ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

We are Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Div6, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

It's never been nailed anywhere. Certainly not at #2. Various rankings tend to be 'local' as to place and changeable, but, it's almost always at #3 or higher.

Which is what's so silly about this comment.

The other comments make some kind of sense, as in the weirdness of high ranking for 'dangerous cult' for Scientology.org :)

Now, that takes some manipulation.

Zinj

2. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Pretty cool...

You people are wageing a positive war, you are empowering, you are fighting something bad. Thanks, and good lutz...

3. MessiahHunter

MessiahHunter Patron

Anonymous has thrown every ounce of energy and resource into this raid.

If we were to get bored of it, we would have gotten bored of it last week.

In fact, we've done the opposite. We are growing in numbers. This is the most epic even in Anonymous history... hell, in the history of the Internet... nothing else is even coming close. This is our Great War that will never be forgotten.

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Well I'm in London UK. I have VERY RARELY ever seen xenu.net not at no 2.
    Its there right now.

I understand your comments re nailed and local. I'm not being silly, just giving what I, where I am, see on the net. Note I have been an active poster and surfer of xenu.net for years.

Ask " Alert" for references. :)

Not up to speed on this below.

"The other comments make some kind of sense, as in the weirdness of high ranking for 'dangerous cult' for Scientology.org :)"

5. Zinjifar

Google dangerous cult still returns http://scientology.org as #1

It even does so with "dangerous cult"

That's pretty good :)

Zinj

6. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

Yes. I assumed when this all started that Scientology would act as the perfect foil for Anonymous. Scientology overreacts. Good luck against them. Follow the safety guidelines.

7. Zinjifar

Google rankings use mysterious algorithms to weigh and balance use of 'key words', links, even font size to determine what's the most appropriate result for any googler's 'search'.

Naturally, Scientology.org uses 'dangerous' a lot. After all, it *is* a Doomsday Cult :)

But, it almost never uses 'cult', although there are some few mentions in their 'Ask Dear Clamhead' who will always tell you that, no, Scientology is not a cult you freakin bigot!

And, it would *never* say 'Dangerous Cult' together, since 'cults' aren't dangerous; they're just misunderstood.

So, to get a #1 for a search for 'dangerous cult' that returns scientology.org is pretty weird :)

Xenu.net probably says 'dangerous cult' at least a few dozen times on thousands of pages. Scientology.org nowhere...

Zinj

8. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

This sort of seems to validate the info I said about google not being friendly to COS. Can't recall where I heard it though.

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

My spy network has just revealed that the Newspaper of Imperial College
    London had a front page article on the feb 10th picket of the new London org.

Apparently flyers were distributed in south Kensington, where the college and many of London's great museums are.

10. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

I heard that, too. Something about CofS trying to pressure Google to stop linking to Clambake because it violated copyright by posting OTIII stuff ...

11. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

No. Its not likely to come out anytime soon. Sorry. For many reasons. Partly personal, partly not.