ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

WHO IS TALLER DAVID MISCAVIGE OR NAPOLEON BONAPARTE?

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by Dean Blair, May 14, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dean Blair

Dean Blair Silver Meritorious Patron

I had wondered about this and had to look it up. David Miscavige and Napoleon Bonaparte are exactly the same size. 5 feet 5 inches. Napoleon's empire only lasted for 11 years. David has him beat there. Little Davey has lasted 26 years. When is it going to be over? Is there no one in the Sea Ogre who can remove him? He seems to be about as persistent as the crab grass in my lawn or the cock roaches in a cheap rundown motel.

2. Auditor's Toad

Auditor's Toad Clear as Mud

NO ! NO !

DM is six foot six !

I saw him live at an event.

He is six foot foot six & growing every day !

3. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Actually Napolean wasn't that short, he was 5'7 which was above average for that time and place in history.

Read more at http://www.todayifoundout.com/index...ing-been-short-is-a-myth/#bhVw4k98GuVaMuiu.99

4. Dean Blair

5. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Your source uses an article from 1962 as its reference, which has generally been discounted by more recent research. The entire first page of google search results all cite his height as 5'7, including google bio and Wikipedia.

Not to split hairs but I've just seen the myth of his short stature perpetuated quite a bit, all due to the difference between French and English units of measurements.

I'd be quite pleased to see the term "Napoleon complex" replaced by the "Miscavige complex." More fitting too. Napoleon actually managed to accomplish some incredible military/ political feats, so comparing short bossy guys who are mostly just assholes with no accomplishments, but loads of insecurity, seems unfair. Miscavige is a much better fit for a tiny little man who has no real accomplishments but is a bossy asshole to all due to his immense insecurities.

(Also it allows us to say Napoleon was a giant compared to that little shit Miscavige.)

6. Dean Blair

Alrighty then. Napoleon was as tall as Tom Cruise. Two inches taller than the wee one. Thank you for the info.

7. You can't be serious in comparing David Miscavige with Napoleon Bonaparte.

Napoleon won numerous huge battles when his forces were outnumbered.

Miscavige keeps shooting himself in the foot.

Napoleon conquered large parts of Europe.

Miscavige has bought some pieces of real estate of which he cannot make use.

Napoleon had a powerful nation behind him.

Miscavige has a cult full of sycophants following him.

Napoleon is in the history books.

Miscavige is in a few criminal expose' books.

The Anabaptist Jacques

8. KissMyStats

KissMyStats Patron with Honors

Thank you for that. I like the term "Miscavige complex". Would make a perfect new name for a psych illness that covers more than being a diminutive male.

9. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Der Dwarfenfuer would better e compared to this fine fellow

10. Osiris

Osiris Patron with Honors

Comparing David Miscavige to Napoleon Bonaparte puts Bonaparte in bad company ......

more like David Miscavige ..... & a Rock spider ....... & the Rock spider is by far the taller one .... (smarter too)

11. Out-Ethics

Out-Ethics Patron Meritorious

I had to goggle famous short men. Not that I consider The Short One famous as most if not all on the list below are far better known. For your non-sports fans Muggsy Bogues no relation to any Mafia organization was an NBA basketball player. Here is a list i found:

Danny Devito
    Muggsy Bogues
    Gary Coleman

Danny Devito (5'0").

Ghengis Khan (5'1")

Yasser Arafat (died in 2004, 5'2").

Dudley Moore (5'2", plus a few mm tall, you know those millimetres are important or he wouldn't include them). Prince (the artist as formerly known is about the same height).

At 5'3", there's
    Davy Jones, Paul Simon, Ariel Sharon (the occasional recent leader of Israel), Ronnie Corbett, King Hussein (of Jordan), Martin Scorsese.

Coming in at 5'4" tall: Michael J. Fox, Pablo Picasso and Rick Moranis (the guy who turned into a monstrous dog in Ghostbusters, also does a lot of character voices in recent kid films).

Standing around 5'5" there's Vladimir Lenin and James Cagney, Lou Reed.

These men stand (stood) around 5'6": Woody Allen, Dustin Hoffman, TE Lawrence (of Arabia), Horatio Nelson, Joseph Stalin.

At 5'7" (ish): Tom Cruise, Al Pacino, Emilio Estevez.

The average British man stands about about 5'9". The average height has been falling in recent years, due mostly to the aging population. People shrink an inch or so in their last 30 years.

12. Out-Ethics

Out-Ethics Patron Meritorious

Funny! Reminds me of the Braveheart movie when Wallace is talking to his countryman about to go into battle:

Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

13. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

I thought this song might apply, but I was wrong...

- David Miscavige doesn't tell little lies .. he tells big ones.

[video=youtube;1NvgLkuEtkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA[/video]

14. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

15. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

Great post!

We need to add more.

Napoleon invaded countries

Miscavige invades neighborhoods

Napoloeon expanded education

Miscavige expanded the release of Ron books

Napoleon is a topic in History classes

Miscavige is a topic of court cases

Napoleon had Josephine

Miscavige has Tom Cruise

Rd00

16. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm glad to know that I have at least more than 30 years to live because I haven't begun to shrink yet.

Has DM begun to shrink?

Rd00

17. Dean Blair

OMG! I forgot about the shrinkage factor. David is 53 years old now and the shrinking has probably already begun. He may only be 5 feet three inches now. His tailor would have this information.

18. R2-45

R2-45 Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: WHO IS SHORTER? DAVID MISCAVIGE OR NAPOLEON BONAPARTE?

To be fair, the question should really be: "WHO IS SHORTER? DAVID MISCAVIGE OR NAPOLEON BONAPARTE?"

That way, the diminutive dwarf can see it as a win.

19. Seda Rashidi

Seda Rashidi New Member

Re: WHO IS SHORTER? DAVID MISCAVIGE OR NAPOLEON BONAPARTE?

lol!

20. Dean Blair

The shrinkage factor reminds me of a movie I watched as a kid.
    [​IMG]