ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

VOICE EXCLUSIVE -- VH1'S Mimi Faust On Scientology

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by Smilla, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

VOICE EXCLUSIVE -- VH1'S Mimi Faust On Scientology: "At 13, They Told Me I Was a Freeloader"

"Oluremi "Mimi" Faust is one of the stars of VH1's popular show Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, which runs on Monday nights. A week ago, Mimi stunned the show's largely African-American audience when she revealed that she had been abandoned at 13 by her mother, who was a Scientologist.

With the help of our commenting community, we soon identified her mother, and then tracked down some people who had worked with her in Scientology's hardcore "Sea Org."

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_mimi_faust_vh1_lhhatl.php

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

My heart goes out to Mimi. What a strong lady to resist all that pressure, even as a child, and to survive by her wits from a young age. I'm glad she is now getting some counseling for the abandonment she experienced.

3. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I feel the same.