had to turn it off because I was manifesting the same thing.

:dizzy:TL

11. ILived1984!

ILived1984! Patron with Honors

Yeah, good one. No wonder I always fell asleep. Or it could of been sleep deprivation mixed with high influx of BS in a super gaudy presentation.

I forgot how completely cheesy these events are.

12. Dulloldfart

This stuff is pretty familiar to us exes, although there seemed to be more bombardment with big figures concerning places you may have heard of but probably won't visit soon. But what do the Anon people think of it all, who may never have seen a "proper" event like this in full?

Starting with the intro and then the stage setting. :)

Payul

13. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

he forgot to mention that if all lifestory lies if Elron were pasted togther they would reach from Davey's A..hole to the sun and back (before Tues. 14:00)

14. DCAnon

DCAnon Silver Meritorious Patron

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!! I was looking for something to research next, ahahahahahaha. Thank you DM, I'll enjoy picking this apart into little tiny pieces. :D

15. Dulloldfart

Great! You might want to list out one by one all the "facts" DM gives along with the time tag in the video. Then different people can give data on #97 or whatever. :)

Paul

16. holdemm

holdemm Patron

One minute into this crapfest, I felt like any second now the announcer would annouce DM come on down to play Price is Right.

I rewinded the video many times to get all those facts, wonder how many of the people in the crowd actually understood anything that DM said.

17. xseaorguk

xseaorguk Patron Meritorious

the obvious worldwide expansion (that we missed)

yes, and just because my or your local 'org' is pretty empty and deserted, that doesnt mean that its like that everywhere........or does it?

And just look at all those happy soldiers holding up their 'way to happiness' booklets.
    Probably just before they go and shoot somebody.

Its just like all the supposed 'OT's' and 'Clears' and their abilities that were boasted about.
    Funny I never met any of them. I dont think you did either.....

Yeah, its all just a load of hot air

18. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Yay! Thanks, DCA - it makes the rest of us exes puke to watch it.

By the way, I was not able to access the video. Do you have to "register" to see it? DOF? Anybody?

19. Dulloldfart

I couldn't download it from the first link, but I could watch it at the Megavideo link. If you've never used Megavideo before, it opens two windows and you have to close the Party Poker one. :). Plus it will only let you watch 72 minutes a day, or something, but that shouldn't be a problem here!

Paul

20. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

I watched the event (hey, where is part 2?). A very good event. Miscavige at his best. If you have never watched an event you should watch it.

For all Scientologists:
    • Printing gazillions of Way to Happiness booklets is irrelevant to making Clears.
    • The same applies to Sci-Fi books
    • Note also the concentration on non-US and non-EU countries
    • In case you didn't know: If you want to clear the planet in, letussay, 50 years you have to produce 500'000 Clears... DAILY. Giving away WTH booklets is completely irrelevant.
    • How come LRH figured out the perfect organization, yet the buildings are empty? How come he figured it all out and the only way you can survive is by
      • begging (pressure donations at events)
      • usury (unpayable prices)
      • slave pay
      • extreme pressure both for staff and publics
    • Most of the high numbers of books didn't stem from a real demand but from the translations into other languages
    • If the translations are as bad as before then the books are an overt product
    • Everyone with a lot of money can buy buildings. Or to be more accurate: Everyone with a lot of money can buy EMPTY buildings
    • Investing in buildings could be some way to prevent governments to easily seize money on bank accounts. Thus these buildings may not be "proof for expansion" but "preparation for collapse".
    • Beautiful places where they mess around with your mind are called... THETA TRAPS
    LRH about fundraising:
    Don't engage in "fund raising" or "selling postcards" or borrowing money. Just make more income with Scientology.... Every time I myself have sought to solve finance or personnel in other ways than Scientology I have lost out. So I can tell you from experience that Org solvency lies in More Scientology, not patented combs or fund raising Barbecues.
    HCOPL 24 feb 1964

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009