ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

What's the LAMEST thing you ever heard at an org?

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by Thrak, Jun 18, 2008.

1. byte301

byte301 Crusader

2. What's the LAMEST thing you ever heard at an org?

Louie Bellocci. (he would appreciate this joke)

The Anabaptist Jacques

3. sandygirl

sandygirl Silver Meritorious Patron

OMG There are sooooooooo many that I have to think.....

Well here is one creepy one. Typical staffers-no $$$$$, constant smokers, no health care, overwieght from living on noodles.They were quite a bit older and used up by the "church"

Anyways they announced she was pregnant!! No testing, no Dr. visits, etc. Now I didn't want to have ""ci" but it was quite obvious this woman was past her prime. She explained that her and her husband just "made the agreement" and "got in touch with a thetan"

Well guess what......no baby

It was really quite sad and pathetic. The church sucked all of their younger years and health away..........

4. FinallyMe

FinallyMe Silver Meritorious Patron

omG!

That's possibly the sickest, saddest thing yet!

5. uncle sam

uncle sam Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't get it???

Please explain the joke. What's -sort of funny- is that I spent more time listening to Louie than I desired. Several of my posts actually required that I deal with Louie- that joke was own me-thanks lrh.

6. In conversations with Louie he would sometimes say he was lame as a puchline. Or that he was a talking encyclopedia. Louie had a great sense of seeing himself from other viewpoints and laughing.

The Anabaptist Jacques

7. Long Gone

Long Gone Patron with Honors

Thats hilarious! And I agree - Louie would laugh at it also.

Here's a candidate for lame: FCDC sometime c. 1975 there was an illegal pc onlines. Wait, I know we had lots of them. Thats not the lame part. The lame part was that this pc was actively (i.e. between sessions) using heroin and drinking to excess. Pop Powell (local boarding house owner) had to call the org on several occassions because of his behavior. The last time Pop called was because the dude had overdosed and died. Right after the ambulance came to take him away the goldenrod was written and issued declaring him to be an illegal pc!

Hold on ... the horses is run off, better close the barn door quick ya'll. :grouch: Damn illegal pc's. Why'd they have to have so much money and tempt us to go all out-ethics to get them onlines.

8. tookmeawhile

tookmeawhile Patron with Honors

Well, getting an Illegal PC declare order when you're dead is rather OT, don't you think? Sort of like doing that special OT level that you do after you die - only in reverse. :treadmill:

9. If you think that's lame, you should have seen his routing form!
    (just kidding)

The Anabaptist Jacques

10. Long Gone

Long Gone Patron with Honors

Yeah that routing form was a bitch. I suspect the Qual Sec got crammed to letting him die without clearing his MU/s first and he never got routed to Div 2 for one final raid on his dad's bank account.

11. thetanic

thetanic Gold Meritorious Patron

Lamest thing I ever heard at an org was the ED nattering about some PC's case (given in SESSION and the ED was not the auditor) -- at a staff meeting. More than one time.

12. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Oh this used to happen all the time at the org I was at, constantly running down the pcs students and public, it was horrifying and disgusting. If anything ever went wrong it was always always their fault, unbelievable.. :duh: I had sessions of my own nattered about not to mention a huge rucus throughout the org about my 'life history', I had a relationship with a woman years prior and was from that moment on labeled an out 2D lesbian.. :hysterical: .. if only they took the time to get to know me a little better.. :eyeroll:

13. thetanic

Ha, I got labeled an out-2d lesbian and I've never had any relationship with a woman. Idiots.

When I heard people talk about the case being discussed at their orgs on ARS back in the day, that's what did it for me. I realized that confidentiality was breached casually and for no defensible reason, and that there was no point telling squat to the CoS.

14. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Good god!! Well at least I contributed something to be labelled an 'out 2D lesbian'.. :hysterical: .. maybe it was a label they liked, gave them something normal to think about .. :eyeroll:

I should have run like the wind then, but I didn't.. :duh: .. well I'm well and truly out now and that's the main thing. Well done to you for waking up to that and getting out when you did. :yes:

15. thetanic

Oh, I was already out, that just cemented "no point in going back. Ever."

16. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Well done! :thumbsup:

17. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Lame...well, probably so.

Hi Pix! :arose: :biglove: Wow! You are a busy little flirt - flittin' all over the place today...writin' poems and stuff...very good!. :yes: Did the weather cool off a bit, or what? :confused2: :D

THREAD CONSISTENT: ONE of the lame things I did was keep a little notebook of all the money I "loaned" and tapes and CD's "borrowed". Finally, I just tore it up and did not even bother to try to remember. I do not recall any repayments came my way and am fine with it. What I did is adopt the stable datum which my dad gave me a long time ago; he said..."...you don't ever loan money to your children; just give it to them and forget about it." He was right, and it has worked very well for me. I'd like to acknowledge him for the wisdom of that indication. :yes: He was right about a lot of other things too, including Scientology. I should have paid more attention to him on that issue. :duh:

Love, Roy, the EP's EP

18. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Me? A flirt? Pot and kettle come to mind EP.. how very dare you, don't tell me you're another one of those that think just because one is happy and wants to share a little love around the board one has decided to 'label' me a flirt.. :no: If that's the case I 'flirt' with the girls too yet I'm not into girls in that way.. :duh: why am I even explaining myself here, ah well EP if I didn't give a toss about you I wouldn't bother, however I think it better to keep you in the picutre. :yes: Did you like my new poem? :laugh:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  19. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

At my penultimate handling for posting to a.r.s.- the idiot in HCO said "you're trying to help the 20% and not the 80%"

Another ridiculous thing: a young woman said she didn't want to go on to college and one of the reasons was that they teach psych there. She went on staff instead and her behavior there was...well, a scandal resulted.

I also heard a staff member,an experienced, tech trained person- blurt something out about Teegeeack when he was doing a drill in the practical course room in the academy to teach him how to do the group auditing that is done during Sunday services. The students asked to help him on that drill were on all different stages on the bridge and the theory courseroom was right there on the other side of the open door. I thought that was weird!

20. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

Poesy!

I liked it very much indeed, my dear! :yes: :thumbsup: But I have to admit - re the first one - that it took me a while to figure out you meant "biscuit"...:duh: ...but with a little M7 on self, got it all worked out, and liked it too...:D More later...late...:grouch:

Love,

EP