ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What PAC Looks Like NAO...

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by FinallyFree, Apr 19, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

Here they are folks my photos from my daring drive around PAC Base this weekend....

Attached Files:

2. Div6

Div6 Crusader

???????????

Looks like a ghost town.

No staff or public in sight.

Must be "infiinite expansion"......:duh:

3. FinallyFree

It was very empty. I drove very slow and all I saw was 2 public in the entire PAC area - and they were headed to the canteen. I am not exaggerating. One of the main things I was looking out for was public, exec S.O. and then people I recognized.... that place is a serious ghost town.

Sorta made me happy considering how many Sat's and Sun's I had to be there.

4. Ex_SaintHill

Ex_SaintHill Patron with Honors

Did you make these pictures at 6 am, or is there really nothing going on?

5. FinallyFree

10:40am-ish......

6. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

WOW!! LOOK AT THE EXPANSION!!!

Thanks for the pics. Boy, bare naked....very bleak.....where are the people? No cars in the parking lot? I wonder if any would show up outside at lunch or dinner break? Or what it might look like in the morning when people are on their way to work, course or auditing? Would it still be as dead as this?

Is it this dead during the week or in the evenings?

I have or had a friend that lives right next to the org and is on lines at AOLA on the Solo Course......er, she was but then got put on the Basics. I'd ask her about it except that she disconnected from me a few months ago and I haven't heard anything from her since then. I would think if it was this obvious that she would cognite and I'd hear from her again.

I wonder how many staff members are left and what they do all day long if there's no public to service.

7. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

Physically the buildings look the same as they did in 2005 - the last time I was at Pac Base. At least they fixed the parking lot at LA Org. That was a serious pit.

Was it cold that day? I only remember the doors to AOLA being closed on seriously cold days or it it were raining or if they put the building in lock down or testing the lock down feature.

(Lock down is when some OT materials get past some security system, when it's not supposed to.)

8. FinallyFree

I think it was high 60's to low 70's, cool but humid. Overcast for sure. I saw three different S.O. members walking with full attention on their cell phone conversation, no security, a Fed Ex truck, a couple of S.O. walking from building to building. The LAD Parking lot is in a MUCH better condition than I have ever seen it, but was completely empty. I also noticed they added some landscaping to the parking lot which cuts down on available parking spaces.

The Sunset electronic scientology sign has been fixed up and actually looks very nice. It was always a struggle to keep all those damn individual light bulbs bought and installed. No matter WHAT effort was done LA Org NEVER managed to keep that sign properly lit. When I was on staff last I had heard rumors that an S.O. org was going to take over the responsibility of that sign - maybe that happened?

I saw not one person go into or come out of LA Org, ASHO or AOLA. It was dead and quiet - like I said previously, I saw two public in all of the PAC Base area and they were headed to the canteen.

9. namaste

namaste Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you for the photos.

Wow. It's been many years for me but it still brings back memories. The place was really bustling back then, practically 24/7.

It does look neater though. I get the idea that the name of the game now is real estate investment.

10. Chuckyeager

Chuckyeager Patron

WOW, nothings really changed in a very long time

WOW! looks like it did the day I left . . .. and that was a long time ago.

The LA org sign and the LA org parking lot are the only noticeable differences.

I seem to remember that when everyone was on course the streets could happen to be empty for short periods of time.

Is there an event coming up? My guess is no or the streets would at least have more SO traffic.

Or maybe the SO was pulling some all-nighters and they let them sleep in, you know, so they would be sessionable/in-rudes for there mandatory 4hrs of course that day . . . . lol

11. FinallyFree

:thumbsup: Yep! I am now interested in going there during the busiest hours and check em' out, I do have a job so I don't know how that will exactly play out. But I would like to check em' out on a Thursday throughout the day (you know the famous stat push day) and on a Friday - all day. Those used to be the busiest days for PAC when I was still around.

12. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Can't wait to see those pix.....

13. byte301

byte301 Crusader

In all the protest video's it's pretty much a ghost town. That would be understandable but even for flash raids there's no one around. I've heard the same about Flag.

They never know when anonymous is going to show up. :D

I'd like to see what it looks like when course is letting out. That would tell the story.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  14. FinallyFree

I will be back. Don't wanna say when tho. But pics will follow.

15. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

When Dean and I were there last summer, we saw that they were building some steel structure in the parking lot of L. A Org. What was/is that?

Also: Some suggestions as to the ghost town:

Maybe DM's put out some bulletin to: 'Let everyone sleep in' (including Public?) :unsure:

Or....MAYBE EVERYONE's inside (and walked there or were dropped off) BUSY BUSY BUSY on Course or in Session! :yes: that's it! :p

Or...MAYBE EVERYBODY QUIT!!!! :yes:

Sure looks dead, when's the last time it ever looked like that?

16. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

You should go at lunchtime, when ya go! :thumbsup:

17. Kathy (ImOut)

Kathy (ImOut) Gold Meritorious Patron

I'd say 6 or 7 PM M - F would be a telling pic. Or during lunch time.

But I can tell you, when I was getting auditing in 2004, even during lunch the place wasn't crowded like it was when I started at AOLA in 1987. In '87 the place was packed from when they opened to at least 10 PM. If you could find a seat in the HGC it was amazing. We used to be nice and actually take turns sitting while waiting for session. Now you have your pick of seat waiting in the HGC (at least in 2004) and even on the weekends it wasn't busy.

Well, at least they now how all these pretty orgs, even if they don't have the public to fill them.

18. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Silver Meritorious Patron

Some Comments + Invite

Since they repaved the street with bricks, disallowed parking, and took out the trees of some size,
    it always looks like a Ghost Town, like Div6 mentioned.
    The parked cars at least gave it some look of life.
    It sort of looks like the day after the bomb was dropped. :omg:

I have been invited to the L.A. Org Grand Re-opening.
    I guess the interior has been redone.
    Should I go ?

LRH says that when the tech is out people will "stay away in droves".That seems true.

What is NAO mean ?

19. AnonSunshine

AnonSunshine Patron with Honors

It is a ghost town every where. :happydance:
    People are looking the internet, searching and finding the truth rundown.
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

20. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

The boring "now," not even as interesting as the RTFN! version.

Paul