ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What's the LAMEST thing you ever heard at an org?

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by Thrak, Jun 18, 2008.

1. tookmeawhile

tookmeawhile Patron with Honors

Someone is writing on the boards and still claims to be in and trapped? Yeah, right.

2. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Even after completing a contract, policy "requires" that you recruit your replacement before you can leave.

3. Royal Prince Xenu

Royal Prince Xenu Trust the Psi Corps.

Unless you can read the IP how can you be sure this isn't someone taking the first tentative steps toward escape?

4. Aeval

Aeval Patron

One of the most ridiculous and infuriating things I have experienced:

I was 17 when I had completed my sup/auditor training. I came back to NO supervisor, and the ED supervising when she could, and when there were public students.

So in my rampage to slam tech in, I tried to get every staff student back on course, and was told "your job is to get public in, stop wasting everyone's time with staff students" when I showed the references on staff study, I was informed that I was not the staff supervisor, and I was now being assigned lower conditions for being off post.

WTF
    ________

Also, I was the Academy Chief Supervisor, also known as the Lead Supervisor, but had NO DofT, Tech Sec, Course Admin, Wordclearer... NOTHING.

So in my desperate attempt to DO EVERYTHING... I (as you can probably figure out) couldn't. AND (get this) was assigned conditions for everything in Dept 11...even though I was only the supervisor.

_________

Finally, we hired someone to be the Tech Sec, and she was an unintelligent, highly obese (and therefore smelled) country woman from Oklahoma. She obviously was untrained, and ended up ARC breaking more people that she got in, leaving me to somehow patch up the ARC broken people, AND be getting shit pay.

She of course got paied far more than me, cause she was an exec. :angry:

5. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

The Ultimate Servce Facsimile

This is an instance of the Ultimate Service Facsimile, complete abnegation of all responsiblity for doing anything to another individual, including murder. The same principle could be applied to the guy who turned around and made that comment. Someone could decide to run process R2-45 on him and before pulling the trigger the shooter could tell the guy that he pulled it in. There is no limit to how far this psycho type thinking could be taken.

The lamest thing I heard was from my old registrar at CCLA, Hector Carmona, who stated as fact that whatever sum of money you put into Scientology by buying services, you would very quickly get back four times that amount from unexpected sources. The concept was that flowing power to "theta" would generate more poser. Hector asserted that this was an absolute technical fact, not just conjecture.

A close second would be the rumor going around the Org that Ron had knocked at all the implant stations on Earth so that we would no longer have to go to the between lives implant stations on Mars before we picked up our next bodies.

Lakey

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  6. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember hearing both those things too!!! Though on the flow thing -- I was told that the universe would fill the vacuum -- that what I outflowed into Scientology would inflow to fill the vacuum. . . (not borne out in fact btw!); I never heard the 4x figure though.

But I was so relieved to know that LRH had taken out the implant stations and that my between lives restim was gone for good! :eyeroll:

7. lkwdblds

lkwdblds Crusader

Yes, I remember that fill the vacuum thing.

Now that you mention it, I also heard the "fill the vacuum" wording; most reges used that but maybe the four times claim was unique to Hector.

I thing the first time, I might have given Hector say $4,000 and I was working on a $16,000 sales and thought I had about a 50/50 chance of signing it. I did sign it and immediately got only $1,000 down. Hector asked me how it was going and I told him about the sale and he claimed that was proof he was right. I said, the entire sale was $16,000 but I'll only make $5,000 profit at the most if everything goes right. He said, the $16,000 sales was suggicient to prove him right.

8. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

When I finished OT3, I felt completely sure of who I was and what I wanted. I was absolutely sure I wanted to leave the SO and Scn permanently and never come back and I felt extraordinarily good about that. I ALMOST announced it as my win in AOLA reception.:happydance:

9. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

Hector? The reg from Celebrity Centre? I chaired a Comm Ev on him once. Didn't RPF him. I just couldn't RPF anybody.

10. TalleyWhacker

TalleyWhacker Patron with Honors

Oh, that would have gone over really well......what a nuclear bomb that would have been.